Booking Nov/Dec 2021

Madhattermad

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

So I have a confirmed booking with Disney at the Polynesian Village Resort for Nov/Dec 2021. I can see that they have since closed the booking system and you can now only book until Sep 2021. I have tried to go to the payment page today and I only appear to be able to pay the full balance, not any part payment. I'm now worrying my booking may no longer be valid or something?

Anyone else in a similar position?

Thanks

K.

Hi everyone,

So I have a confirmed booking with Disney at the Polynesian Village Resort for Nov/Dec 2021. I can see that they have since closed the booking system and you can now only book until Sep 2021. I have tried to go to the payment page today and I only appear to be able to pay the full balance, not any part payment. I'm now worrying my booking may no longer be valid or something?

Anyone else in a similar position?

Thanks

K.
They are making a right mess of this, no one knows what's going on 🤔

I have a booking for Oct/Nov 2021. It still shows in MDE correctly.

If I go into the balance payment page it doesn't seem to offer any option except "Pay Balance" so I think that's normal. You probably need to call if you want to do partial payments.

I think the only difference from normal is that you can't currently make or modify bookings beyond Sept 2021. I don't think it's anything sinister - they are just really busy dealing with the next 12 months or so.

Thanks both, little worried because apparently the tickets aren't going to be offered during the 50th Anniversary that is part of my package but I guess I'll wait and see what Disney say in time. I can't fault them for their customer service so I guess it'll be ok.

@Madhattermad
Do you mind me asking what sort of price you’re paying for your Christmas trip? We are hoping to go in 2022 but it will be 2 families ours 3ad1teen and my daughters 2ad1ch age 4. Hard to get an idea of costs that far out and I tried to price for next year as I don’t think this year’s prices will be accurate but of course I couldn’t look that far ahead.

Last edited:
I was talking with a customer service agent today and she thinks bookings for post-Sept 2021 will open 'soon' - weeks rather than months. She said they were getting the Park Pass system and stuff sorted out.

I have no idea how true that is, but it makes sense - in the current situation predicting more than a year out is going to be vague - to put it mildly.

Quick update, I've heard back from Disney and according to them the whole booking is still valid, which surprised me as it has the 14 day UK ticket included which apparently is not valid during the 50th Celebrations...but that's what they tell me. The only other thing they said is that they apologise for the error in the payment system and I can call direct to make part payments as needed.

it has the 14 day UK ticket included which apparently is not valid during the 50th Celebrations
I've got a 14 day ticket for Oct/Nov 21.
I've seen this idea hypothesised because all the (UK) bookings for late 2021 got frozen earlier in the year. It might possibly become true for future bookings, but I honestly think it's garbage. Why would they do that?

It is probably not worth the fuss with them trying to cancel those tickets, there is probably only a small percentage of people who bought them when they were pulled. Plus with with things the way they are and people will still be hesitant to travel/recession, they may be glad of a few guaranteed bookings in the system.

I've got a 14 day ticket for Oct/Nov 21.
I've seen this idea hypothesised because all the (UK) bookings for late 2021 got frozen earlier in the year. It might possibly become true for future bookings, but I honestly think it's garbage. Why would they do that?

Yeah I'm with you, I'm not sure why they would isolate UK customers like that unless they are overhauling their ticket structure in general heading into the 50th Anniversary?! However, there has been talk for a few years that the UK ticket package is more generous than it should be, so who knows. For now though, they tell me that my 14 day tickets are secured for my Nov/Dec trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter