Booking a AAA Rate & Membership etc

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
I think we are going to book our rooms at the AAA rate and hope for an AP rate. If we book directly through Disney, do they ask your AAA membership number when you book? Will they want to see the card when we check-in? And how many rooms can you book per AAA member?
The reason I ask is b/c we are going w/ my parents, and they have AAA and we don't. How should I book the rooms? In their name or does it matter?

Thanks!! pirate:

Yes they will ask for the number when you make the reservation (I've done it twice) and they told me a couple of times during each conversation that I would have to show the card at check-in.

NCombs said:
Yes they will ask for the number when you make the reservation (I've done it twice) and they told me a couple of times during each conversation that I would have to show the card at check-in.

Ditto.........

I don't know for sure how many you are allowed with AAA but I have 2 rooms booked with AAA for the October trip. I know AP's can book up to 3 rooms.

I believe AAA allows three rooms. You should also have the expiration date when you call. Sometimes they ask for it, along with the AAA Member ID number.

Francine

Your parents will be there at check in, right? I would think that you could book the rooms yourself (in your name if that's important to you), get the AAA # and expiration date of the membership from your parents and give it to the CM when they ask for it. (There's no need to offer that the membership is not in your name - they won't check into that.) Then your parents could simply show the card at check in if asked. As long as someone in one of the rooms is a AAA member, I don't think they'd take the rate away from you. Does that make sense?

I have two AAA rooms booked for December, so I know they allow at least 2 rooms at the AAA rate.

NCombs said:

Same for me... But I saved far more than the AAA cost! :goodvibes

eta: Check into joining AAA online. I did and save $14.

FWIW, I wasn't asked for my membership number when I made my reservation, although they did say I'd have to show my card.

MIL and SIL are coming with us on this trip, and they are staying in their own room. We are AAA members, they aren't. When I booked the trip, I asked the CM how they could be booked under my AAA discount, and he gave us "travel with" numbers that are different from your confirmation number. He said that would allow them to receive the AAA rate even though they are arriving on a different day. I gave MIL a copy of our AAA card in case they want some sort of verification from her.

Can you put husband and wifes name on one membership for AAA, or do you need separate memberships? TIA :flower:

I have had to provide my AAA number when making a reservation. My confirmation also states that it must be provided at check-in.

Hopetobee,
I'm not sure about other states but here you cannot have 2 names on a membership card. Memberships are separate. If one family member has AAA, you can often get a discount on others. I assume that you realize that both partners do not need AAA to get a AAA discount on their room at WDW.

I have a question also about AAA. I have booked a room only for March 2006 and was wondering when the AAA rates are usually available. From what I understand the 2006 rates are out or did I misunderstand this? Any help would be appreciated..thank you

we have used AAA discounts before and have never been asked to show the card at check in. This happens at Disney and at other hotels. I have never been asked to show the card, even though I always have it with me.

AAA discounts for 2006 should be announced in mid-August.

In Iowa, my husband and I have a joint membership and we each have our own card. We have the "Platinum" membership or whatever it is called because I commute to work and it gives us extra towing miles and such. It was $90 I think.

One thing I learned from booking a trip through AAA is that you get 2% back if you pay for your trip with their AAA Visa. I use this card exclusively for gas because I get a 5% rebate for all gas purchases (and I drive a lot). Now I will get 2% back on my vacation package, plus points towards future vacations. The midatlantic AAA TA was also able to apply the pin code to my existing reservation. Why not get a little cash back?

In repsonse to asking if husband and wife could have the same AAA... you have to pay for each driver that it covers. Oh and it covers the driver not your car, which means if someone else breaks down in your car in order for AAA to take care of it, you must be there. It also means if you break down in someone else's car you're covered.

(I used to work for AAA)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter