Booking through an agency..deal to good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlinspride

Disney Mommy
Hello..I just received a quote for a trip in March. The quote was given through an Travel Agency, which Ive never used before. How do I know if they are legit or not? I **think** they are a preferred agency, but I cant find any YELP reviews on them. Not sure if Im allowed to post the name of them, again I think they are used on here alot.

Thanks
Steph

Post the details of what you got. Exact dates, number in party and resort.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Keep an eye for timeshare presentations, especially if they ask you about income information.

March 3-6, 2018 ( Sat thru Tues). French Quarter , Standard View, 1 Adult, 2 Kids; 3 day base tickets, Deluxe Dining Plus bonus of one free Water park tix per person ( typhoon or Blizzard) ...$357 cheaper than Disney current rates. Its an Agency discount Ive never used an agency, as Ive always been told that they get the same prices as booking direct through Disney..so i was always like why bother. I feel like this is a great deal as FQ discounts are harder to come by along with bonus water park tix.

I'm wondering a similar thing as I got a deal recently too.

However after I booked I got a Disney reservation number and was able to link it to my Disney experience, so I'm less worried now I guess.

The bonus water park pass tells me this is a convention reservation. It's legit, and probably the same deal I got for November.

Yes, it's legit and a wonderful deal. I've gone through them a few times and every time is a great experience.

The bonus water park pass tells me this is a convention reservation. It's legit, and probably the same deal I got for November.
Would you mind saying the discount that is being offered for Nov (I think I know the agency)? I'm trying to book using AP rate for Thanksgiving week and availability is extremely limited (and I don't want to pay rack rate!)

Would you mind saying the discount that is being offered for Nov (I think I know the agency)? I'm trying to book using AP rate for Thanksgiving week and availability is extremely limited (and I don't want to pay rack rate!)
It was roughly 20% for POR and CSR, and it was room-only since we have APs. We're going the week before Thanksgiving, so I don't know what Thanksgiving week would be. Availability for the week before Thanksgiving is very limited now, too. We booked back in February.

It was roughly 20% for POR and CSR, and it was room-only since we have APs. We're going the week before Thanksgiving, so I don't know what Thanksgiving week would be. Availability for the week before Thanksgiving is very limited now, too. We booked back in February.
Thanks so much! Hope you have a great time!

I went through an agency for July and got POFQ cheaper than with my Pin code. If we are talking about the same agency, I always use them and always book cheaper than direct.

How are people finding these agencies? I have always booked direct but am curious how the rates compare. Not sure I feel comfortable with a random google result searching for TA's though.

How are people finding these agencies? I have always booked direct but am curious how the rates compare. Not sure I feel comfortable with a random google result searching for TA's though.
It's a Disboard rule that we are not permitted to say the name of the TA, nor PM it, nor give any clues on how to find them by googling. The only thing I have seen that doesn't get censored is the statement that they offer agency exclusive discounts (which I can attest is true - and that they are lower than any WDW direct offers, including AP rates). I can tell you that a long time ago I found this TA through a combination of combing through old threads and just a tiny bit of googling. It really wasn't that difficult.

We book through them too. Very legit! We stayed at Beach Club for $200/night last September with their Labor Day deal. The savings are amazing. We are staying at BC again, arriving 9/2 and paid $226/night this time. We have never been able to stay at Deluxe resorts because of the prices. I also feel it is so much better than booking through Disney, because we don't have to worry about the headaches and stress of waiting around hoping for free dining or a room only discount lol.

We book through them too. Very legit! We stayed at Beach Club for $200/night last September with their Labor Day deal. The savings are amazing. We are staying at BC again, arriving 9/2 and paid $226/night this time. We have never been able to stay at Deluxe resorts because of the prices. I also feel it is so much better than booking through Disney, because we don't have to worry about the headaches and stress of waiting around hoping for free dining or a room only discount lol.
It's certainly more flexible than renting DVC points, like we did last time.

I have booked the deal multiple times now and never had an issue. We arrive at the Beach Club on 9/1 with this great deal but I have also used them for stays in December, January, and May.

It's a Disboard rule that we are not permitted to say the name of the TA, nor PM it, nor give any clues on how to find them by googling. The only thing I have seen that doesn't get censored is the statement that they offer agency exclusive discounts (which I can attest is true - and that they are lower than any WDW direct offers, including AP rates). I can tell you that a long time ago I found this TA through a combination of combing through old threads and just a tiny bit of googling. It really wasn't that difficult.
Thanks for the tip!

I have booked the deal multiple times now and never had an issue. We arrive at the Beach Club on 9/1 with this great deal but I have also used them for stays in December, January, and May.
See ya at the BC! We arrive a day after you. Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!