Booking 2BR in AUL 1-2 months Out?

JackArchie

HalloweenJack
Hi Guys,

I recently signed a contract for a 160 point AUL propert via resale. According to the broker it can take as long as 90-120 days before closing is completed since its an international seller from Japan. I'm planning a family vacation in Aulani for a 2 BR, 1st-2nd week of February. What are my chances in booking a 2BR by December? Please share your experiences booking a room in AUL 1-2 months before travel.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
A 2BR villa will be more than 160 points. Do you have another contract you'll be using also? I can't speak to it from personal experience, but I think it could be tough. Winter is peak season, and February can be busy with many schools having winter breaks during that time. If you are totally flexible with dates, and are willing to book any room type or view, then anything is possible but I'd have a solid back-up plan in place. I'd also wait to book flights until you secure something, and would expect higher than usual flight prices booking so close to travel time.

A 2BR villa will be more than 160 points. Do you have another contract you'll be using also? I can't speak to it from personal experience, but I think it could be tough. Winter is peak season, and February can be busy with many schools having winter breaks during that time. If you are totally flexible with dates, and are willing to book any room type or view, then anything is possible but I'd have a solid back-up plan in place. I'd also wait to book flights until you secure something, and would expect higher than usual flight prices booking so close to travel time.

Yes the contract I bought will have 250 points available til 5/31/19. I really hope 2BR are not fully booked by the time the escrow closes. One of the downsides on buying from an international seller I guess closing will take time.

Yes the contract I bought will have 250 points available til 5/31/19. I really hope 2BR are not fully booked by the time the escrow closes. One of the downsides on buying from an international seller I guess closing will take time.

How many nights? My guess is if anything is available, it would be ocean view which you could get for 248 points for 5 nights. It also can be difficult to get consecutive nights that late so you may need to pay cash for the nights you can't get, if that's the route you want to go. Hopefully someone else can come along and speak to availability. If you post on the DVC forums, a current owner might be willing to look up availability for you now so you have an idea.

No point anybody wasting time and checking now since you can't book for a few months.

Hi Guys,

I recently signed a contract for a 160 point AUL propert via resale. According to the broker it can take as long as 90-120 days before closing is completed since its an international seller from Japan. I'm planning a family vacation in Aulani for a 2 BR, 1st-2nd week of February. What are my chances in booking a 2BR by December? Please share your experiences booking a room in AUL 1-2 months before travel.

Thank you very much!

Congratulations! pixiedust:

We've not booked that close to an Aulani stay but did check availability. Those weeks are low points for Aulani. Right now there is full availability for 2 BR dedicated but not lockoffs. I also checked the second half of Oct into mid November to see what is currently available in the 1-2 month frame. Same thing...full availability for 2 BR dedicated, very limited availability for lockoffs. So I think there is hope for you! Good luck!

Congratulations! pixiedust:

We've not booked that close to an Aulani stay but did check availability. Those weeks are low points for Aulani. Right now there is full availability for 2 BR dedicated but not lockoffs. I also checked the second half of Oct into mid November to see what is currently available in the 1-2 month frame. Same thing...full availability for 2 BR dedicated, very limited availability for lockoffs. So I think there is hope for you! Good luck!

This gives me hope. Thank you for checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter