Bounce Back question(s)

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
I have a question regard the Bounce Back offers

We currently have a reservation with some money already put to it (August 2018 @ WL).

(1) We'll be at WDW during Jersey week would I be able to take advantage of the BB offer (whatever it may be)?

(2) If applicable would I be able to update my current reservation? or will I need to make a new reservation?

(3) If I must make a new reservation can I cancel the old one and use the funds already applied on the new reservation?

Sorry for all the questions :-) but this is the first time I'm considering the BB....our AP's expire in December and we aren't renewing so I'm looking for ways to save money for our 2018 trip.

Doug :goofy:

If your dates are not blacked out and there's room availability under the bounce back code , they'll be able to just apply the bounceback code to your existing reservation. If for whatever reason you have to make a new reservation, they'll refund you whatever you paid under canceled reservation.

To add not what ErinsMommy said: if your dates & room type are available, they will change your existing reservation to the new rate. It is just like any other time they apply a promo to an existing reservation. But with bouncebacks, the deposit is due when you book, there is no grace period for the deposit. If you change & upgrade your room or resort, you will have to pay any additional deposit due at the time you book it.

The only reason they should have to cancel & rebook is if you change from a room only to a package or vice versa. Room only requires one night's deposit, a package only requires $200 deposit. In that case, you would have to pay the new deposit at booking & the deposit on your old reservation will be refunded. I guess it is 2 different booking systems & they can't transfer the deposits between them.

Awesome news thank you both! Looks like I have some flexibility as my current reservation is a Room/Tickets/DDP resi. My hope is I can just update what I have at WL (Standard rooms can now be Theme Park view from what I hear).

We'll see what happens in 12 days :D

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter