Borrowed points still being returned to original UY?

jodybird511

DIS Veteran
Hi,

This is still happening currently, yes? I'm getting ready to cancel a December trip, which I was going to wait on to cancel until Sept (my banking deadline), but at this point, I'm planning to pull the trigger now, b/c I'm afraid they will revoke the policy to return points to the original UY if I wait that long.

I cancelled my trip a little early for the same reason ( banking deadline July 31). I was afraid they would change the policy any moment. I had a Nov trip and cancelled about two weeks ago. Points were returned.

I cancelled my trip a little early for the same reason ( banking deadline July 31). I was afraid they would change the policy any moment. I had a Nov trip and cancelled about two weeks ago. Points were returned.
Thank you!

Just a followup: called MS to cancel my trip yesterday, and the rep was terrific. I had no new trip to schedule, but she offered to return my borrowed points to the original use year and did it while I waited on the phone. Short wait time and easy peasy.

Are many people getting Rci offers from Disney? Disney canceled my vacationin March and I rebooked to Oct. Going to cancel because of Covid concerns especially since Southwest cancelled our direct flights and we now have to travel through multiple airports. I asked DVC about this and they said I could get RCI points back. Anyone else getting this?

Are many people getting Rci offers from Disney? Disney canceled my vacationin March and I rebooked to Oct. Going to cancel because of Covid concerns especially since Southwest cancelled our direct flights and we now have to travel through multiple airports. I asked DVC about this and they said I could get RCI points back. Anyone else getting this?

If someone has points that will expire DVC CMs have been suggesting to members they have the option of RCI vs, letting them just expire.

So since Disney took the points from my March vacation that they cancelled and said they put them into use year 2020 can they be banked?

So since Disney took the points from my March vacation that they cancelled and said they put them into use year 2020 can they be banked?

If they were 2019 UY points that were already put into the 2020 UY, then no, they can not be banked a 2nd time.

If they are 2020 UY points, then yes, since No 2020 UY is beyond banking deadline.

What is your UY? That will help you know the exact status of the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!