Boulder Ridge room updates?

tb1972

DVC since 2012
We're in a BR studio this week and haven't stayed here for a few years. The lobby is simply majestic as always, the grounds are amazing but the room is so dated and banged up. Walls have chipped paint, electrical plates creeky and not aligned with the switches, A/C is hit or miss all week and more bugs than normal (yes, it is normal for FL to have some bugs but this seems excessive). The TV is also tiny compared to other resorts.

We're disappointed but are making the most of it. We don't spend a lot of time in the room. I was under the impression these rooms were updated with the addition of Copper Ridge, but I guess I must have been wrong?

Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek are both Villas at Wilderness Lodge but are separate DVC resorts. so when is remodeled the other will not have one.

I see what you mean - the new pool was nicely done and I love the cabanas but the theme was more rock quarry.

The 2014 renovation at VWL took away a lot of the woods/national parks look. Less like Yellowstone, more like Grand Canyon.

It is a rock quarry and we now live at boulder ridge. If you want your wilderness feel, you have to buy at copper creek.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm glad you shared your experience, OP! We'll be in a studio next month. Good to know the last reno was 2014 - it'll help with expectations!

Question about the room: Are there wall hooks anywhere? I've watched a couple youtube videos but I can't tell. (I was going to start new thread for this question, but it's such a small matter that I felt a little silly!)

Question about the room: Are there wall hooks anywhere? I've watched a couple youtube videos but I can't tell. (I was going to start new thread for this question, but it's such a small matter that I felt a little silly!)
I don’t see any. Here is a link to Dave’s virtual tour of the studio - BTW my favorite way to preview DVC digs.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=TQFyqkpo78M

None- we are here now in a one bedroom. When we first got into our room, the first thing DH looked for were the hooks to put his hats and jacket!

None- we are here now in a one bedroom. When we first got into our room, the first thing DH looked for were the hooks to put his hats and jacket!
Darn! At least I won't be looking for them now. (I use hooks for everything. Too lazy for hangers and towel racks :laughing:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!