• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bought airline tickets! ! !

Piper

DIS Veteran
I am really committed to doing this trip solo. I just bought my airline tickets--Continental--non-stop from Houston. I was able to get great travel times--leaving at 7:40 am (I can't sleep the night before anyway, so why not go ahead and leave!) I'll return at 2:40 p.m. I figure that will give me time to sleep late, pack and eat a late brunch before going to the airport.

The non-stop part is the best though. It is so difficult to make connections in those huge airports when walking is a challenge. My experiences with the "courtesy carts" haven't been hte best either.

So now I have my room reserved, paid the deposit, bought airline tickets, and I'm going later today to AAA to get 5 day park hopper for $225

Then I just have to finish paying for the room, reserve my ecv, and save some money so that I can eat while I'm there! ! !

Good for you! You are one step closer! Isn't it exciting?

That reminds me, I need to book my Tiffany Town Car for my trip next month.

Congrats Piper! I just booked my solo trip last week - once you buy the air tix there's no turning back (especially the non-refundable tix)! I have to take an evening flight out of IAH (have to leave after work) so I'll be arriving at MCO at @ 10:30 at night. I'm a little nervous about that, but I think I'll be okay. My flight back leaves at 6:00 (I wanted the 7:00 flight, DH was insistent upon the 6:00) in the evening - good times to fly because they are cheaper!
I still haven't decided on transportation to and from the resort - depends on if someone wants to share a ride (even just the return ride to MCO). Good luck with your plans!
-MrsAPalm

It's so exciting, isn't it, once you book that airfare?

Have you checked out our DISabilities board for info on renting that ecv, they have some great ideas and advice there.

Are you flying out of Bush or Hobby?

MrsAPalm--Let us know how it goes. BTW--Waaay back there, I had a scout leader named Anna Palm--any relation?

Nativetxn-I'm flying out of Bush--I live a block or two from the tollway and can zip right there--especially at 5 in the morning! I am thinking that I might stay at the Starwood affiliate at the airport--was quoted an $83 price--need to check and see if I can leave my car there--Of course I may be able to get my sister to take me to the airport--don't know how she would feel about taking me so early though!

Piper -
Ooohh - eerily close - my first name is Andrea, and my last name is the same as a very famous Rangers baseball player.
I live right off the Beltway too - over on the West side - good thing since I work on the Beltway in Greenspoint :-)( ) - makes commuting to work in the morning very easy.
Good luck in finding a ride - when are you going?
-MrsAPalm

Talk about eerie---I am on the west side, too---Westchase District between Westheimer and Richmond

I'm going May 31-June 6

My MIL lives near beltway 8 but on the east side, Woodforest.

Okay, y'all are making me homesick again

Piper - I sent you a PM -- too scary!!:p :p
Nativetxn - Shall I send you pics of your old stomping grounds?;)
-MrsAPalm

Hey guys I'm up at Westhiemer and Dairy Ashford area.

I have never gone solo but when I take my teen and her friend I always feel like I am! LOL! I always get ditched!

I ran into a guy from GA or SC a few times back that found it difficult to get around. He goes solo once a month. Said his brother owned some property there before Walt got there so Walt gave hime a bungalo at Port Orleans as part of the price. Also said that DIS really goes out of the way to make you feel at home once he gets there. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

<embed src="http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Sounds/smalwrld.midi" hidden=true autostart=TRUE height=0 width=0></EMBED>

Originally posted by Kirk
Hey guys I'm up at Westhiemer and Dairy Ashford area.

I have never gone solo but when I take my teen and her friend I always feel like I am! LOL! I always get ditched!

<embed src="http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Sounds/smalwrld.midi" hidden=true autostart=TRUE height=0 width=0></EMBED>

Wow! you are just around the corner from me! I well remember when my kids were teens--they sometimes acted like they were hatched not born!

Howdy there fellow Houstonians! :wave:

I am another solo WDW traveler. This will be my fourth year to travel alone. I love it.

Like you, I work on Beltway 8 between Hardy Toll Rd. and Aldine Westfield behind the TransTexas Gas building.

I usually leave on the 8 am flight and return on the 8 pm flight. I have found that the later flight coming home gives me a chance to either run back to one of the parks for lunch OR spend the day casually at the Market Place.

I always take the Mears shuttle to and from, just because I don't need to worry about finding someone to share a car with.

Tell me about it, Piper! It's really scary how we all come out of the woodwork.;)
-MrsAPalm

I bought my tickets on Friday using Expedia.ca. I'm flying Continental Airlines from Calgary to Houston to Orlando. I got one of those flight & hotel packages too, to save a bit of cash. I'm staying at the Sleep Inn. Nothing fancy, but its good enough for me!! :D

Tyguy, when are you going? I'm having a blast making plans-- just booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour!:Pinkbounc

I'll be leaving Calgary on April 17th and returning April 23rd. I'm having a blast planning it out as well!! I'll be stopping in Houston for about an hour each way. I'd go for longer if I could, but I can't afford much more than a week.

Tyguy, wish you could tuck me in your pocket when you pass through Houston! Oh well, at least you can let us know about your trip and we can live vicariously! ! !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter