Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge - 1st Stay

ahhhshmatthew

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

My wife and I recently booked a week-long stay at BRV at Wilderness Lodge. We had no intention of staying there originally. We rented DVC points and each of our initial choices either: a) had no rooms available or b) had no current point availability. Rather than go on the wait list, after some questions and prodding, the company noted that BRV did not have a "waiting on points list" currently (along with Saratoga Springs), which insinuated BRV did have point availability. Low and behold they did and we're booked!

This sort of throws off a lot of our overall strategy, as we had felt confident we would get our original #1 choice (Boardwalk). We'll be going January 16-23, 2021 with the Festival of the Arts on. Just looking for any general tips, recommendations at or near the resort, likes/dislikes, room location preferences (we're in a Studio), etc. Want to gather information on it so we can get everything in that we should be trying! Side note: Just the wife and I on the trip, we're baby-free this go around. Thanks all!

Hallways are long, so you might prefer near elevator. There are some Bay Lake/Pool views, and some woods views.

BRV should be starting its refurbishment sometime later this year, so there is a possibility of some work being in progress or some being complete.

Bus to magic kingdom is a shorter ride and comes more frequently than boat. You can’t get anywhere else quickly and easily. If you won’t have a car, consider uber/lyft.

Get to know Mr Kirk, who works concierge (if he’s still there!). He is one of my favorite cast members - and is fabulous! We’ve always stayed BRV when at wilderness lodge and enjoy the peacefulness and little nooks and crannies to relax in.

It’s a great resort. We usually book a one-bedroom unit and prefer a lake view; the higher floors are best since the cabins block the view on the lower floors; those rooms are odd-numbered. One of the pools is easily accessible using the “back door” of the lobby, which is separate from the main hotel lobby (not nearly as grand or majestic, but still nice :flower:). Geyser Point, a casual outdoor bar/eatery is just around the bend from there. Roaring Fork is another casual eatery off the main lobby and Whispering Canyon, across from the main lobby check-in, serves all three meals and is lots of fun. We love the resort; we were there last month and are returning this summer.

To get to Epcot, you can hop a bus from WL (and it will also stop at Fort Wilderness) or take the smaller boat to the Contemporary, walk to the monorail, take the monorail from the CR to the Transportation and Ticket Center where you switch to the Epcot monorail. Neither are as quick as just walking there from the BW, but it gives you options.

I've never noticed the hallways being that long, especially once you stay at the BWV or Kidani Village (AKV). Now those are long. They are pretty much straight shots to the lobby area and the elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter