Bought resale first...

stevevm

Mouseketeer
In July, we bought 100 points at AKL through resale...this included 100 points banked from 2016. Very happy with this purchase and went very smooth. We are booked for a week in a 2 Bedroom in July 2018.
We decided we wanted to stay 2 more days and decided to buy 25 more points.

Well here is what I did just last night...bought 25 points OKW direct last night (already own 100 AKL-Resale).
It was $145 a point. and $104 for closing. Used my CC with 2% back about $75 in savings.
It was posted to my account today with all direct benefits activated today.

Bought are family of 4 Platinum Plus Annual passes...only $559 each...regular price of $779..savings $220/ea ($880 total)

My use year is December and my new 25 points are also...got my December 2017 points also

Got all of the benefits.

Very thankful for these boards...definitely buy Resale first and then add-on 25 direct.

I can tell you

OKW & SSR were $145/pt
Most other sold out DVC was $165/pt
And the new ones are $176/pt

Very excited...btw we added on 2 nights at Beach Club

Congrats! I love OKW. I own at BLT with 160 points, direct purchase back in '08, but always want more! Just wish I convince DH to buy more.

I could have bought resale for these 25, but by buying direct for the benefits and saved that much on my annual passes...fantastic!!

If I could go more than once per year and need a AP, it would be more worth it... but as it stands for us.. its not at this time... but I know there is talk of them raising the amount you have to purchase... not sure if there are enough benefits for us...

I'm sure this has already been hashed on these boards, so I apologize, but would you be able to get home resort advantage at OKW now with that 25 points? Can you combine your AKL and OKW points to book a stay at OKW 11 months in advance?

I'm sure this has already been hashed on these boards, so I apologize, but would you be able to get home resort advantage at OKW now with that 25 points? Can you combine your AKL and OKW points to book a stay at OKW 11 months in advance?

You can't combine them for home resort advantage. So they can use the OKW points at OKW at 11 months or combine them with the AKL points to book anywhere at 7 months with the combined points.

The 25 point add on is a winning tactic. I was like you, actually needed 25 points more. Pricing up tiny contracts showed me buying it direct was hardly any more expensive as tiny contracts go for high prices.
As an added bonus I got the blue card.
Unfortunately as I'm UK, I don't really need an annual pass, compared to UK ticket price.
However, with the discount it's only about $30 more than the UK ticket, so may buy 1 AP for the additional dining discounts as AP discount is often more than DVC.

Congratulations on your purchase. It sounds like it worked out perfectly for you. If you are looking to get the Direct purchase benifits, buying a 25 point package is a great way to do it. Again Congratulations and enjoy your new 25 points and perks. :santa:

In July, we bought 100 points at AKL through resale...this included 100 points banked from 2016. Very happy with this purchase and went very smooth. We are booked for a week in a 2 Bedroom in July 2018.
We decided we wanted to stay 2 more days and decided to buy 25 more points.

Well here is what I did just last night...bought 25 points OKW direct last night (already own 100 AKL-Resale).
It was $145 a point. and $104 for closing. Used my CC with 2% back about $75 in savings.
It was posted to my account today with all direct benefits activated today.

Bought are family of 4 Platinum Plus Annual passes...only $559 each...regular price of $779..savings $220/ea ($880 total)

My use year is December and my new 25 points are also...got my December 2017 points also

Got all of the benefits.

Very thankful for these boards...definitely buy Resale first and then add-on 25 direct.

I can tell you

OKW & SSR were $145/pt
Most other sold out DVC was $165/pt
And the new ones are $176/pt

Very excited...btw we added on 2 nights at Beach Club
Unless you have a specific plan for the OKW points, I'd call back and change it to AKV given the size of the contract you have already.

AKV was $20 more a point than OKW. Bought just to add on for perks and to add a couple nights here and there.

AKV was $20 more a point than OKW. Bought just to add on for perks and to add a couple nights here and there.
HH would have been cheaper still but AKV gives you more than OKW since you own there anyway and it will be worth that much more over time. Your choice of course but to me it doesn't make sense to buy OKW over AKV, even with the price difference, unless you have a specific plan for the OKW points.

HH would have been cheaper still but AKV gives you more than OKW since you own there anyway and it will be worth that much more over time. Your choice of course but to me it doesn't make sense to buy OKW over AKV, even with the price difference, unless you have a specific plan for the OKW points.

I completely agree. For the $500 price difference it’s totally worth it to have those extra 25 points on the same contract with the same 11 month advantage.

Especially at AKV that 11 month advantage is great with the value rooms.

I promise you you will thank us later.

Unfortunately as I'm UK, I don't really need an annual pass, compared to UK ticket price.
However, with the discount it's only about $30 more than the UK ticket, so may buy 1 AP for the additional dining discounts as AP discount is often more than DVC.

You can buy an AP and get two visits out of it, it you plan the second one just before the AP expires. The current offer is such a good one that I'm planning a trip in the second half of September 2018 and the next one in the first half of September 2019,

Last edited:
I completely agree. For the $500 price difference it’s totally worth it to have those extra 25 points on the same contract with the same 11 month advantage.

Especially at AKV that 11 month advantage is great with the value rooms.

I promise you you will thank us later.
The point that you can potentially make up that difference over time with value rooms is very valid.

I know about the 11 month window.

This year we are at AKL in July, since I bought the points, we book 2 more nights at Beach Club for this split stay.

Going forward, we like to stay at different places.

So we will mostly be booking at the 7 month window anyway.

There were rooms available at the 7 month window at AKL that we could have added but we wanted to try another resort.

Also when I bought HH was the same price but also the dues are higher there and we would never stay there.

The 25 point add on is a winning tactic. I was like you, actually needed 25 points more. Pricing up tiny contracts showed me buying it direct was hardly any more expensive as tiny contracts go for high prices.
As an added bonus I got the blue card.

Don't forget to factor in the included memory maker with the AP. That's another $200 savings over regular tickets.

Don't forget to factor in the included memory maker with the AP. That's another $200 savings over regular tickets.
The UK tickets just dropped in price today. £369 (tax included) which is $480. This is a 14 day ticket which gives you everything, memory maker, golf, waterparks etc. Probably not worth going for the pass now, I won't be going again in a year and any additional discounts probably won't add up to the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter