Booking a trip, advice desperately sought

Thanks! I won’t lie I’m still not sold on the theming but the rest of the family is. That being said beaches and cream, the pool, the location, and the chance to walk around the broadwalk at night sold me. The fact we can think hrmm let’s pop into Epcot for illuminations or come back mid afternoon from studios for a swim. I know the broadwalk won’t be as good as Disney Springs shop wise but still should be nice.
The location is pretty unbeatable, especially if you enjoy Epcot! That said, it's pretty central in WDW as a whole, nothing is more than 15 mins away

How longs the walk to studios? My head says 10 mins or so but it’s been 13 years since I walked it so whiskey may have fogged the memory. I’m certain once I’m there I’ll love it. Just wasn’t high up the list initially. I just spotted as well waffle cone ice creams in beaches and cream are snack credits. The kids will be over the moon.

In terms of meal plan credits do you get full allowances for the days you arrive and leave too? Ie one quick service one table and two snacks?

And do the children’s credits count as children only credits or is it one giant pool of credits that aren’t differentiated?

How longs the walk to studios? My head says 10 mins or so but it’s been 13 years since I walked it so whiskey may have fogged the memory. I’m certain once I’m there I’ll love it. Just wasn’t high up the list initially. I just spotted as well waffle cone ice creams in beaches and cream are snack credits. The kids will be over the moon.

In terms of meal plan credits do you get full allowances for the days you arrive and leave too? Ie one quick service one table and two snacks?

And do the children’s credits count as children only credits or is it one giant pool of credits that aren’t differentiated?
Its about 15 mins to Studios.

The cookie ice cream sandwich is a snack credit too! :D

The credits are calculated per night of your stay (14 nights = 14 Table, 14 quick and 28 Snacks per person). But you can use them on arrival and departure days.

I'm not sure on the child credits.

Its about 15 mins to Studios.

The cookie ice cream sandwich is a snack credit too! :D

The credits are calculated per night of your stay (14 nights = 14 Table, 14 quick and 28 Snacks per person). But you can use them on arrival and departure days.

I'm not sure on the child credits.

15 Mins is very manageable :)

Ah ok all 14 nights get credits that’s super. Especially as we aren’t Likely to use much more than snacks or quick service the first day.

Table service meals are ' child ' credits but quick service meals are all the same :) So the kids will have 14 table service credits and the QS will be pooled as a group.

When we arrive at the hotel its usually 2am ( ish ) back in the uk so the kids never want to do anything but sleep!

Good point, the TC from Manchester used to come in first, around 3pm, all the others seem to be after 4pm now, and they all clash with each other at the gates!
Yes, that's a nightmare! I'm currently waiting for flights to be released so we can hopefully change to the 11:15 from LGW instead of 1:00 to give us bit of a head start lol.

Yes, that's a nightmare! I'm currently waiting for flights to be released so we can hopefully change to the 11:15 from LGW instead of 1:00 to give us bit of a head start lol.
It's a right pain, our January trip is a 1pm flight, and it's so quiet I can't see the 11:15 becoming available!

Table service meals are ' child ' credits but quick service meals are all the same :) So the kids will have 14 table service credits and the QS will be pooled as a group.

When we arrive at the hotel its usually 2am ( ish ) back in the uk so the kids never want to do anything but sleep!

Thanks that’s useful to know as I’m mapping them out.

Yea I’m hoping for a earlier flight also. I expect the kids will be tired but they often nap on the plane or bus when we go away so I’m hoping having the option will energise then.

That's a shame, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an earlier flight.

At least it should be less busy whilst you're out there. I would go in Jan if we had the choice, I imagine it to be quieter in the parks. Have you been that time before?

Thanks that’s useful to know as I’m mapping them out.

Yea I’m hoping for a earlier flight also. I expect the kids will be tired but they often nap on the plane or bus when we go away so I’m hoping having the option will energise then.
When are you going? I can't remember if you've said on a pp? My iPad is too slow to go and look back lol.

Fingers crossed for earlier flights!

That's a shame, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an earlier flight.

At least it should be less busy whilst you're out there. I would go in Jan if we had the choice, I imagine it to be quieter in the parks. Have you been that time before?

No this is our first Jan trip, only been December, or April-July before. Hoping for quiet crowds!

When are you going? I can't remember if you've said on a pp? My iPad is too slow to go and look back lol.

Fingers crossed for earlier flights!

Thanks Tash, we're going sept 15th 2018. Hoping the crowds will be quieter.

Be aware it is hurricane season and it might be wise to consider travel insurance.

As for ME buses, they depart when full..but there have been several trips where we have been the only party on the bus. The longest I have ever waited is 20 mins to fill the bus. Then again, I rarely arrive during peak hours (I like late night flights usually).

Be aware it is hurricane season and it might be wise to consider travel insurance.

As for ME buses, they depart when full..but there have been several trips where we have been the only party on the bus. The longest I have ever waited is 20 mins to fill the bus. Then again, I rarely arrive during peak hours (I like late night flights usually).

Well aware thanks and have already booked some. Hopefully we won’t need to use it.

Ah ok sounds like it should leave fairly swiftly. Do more come along quickly or is there just one.

The earlier flights out of Manchester with Thomas cook via a partner airline are cheaper now also. Just under £1670 for all four of us and we’d be there just after three pm. Mighty tempted as Manchester is only 13 more miles than Gatwick and about 20 more mins without the possibility of issues on the m25.

Torn really. Not keen on driving to Manchester but hate the Gatwick drive also (Heathrow’s far easier to get to for me). But the Manchester price is now cheaper and gets me in two hours earlier. How is Manchester airport? Never used it

Part of me is still tempted to wait for the other flights but not sure I’ll beat under £420 a person

The earlier flights out of Manchester with Thomas cook via a partner airline are cheaper now also. Just under £1670 for all four of us and we’d be there just after three pm. Mighty tempted as Manchester is only 13 more miles than Gatwick and about 20 more mins without the possibility of issues on the m25.

Torn really. Not keen on driving to Manchester but hate the Gatwick drive also (Heathrow’s far easier to get to for me). But the Manchester price is now cheaper and gets me in two hours earlier. How is Manchester airport? Never used it

Part of me is still tempted to wait for the other flights but not sure I’ll beat under £420 a person

Manchester is an average airport, there isn't alot of space after security and before the gates (where you have to hang out till you get a gate number). It's easy to get to, but from down our way we've obviously always gone up the night before.

Unless you manage to get a decent sale price I can't see you beating £420

Manchester is an average airport, there isn't alot of space after security and before the gates (where you have to hang out till you get a gate number). It's easy to get to, but from down our way we've obviously always gone up the night before.

Unless you manage to get a decent sale price I can't see you beating £420

That’s my thought too Jon, stay fri night. Cuts out the risk etc. And yes I can’t see me beating the price either, just can’t decide on Gatwick and later arrival or Manchester and earlier.

Still have a bit of an aversion to flying Thomas cook but I think that’s me remembering bad planes and delays from my European holidays of my youth.

That’s my thought too Jon, stay fri night. Cuts out the risk etc. And yes I can’t see me beating the price either, just can’t decide on Gatwick and later arrival or Manchester and earlier.

Still have a bit of an aversion to flying Thomas cook but I think that’s me remembering bad planes and delays from my European holidays of my youth.
Yeah, we do that with Gatwick too, the Dartford crossing is way too risky!

Haha, the short haul TC planes are still a bit rough on all accounts. The A330's are pretty nice now they are refurbished with the new TC designs

Last edited:
Yeah, we do that with Gatwick too, the Dartford crossing is way too risky!

Haha, the short haul TC planes are still a bit rough on all accounts. The A330's are pretty nice now they are refurbished with the new TC designs

The 10:45 Manchester site is operated by airtanker but that seems to be TC branded planes run by someone else so should be fine. There is a 10:15 flight but it costs a bit more.

Plot thickens. The airtanker doesn’t look as good a specs as the regular planes and is overhead not seat back entertainment. Back to the drawing board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!