Booking a DJ

AllThingsMickey4

DIS Veteran
We are planning on booking a DJ for our reception through Disney. Do we get to request a certain DJ or do they just assign us one? Is there a list of DJs that Disney uses?

On an unrelated note.. when should I let my planner know that I want to use Cinderella's Coach? I was planning on just discussing that along with all the other transportation at my planning session in October, but it didn't occur to me that there could be limited availability. Is it first come, first served? I've emailed my planner so many times already that I don't want to unnecessarily email her if it's something that can wait until my planning session :rotfl:

I would e-mail your planner about Cinderella's Coach. I actually got Cinderella's coach confirmed through my sales consultant when I got the confirmation of my date.

I would e-mail your planner about Cinderella's Coach. I actually got Cinderella's coach confirmed through my sales consultant when I got the confirmation of my date.

I'm pretty sure I told my sales consultant I wanted to use it, but that was the end of it. I just emailed my planner.. hopefully it's still available!! :scared:

You can request a specific DJ from Disney's list. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting the glass coach. In 11 years I've never heard of anyone not getting it for the date and time they wanted.

You can request a specific DJ from Disney's list. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting the glass coach. In 11 years I've never heard of anyone not getting it for the date and time they wanted.

I got the Coach confirmed, so that's one less thing to do and about a thousand things left :rotfl:

Would I get the list of DJs from my planner?

We got it at our original site visit. It was included in the blue folder packet.

Liz

We got it at our original site visit. It was included in the blue folder packet.

Liz

We didn't have a site visit. I guess I need to ask my planner for the list then. I didn't have a great experience with my sales consultant.. so maybe he forgot to send it or something :sad2:

You can ask your planner which one they might recommend to suit your style, you can also check out the Disney DJ's individual websites (we all do other weddings- not just DFTW- throughout Central Florida as well).

Hope this helps!

Wanted to give an update to my DJ situation.. I contacted my planner and she gave me a list of DJs with their respective websites. I sent back my top three choices and she said it would be closer to the wedding before a DJ was confirmed.. well earlier this week she emailed letting me know I got my first choice, DJ Charles Miles!!! I was so worried that I had waited too long to put my request in. Another thing I can check off the list!! :woohoo:

You can ask your planner which one they might recommend to suit your style, you can also check out the Disney DJ's individual websites (we all do other weddings- not just DFTW- throughout Central Florida as well).

Hope this helps!

Thank you DJ Chuck! You were actually one of my top choices.. and then I checked my date on your website and saw you are booked for April 28th!
It's nice to see you on the boards :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!