Booked Fantasmic Dinner Package!

grover

DIS Veteran
Yipeee! I booked the Fantasmic Dinner Package today from work! It is nice to be able to book it in advance, I love fantasmic! We are doing Hollywood and Vine-we really liked last time so decided to do it a second time. I know lots of people have been complaining that it costs a couple $$$ more than it did before-but who am I to complain-us Canadians already pay more anyways!! So one more thing to get excited about! Also have ressies at Chef Mickey's for our fiist morning there! Only 56 days to go! Oh and Nov hours are out too! A great day!

Grover in Winnipeg
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Have fun on your next trip, we have always liked the fact that you do not have to line up for the fantasmic show with the dinner packages, which allows more time in the park.:smooth:

Don't want to burst your bubble but...
We were in WDW from Aug. 25-31. We went to Hollywood & Vine for the Fantasmic Dinner Package on Wednesday. While we were eating a torrential rain storm started. Fantasmic cancelled. Went to guest relations and managed to get a ticket for the next night. Fantasmic was cancelled for the next two nights due to late afternoon/evening storms that were too violent to let the show go on. We left the next day. What I will always regret was that on the Tuesday night we could have gone over to MGM for Fantasmic after Animal Kingdom but didn't think about the fact that it could rain for the next 3 nights. I hope that Fantasmic is something that will still be there the next time we go, 3-5 years from now.

Nope-You have no chance in bursting my bubble!
Actually from everything I have read you get much more rain and thunderstorms in the summer due to the high heat and humidity- that is a perfect equation for thunderstorms and florida is known to have these conditions.
Our last trip was in Oct and we only had one little drizzle in 12 days and it lasted less than half an hour. Extreme heat and humidity is not likely to be a issue in mid novemeber.
So I am not at all concerned about thunderstorms and if it does happen that is mother nature for you!

Grover in Winnipeg

Grover,

My family will not be there when you are so chances of NOT getting rained on are good. Everytime we go we feel like we should be walking around apologizing to everyone else since the rain seems to follow us. It doesn't matter when we go we always get thunderstorms, I am ready for them June, July, August, September, however we have got them in May, April, March. November and even January. The January one was quite funny because my FIL had promised us that it never rains in Flordia in January, he has a boat in Tampa and we were going to go out on the gulf and sure enough a big storm came up. And we couldn't go out. He still blames us for the storm.

Allison

I hate to put a damper on things,but I'm told that due to the low crowds the advatages of the viewing area for Fantasmic is actually not so good.
In fact ,folk are just walking right on in without a wait and ending up with better seats than the the folks who booked the package.
(we were going to book the same package as you until we read ..on other forums some recent reviews and recommendations.......and the prices are a bit steep).

We used the Fantasmic package for the first time this year. I will NEVER stand in the regular line again. It was fantastic! We figured that if we got rained out - that's life. You have to eat anyway. It may be that you COULD walk right in at certain times of the year. Again - that's life. I won't chance that again either. We loved Hollywood and Vine. :Pinkbounc

I have to agree with Nancy. For our family, it will be Fantasmic dinner package all the way. It used to be different when there were two shows. We had great luck going to the later show, but with one, I want to know that I can sit, without lengthy lineups or waits on the benches. Over the course of the years we have sat from in most sections, front, middleand back, and I've never had a bad seat, although the youngest two like to be close enough to get wet! 'Sides, if you walk in, and you see better seats...choose them lol. :smooth:

And we enjoyed the meal at H&V, too. They could use a little more variety in the dessert area, but it was great for our family, and the service was good-not exceptional, but good, just the same.

Doing the happy dance for you and your family, grover!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thank You for the positive thoughts Nancy and Debbie! I am so looking forward to this trip, the planning is so much fun! Once you start making those PS's you know it is right around the corner! Fantasmic is such a wonderful show-can't wait to see it again-I am now excited again about doing the package-won't let anyones "what if's" get me down for long! Like I said in my first post-the price isn't really a issue as we NEED to eat and do like H & V and we lose a ton on the exchange-what is another few bucks really! And if the show is cancelled we will lose out just like the other folks-no controlling mother nature and no sense in stressing over it! Just like the old package if you ate and it was cancelled you would still have to pay for your dinner! I know there is a chance of thunderstorm anytime but I think it is more of a certainty in the summer months-probably why it was cancelled 3 days in row.
Only 50 days to go!! Can't wait!
Grover in Winnipeg
:Pinkbounc

Hi Grover, glad your spirits are high again, I've booked FDP even though a lot of folk have knocked it. I'm really looking forward to it. We've never seen it.
We're eating at H&V too. Roll on October 17th.
We'll have to compare notes when we get bach eh?

P.S. hope you don't mind me saying but your PINK text is really hard on the eyes:Pinkbounc :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter