Braiding hair in WDW?

Fantasmic303

DIS Veteran
Hello, everyone!!

We'll be in WDW (and other Orlando parks) in late October, and there are dozens of things on my "must-do" list. My sister, however, has been talking about just one thing since our last trip - she wants to get her hair braided, Caribbean style. I know there are several "hairwrap" stations throughout the World, but what she really wants is the island braids that they put beads on. We saw a lot of people with them on our way home in March, and she's hoping to find out where they got them done.

Does anyone know where in Disney (or elsewhere in Orlando) they do these braids, and, if so, have YOU (or your kids) gotten them?

(Mods, I'd like to post this at the Sea World and Universal boards as well, if that's alright...if not, please feel free to close the threads over there!!)

DD had one done at the WL pool when we were there last June. When we were there in February I don't think the kiosk was open. I remember seeing them all over the place so you probably won't have a problem finding a place to have it done. It's pretty expensive. I think it was $3 /inch plus the price of the beads. If you have long hair that can really add up. It lasts a long time, though. DD's lasted about a month after we got home.

Find a local salon that does braids! It is MUCH less expensive! I am having it done before I leave and it will cost $25.00 (compared to resort prices of $50.00 and up!) You have the fun look (and cooler too! I love the feel of a breeze running down the parts!) without the cost and loss of vacation time.
(I recommend a salon that specializes in African-American hair - I get the best braids there and they seem to stay in longer too)

but MORE IMPORTANTLY....

REMEMBER TO PUT SUNBLOCK ON
ALL THE PARTS EVERY DAY!!!!!

(I like the baby sunblock that is a spray - coppertone maybe? comes in a pink bottle) Sunburned scalp is HORRIBLE!!!

Have fun!

Edited to add the image of the sunblock I use...
(it also comes in a stick form - that would be easy to use on hair parts too - and less likely to leak in route!)
spray_product.gif

When we where at the Beach Club Villas last April my neice wanted her hair wrapped...The girl who did the wrap wasn't on duty...We went to the hair salon between YC and BC where they did the braids they were really cute but the price was a little high also you will need an appt...(about a three hour wait without one)

I think I recall seeing a stand at Downtown Disney and at Polynesian last July, but you might want to double check that.

Good luck :)

My sister had a braid done for her hair in the Animal Kingdom. We were there in 2000.

Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter