Booking for our first time - some questions before I can book on August 8th (tomorrow!)

I booked a regular 2 BR. I figured we would rather have 2 queen beds instead of a pull down, and we don't ahve a use for a second entrance or extra kitchenette that I can think of. We have 6 people in our immediate family and are taking 3 grandparents, so even if something happened and grandparents don't go we still would need a 2BR. Given that I can't see any reason we would need to drip to a 1 BR or studio.

Are there any reasons other than possibly dropping one of the rooms that you would recommend a lockoff? I could always change.

The only other reason is: 2BR lockoff at riviera actually gives you bed space for 10 people, not 9, and 5 sinks instead of 4 sinks because of the kitchenette. Even if all 9 end up going, you have a little more flexibility on where you put people, which may be useful if it turns out some people wake up earlier than others, etc. Also keep in mind that at riviera all of the pull down beds are REAL beds that feel amazing, and the setup with the pull down queen is actually more handy - there are outlets and cubbies and reading lights right next to the bed.

5 sinks instead of 4 might also be handier at bedtime and in the morning, for brushing teeth, etc.

When we first booked our (canceled) August trip for 8 people, we booked a LO for the sinks. Then downsized because the other family couldn't join, then canceled. But in the future if taking 8 or more people, I think I'd opt for more sinks and handy pull down beds. (I have fallen asleep on them.)

The only other reason is: 2BR lockoff at riviera actually gives you bed space for 10 people, not 9, and 5 sinks instead of 4 sinks because of the kitchenette. Even if all 9 end up going, you have a little more flexibility on where you put people, which may be useful if it turns out some people wake up earlier than others, etc. Also keep in mind that at riviera all of the pull down beds are REAL beds that feel amazing, and the setup with the pull down queen is actually more handy - there are outlets and cubbies and reading lights right next to the bed.

5 sinks instead of 4 might also be handier at bedtime and in the morning, for brushing teeth, etc.

When we first booked our (canceled) August trip for 8 people, we booked a LO for the sinks. Then downsized because the other family couldn't join, then canceled. But in the future if taking 8 or more people, I think I'd opt for more sinks and handy pull down beds. (I have fallen asleep on them.)
You can't automatically downsize your lockoff two bedroom to a one bedroom or studio. The one bedroom or studio needs to be available to book.

You can't automatically downsize your lockoff two bedroom to a one bedroom or studio. The one bedroom or studio needs to be available to book.
It's not automatic and you can't do it online but I have done it by calling MS.

Well, You convinced me at least for the time being! I did figure out how to add on the 8th night, and I changed to a lockoff. As long as the beds are just as comfy I thought it might be nice having the outlets/cubbies around them, and maybe the extra sink in the kitchenette area would be handy for a grandparent to get ready and split the adults groups by bathroom/bathroom/kitchenette for spreading out toiletries. IDK, but it’s an idea and I had to choose somehow lol! Does it feel the same inside- like just a 2 BR and not somehow like 2 separate areas awkwardly connected? I can’t remember from our tour at the preview center, I assume what we saw was a lockoff and not a dedicated 2 BR? I suspect I am overthinking this like usual for me!

Well, You convinced me at least for the time being! I did figure out how to add on the 8th night, and I changed to a lockoff. As long as the beds are just as comfy I thought it might be nice having the outlets/cubbies around them, and maybe the extra sink in the kitchenette area would be handy for a grandparent to get ready and split the adults groups by bathroom/bathroom/kitchenette for spreading out toiletries. IDK, but it’s an idea and I had to choose somehow lol! Does it feel the same inside- like just a 2 BR and not somehow like 2 separate areas awkwardly connected? I can’t remember from our tour at the preview center, I assume what we saw was a lockoff and not a dedicated 2 BR? I suspect I am overthinking this like usual for me!
Was it the same amount of points for a lock-off as a dedicated 2 bedroom?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!