Booking trip for 2016

aprilp

Mouseketeer
I did a search but couldn't find the answer to this question: my friend wants to book her Feb 2016 trip way in advance. She is ready to book it now but the system is not allowing her to do so. When do you think they will open up the 2016 dates for booking? She is not on this forum so I told her I would ask, as I am sure that someone on here knows. Thanks in advance!

Mid to late July usually.. She could call now and make a room only reservation by paying the first night's stay(their best guess rate for now subject to change of course) and making it a package when they do open up. Great idea to book early for hard to get rooms or specific view rooms.

I asked my TA when I could book for next year and she said June or July. I can't wait until we can book!

I booked in like October 2014 for my February 2015 trip, but later on Disney rolled out discounts on select rooms/resorts. I booked through United Vacations and after an hour of negotiation (I didn't get the insurance policy...bad decision), I managed to "upgrade" from Port Orleans French Quarter standard room to Port Orleans Riverside royal guest room for $85 less than my original trip price. If I had booked later from scratch, I probably would have saved more...

What I'm trying to say is, February is a slow season for Disney and they might offer deals for that time. Book too early and you'll miss those discounts!

If your book through Disney... whether room only or package.. and later Disney comes out with discounts/special offers, then simply call and they will apply discount to your trip. They will gladly accommodate you IF your resort qualifies for offer. I've always booked way ahead and have been able to take advantage of announced discounts or special offers.

If your book through Disney... whether room only or package.. and later Disney comes out with discounts/special offers, then simply call and they will apply discount to your trip. They will gladly accommodate you IF your resort qualifies for offer. I've always booked way ahead and have been able to take advantage of announced discounts or special offers.

Oh good to know, thanks! Of the 2 times I have been to WDW, I've booked through United Vacations since it's a one stop shop, and flights seem cheaper that way...but next time I will definitely look into booking separately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter