Booking Swan/Dolphin - 2 questions

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
1. If I book Swan or Dolphin through my Marriott account instead of Disney MDE does that mean I can only get FP at 30 days rather than 60? I do not need transpiration from MCO and I realize it is not provided though Swan/Dolphin on DME.

2. If our focus is ease of getting to HS and Epcot, is one hotel preferred over the other? (2 adults, no kids).

1. If I book Swan or Dolphin through my Marriott account instead of Disney MDE does that mean I can only get FP at 30 days rather than 60? I do not need transpiration from MCO and I realize it is not provided though Swan/Dolphin on DME.

2. If our focus is ease of getting to HS and Epcot, is one hotel preferred over the other? (2 adults, no kids).

You will get your FP 60 days out. You can walk to HS or Epcot or take a boat. If you have to take the bus often, Swan might be better. Swan also has queen size beds, not double.

You can check out some information here: https://www.maplemickeyears.com/post/disney-resort-savings-swan-and-dolphin-hotels

FP window is based on a qualifying stay, not how the stay is booked. By all means, get your Bonvoy points (or cash them in) for your stay; it makes no difference to Disney. Just make sure you make the reservation early enough to link it in MDE. It might take a few days, and double check your husband and you are both on the reservation.

You also have EMH privileges. Since our Swan reservation was linked in MDE, the CMs just scanned our magic bands and let us in. You can also show your hotel key card. You won't get new magic bands as part of your stay, but you can use ones from previous stays, buy new, or just use the ticket cards.

No difference in ease of transport to/from Epcot and HS. If taking a boat, the launch is shared by the Swan and Dolphin and is located right between the two hotels. If walking, the bridge over to the walkway is likewise located between the two buildings.

Within the resorts, the main pools are located closer to the Dolphin side, but because it's a bigger building, it usually takes longer to go between the lobby and your room at the Dolphin.

Every once in a while when I stay at Swan or Dolphin, mde doesn’t recognize the ressie number. All you have to do is call Disney and they will make sure your reservation is linked.

We love Swan/Dolphin and it's just about the only place we stay now. I just book whichever one is less but it's usually just me or me and my son so separate beds and the size of the beds doesn't matter. Most of the food and bars are located at Dolphin and it has the bigger pool complex but seriously they are just about the same hotel. I've never had a problem linking my reservation with MDE, I just wait a day after I've made it and cut and past the confirmation # I get in the email from Bonvoy into MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter