Bradley airport- park, sleep, fly....

It is bc DH is a teacher and we are flying the Saturday of April school vacation - it's always insanely higher priced than other weeks. It's even much cheaper if you can fly out a day or 2 earlier, but in his school, the teachers can not take a personal day before a vacation without jumping through a million hoops.

I just looked- Sheraton and parking is 285 with taxes. I'm going to stick with the Hilton at 150 and hope I don't regret it.
I'm sure you'll be fine.Bradley is an easy in/out kind of place- the area around the airport is wide open and easy travelling anyway- all the hotels and carparks are pretty accessible,I'm just lazy and I prefer not to take a shuttle if possible! If it means anything,the TSA security people are usually pretty nice here too.....

It is bc DH is a teacher and we are flying the Saturday of April school vacation - it's always insanely higher priced than other weeks. It's even much cheaper if you can fly out a day or 2 earlier, but in his school, the teachers can not take a personal day before a vacation without jumping through a million hoops.

I just looked- Sheraton and parking is 285 with taxes. I'm going to stick with the Hilton at 150 and hope I don't regret it.

We are flying April vacation too. I am able to take my kids out of school the Friday before (1/2 day) and prices are still crazy! I paid about $525 RT. I said if we ever have to pay that much we will drive but the one time we drove we said never again. We got to Ft. Myers so there is an extra 4 hr drive past Disney.

You will be fine at the Hilton. It is just one night. There are plenty of places to eat as well.

We park in the garage and I cringe every time we pay. But then I am also glad since we are at the car in minutes.

And FYI, my sister flew out yesterday and was stopped at security, her bags were searched she was searched all because of her Stop and Shop protein bar! She had to open it for them. I would of been pissed if I brought pre packaged food for the week and they made me open all so it would just get stale.

That seems strange to be searched because of a protein bar. I was planning on bringing some protein/granola bars on my carry on. Guess I might want to rethink it

We are hearing more and more reports of the TSA checking all food products in carry on bags! Some people are getting by without having to pull it out, but others have had all their food products removed and scanned. Some have even reported having their Disney Halloween party candy scanned, or wiped down.

We are in the same situation. Both my DH and I are teachers. My husband gets home first so he has everything downstairs for when I get home with DD. Luckily I teach in the town we live in. Pack the car, hit the bathroom, wish the cat a glorious vacation at home, and off we go. If we can get to Hartford before 5 we are good.

We are in the same situation. Both my DH and I are teachers. My husband gets home first so he has everything downstairs for when I get home with DD. Luckily I teach in the town we live in. Pack the car, hit the bathroom, wish the cat a glorious vacation at home, and off we go. If we can get to Hartford before 5 we are good.

That's what we are planning to do too. I'm off on Fridays so he will just hustle home (he works a town over) and he should be here right as the kids get off the bus. Then we will head to Hartford and get dinner there, chill in hotel, etc. Flight is at 830 Sat am.

That's what we are planning to do too. I'm off on Fridays so he will just hustle home (he works a town over) and he should be here right as the kids get off the bus. Then we will head to Hartford and get dinner there, chill in hotel, etc. Flight is at 830 Sat am.

7:55 AM for us. We will see each other at security!

7:55 AM for us. We will see each other at security!

That's funny!! We'll be there!!
We are flying to Tampa not MCO bc most of the week we will be chilling on the beaches down in the Clearwater area. We only have 2 days at Disney to do our MK favs and ti go see the Pandora stuff at AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter