Bounce back offer I can't use!

jaycar2001

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I was hoping for some feedback or perhaps personal experience with this one.

I FINALLY received a bounce back offer via email. I would LOVE to take another trip (wouldn't we all?!) but the offer is for a time period that I simply cannot make work.

My question is this: has anyone ever gotten a repeat offer if the first one isn't used? Is there any chance I could call them up and see if they will amend the offer to a different time of the year? (very nicely of course and with little hope of it working lol)

Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Carol

Not sure what you mean by emailed bounceback offer. Bounceback offers have to be booked when you are a current on site guest & are available to any onsite guest. Emailed offers are typically PINs (personal identification number) or Unique Offer Codes. You don’t have to be onsite to book these, but they do have specific book by dates. As with all special offers, availability is limited. These emailed offers seem to have decreased lately as Disney cuts back on discounts. But yes, folks have gotten more than 1 offer over time. Some people seem to get them frequently, others not so much. No one knows why they get them or don’t. You can certainly try calling, but I don’t remember ever reading anyone say that they were able to change to dates that weren’t specifically included & still get the discount.

It’s not truly a bounceback if you get it after your trip. It’s a PIN code, and yes, you might get another one. I highly doubt they will can change the dates as the promotion is coded in their system to try and fill times when they bookings are less than what they want.

Not sure what you mean by emailed bounceback offer. Bounceback offers have to be booked when you are a current on site guest & are available to any onsite guest. Emailed offers are typically PINs (personal identification number) or Unique Offer Codes. You don’t have to be onsite to book these, but they do have specific book by dates. As with all special offers, availability is limited. These emailed offers seem to have decreased lately as Disney cuts back on discounts. But yes, folks have gotten more than 1 offer over time. Some people seem to get them frequently, others not so much. No one knows why they get them or don’t. You can certainly try calling, but I don’t remember ever reading anyone say that they were able to change to dates that weren’t specifically included & still get the discount.

I apologize. It was a Unique Offer Code. And thank you for your reply. It was very helpful!

Oddly enough, I got one emailed and another one in snail mail after our April stay. We are DVC and stayed on points, so it was weird to get them.

I've gotten 2 Pin codes in the mail in the last month and it almost makes me cry to not be able to use them! I haven't gotten one in probably years and we haven't been to DW since 2016.

I got the same one recently, good through 8/28. They must need to fill up rooms. I don't usually get these but my (adult) children do.

When we lived in NY, 8 years ago, I used to get BB offers every year. We moved to NJ and they stopped, even though we had the same email and cell phone associated with our account. I did just get one a month or so ago and TBH, it was no bargain at all. Even with the code it was very expensive, seemed to be comparable with the offers that are available to the general public.

I got the same one recently, good through 8/28. They must need to fill up rooms. I don't usually get these but my (adult) children do.
We got one as well. I haven't seen any great resort deals by using it. I think they're just trying to fill rooms and sending those out makes some people think they're getting a good deal. I didn't look at all of the dates so it's possible there's a good deal for those dates.

I received one, but I currently have a trip booked. My hubs is the one that does all the booking. So maybe that’s why I received one?

I got one via email and snail mail this month too. I haven’t had a pin code since 2010, and my last trip (stayed offsite) was in April 2017.

We went a little over a year ago and I just got my first pin code since before I booked that trip. I wish I understood how they dole out the pin codes because I'd love to have a reason to take another trip, they just need to sweeten the pot!

I got one for my mother at my email. In the past, I’ve gotten snail mail for my brother at my address.

Both times, they had been guests in my room. Go figure.

We have been going to Disney World each March for 6 or 7 years now... We are taking a year or two off from Disney. IF we are away from Disney for a year or two, would they start sending out discounted offers to try bring us back? We always save up for our vacations in advance and pay the credit card bill in full within 72 hours of arriving home. We always book a promo rate of some sort. Every rainy weekend is spent browsing the Disney website for at least an hour or two to look for future deals. Any tips from anyone on whether or not an absence from Disney would result in PIN codes being sent? We've made non-Disney vacation plans for 2020 and 2021 (But Disney will always be in our minds for a 2022 trip...) We love a money saving deal!

My last trip was in August 2017 and I've received several pin codes since, probably at least 5. One or two was through email and the rest through snail mail. Unfortunately, I didn't have a trip planned for any of those dates and didn't use them. The offers did all seem to be basically what their standard discounts are (I remember seeing 10-15% off select values, 20% off mods, 30% off deluxe a couple times). I have no idea what triggers who gets the pin codes, but I do fairly regularly price out different vacations on the website while I'm logged in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts