Breakfast at WDW. Is it just me or is this an afterthought.

After reading these many messages on this particular post, I was surprised that no one made the suggestion of eating a very late buffet breakfast that rolls into lunch. I have found great success the past few times (including our pending trip) scheduling one of the very last breakfast meals at Crystal Palace and Tusker House. We are headed to those parks on Early Magic Hours and will have almost four hours in the park before we eat our breakfast/lunch. After the meal, my family (wife and myself and two daughters-17 and 15) can either continue to stay at the park or go off to to another park/hotel/activity of her/his choice. I am fully aware that early admission days become chaotic throughout the day, but we get the benefit of the extra hour and try to do as much as we can for almost four hours prior to our meal. I can often grab a Fast Pass just before our meal so we can ride one more ride before leaving the park. You may want to consider this option and it takes care of our meals for the day. I have already decided that for dinner we will just eat quick service meals.

Dave Crissman

Had breakfast at food courts at several of the resorts that was decent and didn't break the bank, had breakfast a few times at Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavillion in Epcot that was very good and not expensive.

I usually have a Quest bar, while my wife and kids typically get a bagel or egg sandwich from the resort QS. We've done Tusker House and Cape May Cafe, but generally the morning hours are when we get most of our park time done. Personally, I wouldn't trade beating the crowds for a sit-down breakfast.

I've noticed the lack of sit down breakfast options in WDW parks as well. At Disneyland, we love to rope drop, then about 10:30 we have a leisurely breakfast at the Carnation Cafe. The crowds are starting to roll in, so it gives us a chance to recharge.

We always do a piece of fruit or a lara bar on our way to the buses/boat. Rope drop the parks and then eat a TS meal for lunch/late brunch around 10:30/11.

DH and I love a good breakfast on weekends so while on vacation we make sure to have a nice one every morning. Our only issue with Disney breakfasts are the eggs. Most places serve scrambled eggs and we find them runny and undercooked for our taste. We love breakfast buffets that have the omelette station, and have not yet found a restaurant where we can get eggs over easy.

Out of curiosity, what is a full American Breakfast?
A hot meal served with at least one meat: ham, sausages, and or bacon. Also eggs, and some form of starch such as home fried potatoes, hash browns, french fries or grits. Oh and often toast is included. Coffee and juice. Might include pancakes, French toast, or waffles.
Often possible to find omelets on the menu.

A hot meal served with at least one meat: ham, sausages, and or bacon. Also eggs, and some form of starch such as home fried potatoes, hash browns, french fries or grits. Oh and often toast is included. Coffee and juice. Might include pancakes, French toast, or waffles.

Thanks for clearing it up. I thought it was something I’ve never heard of before.

Yes versus a Continental Breakfast, coffee, tea, juice and a selection of baked goods and toast and versus a full French breakfast, coffee, a croissant and a cigarette. :rotfl2:(full adds the croissant)

Truth? We eat breakfast in the hotel room! We get cereal and milk and microwave bacon and I bring my microwave omelette maker! Well worth the small effort and that way we still have all our snacks for use later in the day! Microwave eggs and bacon are quick and inexpensive!

Well? Just us. DW and I LOVE a great Breakfast, every day :)
Then? We skip lunch. Just a Coke in the Parks. Evening? Always a REAL SIG. No park food - we dine at the Resorts.

Favorite Breakfast location? Whispering Canyon, Wilderness Lodge. We are pushing 200+ visits :).

If we are going to MK we will either eat a QS breakfast if staying at a value or mod or eat at Fresh Med. Market if staying at Dolphin. If we are going to Epcot, we like to eat at the QS in France, it opens at 9. If going to AK, we just go to the little coffee stand right outside of Safari - we get a breakfast burrito. If going to HS we usually just grab a pastry at the Jeoffrys cart outside of ToT.

The food courts at the resorts sell bread for like 99 cents. You can grab PB or Jam from the condiments area. there is a toaster there.
I believe some of the resorts have to pay for the peanut butter. I'm trying to find out the cost at Pop and AOA if anyone knows.

Trying to find a "real" breakfast for a decent price isn't going to happen at WDW.

We usually pick up an assortment of fruit, donuts, yogurt and I get a few premier protein shakes from publix when we arrive in town. Eat in the room and then usually find a snack in the park, cinnamon roll ect. or just eat an early lunch.

For me if I'm "sitting down"to breakfast I'm having an experience and I don't have that kind of time in the AM usually, not to mention how hard it is to eat and make it in to the parks at a reasonable time.

Breakfast wise on property, most of the resort cafeterias are mcdonalds like in their offerings, so we usually skip them. It's not worth the time, effort or cost IMO.

That said, occasionally we do eat at the TS places, 1900 park fare, while spendy is fantastic for breakfast. Great quality and IMO the best on property. We've had great meals for breakfast at the Wave but it's been 3 years since we last ate there, the menu changed twice and I have no idea what they are up to now.

We did breakfast around New Years at the FW place, name slips my mind, buffet breakfast. It was disgusting, the first time in all my Disney trips I not only complained about the food, including raw bacon (yes, and entire tray of RAW bacon, it was unreal) but also asked for compensation. We wound up getting 60% off our check and I still think that wasn't enough. The juice was about the only thing we enjoyed. We went there on the recommendation of several folks, including my parents who only RV. Maybe everyone who worked there normally was on vacation? FWIW we did the fried chicken meal carry out from there a night or two before and it was really good.

What’s a “real” breakfast to you?

For a buffet breakfast (brunch, really, for me) I love The Wave at Contemporary.

I love the buffet at the Wave and think it is pretty reasonable (for WDW). I will get a bounty platter at the resort QS or some Mickey waffles & bacon. (Bacon is the first word in my definition of "real breakfast").

It is true that WDW costs a lot more than my fave local breakfast spot at home, but those are the conditions that prevail.

We picked something from the following options: the park's Starbucks location (Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom, Creature Comforts in Animal Kingdom, Fountain View in Epcot or Trolley Cart Cafe in Hollywood Studios), our resort's food court or a quick service option in the parks when a good one was available (Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom is the best in my opinion, Sa'tuli Canteen used to have one but it was discontinued) or a table service breakfast in one of the deluxe resorts (not what you're asking for but just in case, Kona is exceptional for a la carte and Boma is a great buffet).

Which snack credits keep well overnight and would be good for breakfast?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter