Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

Can I make a throw-away one-night room reservation, do online check-in, but not access the room and book a bounceback?
No
, reports from those who have tried this have said it has not worked. The current reservation needs to be activated by opening the room with your band/phone in order to book the Bounceback.
Actually, I was able to book a bounceback with a throwaway room that I did online check-in for just two weeks ago. There was no question, I just gave them my reservation number, they looked it up, and I was able to book. Perhaps it depends on the castmember you get on the phone, but I had zero problems. I had a room for one night at an All Star.

Actually, I was able to book a bounceback with a throwaway room that I did online check-in for just two weeks ago. There was no question, I just gave them my reservation number, they looked it up, and I was able to book. Perhaps it depends on the castmember you get on the phone, but I had zero problems. I had a room for one night at an All Star.
Interesting! We had someone report that they were NOT able to do this. Definitely a YMMV, but I will update the FAQ to indicate it may or may not work. Thanks for reporting!

So you're saying you currently have a room...did an online check in...from home...called the WDW number and asked to book a bounce back offer for another date? Then you'll cancel the current room that you just did an online check in?

So you're saying you currently have a room...did an online check in...from home...called the WDW number and asked to book a bounce back offer for another date? Then you'll cancel the current room that you just did an online check in?
No, he's saying that he paid for his room, did online check-in from home, and on the day that he was supposed to be at WDW, he called the Bounceback line from home and they allowed him to book the Bounceback without the reservation being "activated." Previous reports indicated that if the reservation was not activated by the guest opening the door to their room, that a future stay bounceback could not be booked. At this point, we don't have enough information to know if the policy has changed, or if the PP got really, really lucky and got an uninformed CM that allowed him to book the BB without being physically onsite.

No, he's saying that he paid for his room, did online check-in from home, and on the day that he was supposed to be at WDW, he called the Bounceback line from home and they allowed him to book the Bounceback without the reservation being "activated." Previous reports indicated that if the reservation was not activated by the guest opening the door to their room, that a future stay bounceback could not be booked. At this point, we don't have enough information to know if the policy has changed, or if the PP got really, really lucky and got an uninformed CM that allowed him to book the BB without being physically onsite.
Ohhhh. I see. So even though our room is paid for now, and say I do online check in prior to arrival, likely I won’t be able to discuss bounceback until day of actual checkin...next month. ?????

Ohhhh. I see. So even though our room is paid for now, and say I do online check in prior to arrival, likely I won’t be able to discuss bounceback until day of actual checkin...next month. ?????
Correct. Guests can book a bounceback while they are currently staying at a Disney resort. Not before and not after either.

I saw that current reservations are able to be modified...but what if my reservation is through my travel agent? Can I still do it? Or would I need to make a new reservation and transfer it to her and have her cancel my current reservation? I'll be there for one night in February but have 3 nights booked for a birthday pre-cruise trip for July. If I need to make a new one and transfer it, that's cool...but I'd rather know so I don't have her pay off the one I've got right now (if that makes sense).

I saw that current reservations are able to be modified...but what if my reservation is through my travel agent? Can I still do it? Or would I need to make a new reservation and transfer it to her and have her cancel my current reservation? I'll be there for one night in February but have 3 nights booked for a birthday pre-cruise trip for July. If I need to make a new one and transfer it, that's cool...but I'd rather know so I don't have her pay off the one I've got right now (if that makes sense).
No reason to pay anything on your reservation until your current one is due. I would not make any payments until after your Feb trip.

I would like to know if a TA would be able to call the BB line while their guest is onsite and make a reservation on behalf of their client to a BB. It seems to me, this would be the best solution, but I have not yet heard from anyone trying to do this. If the BB line cannot deal directly with the TA, then you would need to call, and it is very possible they won't be able to simply change your current July reservation since a TA "owns" it. In that case, you would need to make a second reservation and transfer it to your TA and have your TA cancel your previous one. Have you asked your TA if they are able to call the BB line and make reservations on behalf of onsite clients?

No reason to pay anything on your reservation until your current one is due. I would not make any payments until after your Feb trip.

I would like to know if a TA would be able to call the BB line while their guest is onsite and make a reservation on behalf of their client to a BB. It seems to me, this would be the best solution, but I have not yet heard from anyone trying to do this. If the BB line cannot deal directly with the TA, then you would need to call, and it is very possible they won't be able to simply change your current July reservation since a TA "owns" it. In that case, you would need to make a second reservation and transfer it to your TA and have your TA cancel your previous one. Have you asked your TA if they are able to call the BB line and make reservations on behalf of onsite clients?

I have not. It did not occur to me until I saw this thread that a mid-summer date might be eligible for a bounceback.

I have not. It did not occur to me until I saw this thread that a mid-summer date might be eligible for a bounceback.
Yes, summer has the largest stretch of eligible dates! We're going in March-April and I am now thinking that we may do a short, weekend getaway during the summer.

Yes, summer has the largest stretch of eligible dates! We're going in March-April and I am now thinking that we may do a short, weekend getaway during the summer.

Yes, I see that now. I'd incorrectly assumed that with summer being reported to be a busy time, there wouldn't be as many discounts. I'm back at the end of September, but only 2 nights of the 4 I'd be there would be eligible. :( (9/27-10/1 with only the 27th and 28th falling in the BB period.)

Yes, I see that now. I'd incorrectly assumed that with summer being reported to be a busy time, there wouldn't be as many discounts. I'm back at the end of September, but only 2 nights of the 4 I'd be there would be eligible. :( (9/27-10/1 with only the 27th and 28th falling in the BB period.)
August is the new end of January/early February.

Darn! I wish I knew about this offer while I was at Wilderness Lodge last week. DW and I have a trip planned for June 2019 at Boardwalk.

Follow up question. I already have a reservation for a stay in December 2019. Our first two days ended up being outside the current Bounceback offer. What I did this morning is I added two days to the end of our stay, putting the desired one week trip within the bounceback dates. My plan of course is to try to book a bounceback when we get there next month, dropping the two days that are outside the offer. I didn't have to cough up any more money. My question is this....hoping that there is availability, when I dial 8844 from room phone will they be able to apply the BB offer to the current reservation, (dropping the first two days), or will I have to make an entirely new reservation, with a $200.00 deposit?

Follow up question. I already have a reservation for a stay in December 2019. Our first two days ended up being outside the current Bounceback offer. What I did this morning is I added two days to the end of our stay, putting the desired one week trip within the bounceback dates. My plan of course is to try to book a bounceback when we get there next month, dropping the two days that are outside the offer. I didn't have to cough up any more money. My question is this....hoping that there is availability, when I dial 8844 from room phone will they be able to apply the BB offer to the current reservation, (dropping the first two days), or will I have to make an entirely new reservation, with a $200.00 deposit?

They should be able to modify your current reservation. Do you have a package or room only reservation? The deposit on a package is $200, but for a room only reservation the deposit is one night’s rate. If they modify your current reservation, the deposit will stay. If they have to rebook a new reservation, they will refund that deposit & you will need to pay the new one.

They should be able to modify your current reservation. Do you have a package or room only reservation? The deposit on a package is $200, but for a room only reservation the deposit is one night’s rate. If they modify your current reservation, the deposit will stay. If they have to rebook a new reservation, they will refund that deposit & you will need to pay the new one.
Thank you! It is a room only reservation so hopefully they can just modify v.s. new! That'll be the first thing I do when we arrive...maybe even before finding a cold beer:).

Yes, your TA can book the BB for you as long as he/she does it while you are on site. I've done this several times.

Yes, your TA can book the BB for you as long as he/she does it while you are on site. I've done this several times.
Excellent! That sounds the easiest way. @lhall7 and @Dug720 - you may ask your TA to inquire about the Bounceback offer while you are onsite and if it's better than your current offer have them switch to the BB for you.

Excellent! That sounds the easiest way. @lhall7 and @Dug720 - you may ask your TA to inquire about the Bounceback offer while you are onsite and if it's better than your current offer have them switch to the BB for you.

Awesome!! Thank you so much @vinotinto and @tinka-belle !! I am only there for one night on a Saturday, but maybe with notice my TA can call and check for me.

(Or worst-case, if it's better than what I have, I'll book it and have her cancel my other one and transfer the new one to her.)

If you are there for one night that your TA booked for you, then when you call the BB line just ask that the same TA be on the new reservation too.

If you booked the one night on your own release the new reservation to your TA within 30 days of booking. There is a form for the TA to fill out and for you to sign, though I assume you can give your TA permission to sign for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!