Breakfast ending at Be Our Guest, restaurant to become table service only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, $62 is too much. That's more than the buffets which offer so much more. We've had dinner at BOG twice. It was ok, but the portions were pretty small. We were going to do BOG lunch this year but now it looks like we'll be doing the old standbys... Harbor House or Pecos Bills.

Wow, $62 is too much. That's more than the buffets which offer so much more. We've had dinner at BOG twice. It was ok, but the portions were pretty small. We were going to do BOG lunch this year but now it looks like we'll be doing the old standbys... Harbor House or Pecos Bills.
Harbor House is not currently open.....

Looks like be our guest is the only restaurant in magic kingdom that you can get same day reservations. If they flip it to quick service for breakfast and lunch they prob would have more revenue coming

I just booked lunch for our October trip in the hopes it would change from the $62 price fix. If it doesn’t, I’ll sadly be cancelling.

I just booked lunch for our October trip in the hopes it would change from the $62 price fix. If it doesn’t, I’ll sadly be cancelling.
I would cancel. With Disney shortening park hours and social distancing tables, they're going to keep the $62/person table service to make money and only have one menu to prep.

Honestly think this is the most overrated restaurant in WDW.....Definatley not a 2 credit restaurant..... The breakfast was a nice option

I just found out that they broke BOG lunch. :sad:Traveling in September and was so happy to get a BOG reservation for lunch on our MK day. It was one of my favorite QS lunches, beautiful atmosphere and good food, especially the grey-stuff cupcake 😋. I was wondering why I could not pre-order online like I usually do only to find out that they switched from QS to prix fixe. $62? Really?!? Canceled that reservation real quick...
So, does anyone know of any other place to get the grey stuff cupcake that doesn't even seem to exist anymore?
ETA: Looks like the grey stuff cupcake is now available at Gaston's although the price went up...

Last edited:
$62? Really?!? Canceled that reservation real quick...
So, does anyone know of any other place to get the grey stuff cupcake that doesn't even seem to exist anymore?
It's $62 because you're getting dinner entrees & portions (including apps, drinks & dessert), and the Beast is there. It's the exact same experience as the pre-fixe dinner, but at lunch time. We had "lunch" (though it was really a dinner) there in July and it was a good meal, and nice to see the Beast.

Last edited:
It's $62 because you're getting dinner entrees & portions (including apps, drinks & dessert), and the Beast is there. It's basically the pre-fixe dinner, but at lunch time. We had "lunch" (though it was really a dinner) there in July and it was a good meal, and nice to see the Beast.

We had dinner there last week as the park closed and it was amazing. The meal was perfectly cooked and the service was great. Our favorite part was the castle pictures we got at 8:30 with no one around and the park lit up.

We're also disappointed about this news. We ate lunch there on our last several visits and enjoyed the croque monsieur, turkey sandwich, french dip sandwich, etc. And of course the grey stuff cupcake!

The dinner menu (and price) just doesn't have any appeal to us. An occasional appearance by the Beast wasn't enough of a draw in the past for us to go for dinner and now it's unlikely we'll ever eat there again.

Seems to be booking nicely for lunch and dinner with the pre-fixe. It is difficult to get a reservation for some blocks of days. I lucked into one for our next trip.

I was in LOVE with their herb butter steak and fries with garlic aoili. They took it away. I took one look at the dinner menu and knew that theres no way I could even warrant using credits there for my family as so much of what they had was above our level of "adventurous"...at least for my kids. Anyways, so my kiddos are bugging to go back to beasts castle and I figured on doing lunch since it was a much more friendly menu and now thats not an option. This is so sad! Not everybody wants to eat like they are on a food network documentary. You can keep you freshly cut octopus leg and just give us a few simple options....haha!

I am so heartbroken that they have done away with the lunch! We just booked a last minute trip because of the low crowds and cheap airfare. We were so looking forward to eating there on our MK day! It was nice to have a CS meal that did not feel like a CS meal, if you know what I mean. TS meals for lunch are definitely not for us!

We booked the table service for lunch in October. I honestly don’t think 62 is too bad for all that you get, and looking forward to not being packed in there like sardines. I would prefer dinner, but now we have so many restaurants we want to try at DS for dinners. We were normally park opening to close people, but with the parks closing early we plan on going to DS every evening now.

You can get the Grey Stuff cupcake at Gaston's now.
We booked the table service for lunch in October. I honestly don’t think 62 is too bad for all that you get, and looking forward to not being packed in there like sardines. I would prefer dinner, but now we have so many restaurants we want to try at DS for dinners. We were normally park opening to close people, but with the parks closing early we plan on going to DS every evening now.
We've booked for Oct, too for a late lunch/early dinner like we do at home. The price isn't bad for the food you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter