Breakfast In the Dining Rooms

lindsay0526

Mouseketeer
My husband does not like crowds, which is unfortunate since I love taking the girls to Disney and now we are signed up for a cruise... Anyways, I am a little concerned about everyone trying to eat at Cabanas in the morning (lots of people) and thought that maybe the dining room might be more enjoyable (and less crowded). Also, about how long would breakfast take- 45 minutes? Thanks!!

We really enjoy having breakfast and lunch in the dining room, so much more relaxed. I think if you were in a rush you could be in and out in 30 minutes but we always take our time and linger over coffee, so for us breakfast is about an hour.

Your hubby will appreciate a cruise as it doesn't feel as crowded as the parks except maybe in the atrium in the evening between the 2 meal times.

Enjoy your cruise

My husband does not like crowds, which is unfortunate since I love taking the girls to Disney and now we are signed up for a cruise... Anyways, I am a little concerned about everyone trying to eat at Cabanas in the morning (lots of people) and thought that maybe the dining room might be more enjoyable (and less crowded). Also, about how long would breakfast take- 45 minutes? Thanks!!
Breakfast in the MDRs is great. We've also taken food from Cabanas to our stateroom and enjoyed that.

While my last cruise was not on Disney, it was the first cruise where tried to avoid eating at the buffet simply because it can be a madhouse. Incredibly relaxing, allowed us to chill and enjoy our coffee (or in DCL’s case, it will be “coffee”).

I don’t mind the crowds as much at lunch, to be honest, but breakfast is very much the same old, same old and it’s not worth weaving around everyone to get your eggs and breakfast meat. Still, I think I’m sticking to the “avoid the buffet” plan from here on out.

Another relaxing/no crowd option to consider is ordering room service. It is only things like cereal, toast, muffins, but it is pretty awesome not having to leave your room and enjoy a leisurely breakfast (in your pjs!!) to get your day going. Depending on which stateroom type you’re in, you can enjoy on your verandah or in front of the window and watch as you dock in port, or just enjoy the sounds/view of the ocean.

Last edited:

We recently got off a 7-day DCL cruise and never went to Cabanas once. Hate the crowds, not being able to find a table and running around for everything you need in different places. The dining room food is always fresh with excellent service. We think the dining room lunches are actually better than the dinners since they are cooking for so many fewer people.

When a person does a MDR breakfast, is there only one dining room or are all three available for use?

On our January 7n cruise we tried the dining room on embarkation day... loved the relaxing start to the cruise.
Also went to the MDR a few times for breakfast. Loved it as opposed to Cabanas. Maybe if you get to Cabanas when it opens it’s ok. Otherwise I just get frustrated running around and weaving in and out of “traffic”.

On our January 7n cruise we tried the dining room on embarkation day... loved the relaxing start to the cruise.
Also went to the MDR a few times for breakfast. Loved it as opposed to Cabanas. Maybe if you get to Cabanas when it opens it’s ok. Otherwise I just get frustrated running around and weaving in and out of “traffic”.

This. This. This. You have a boat full of kids (mine included) hopped up on the excitement of the trip. I think we will do a dining room versus Cabanas, especially if we get an early embarkation time. We will arrive the night before, so I am hoping that we will be on board by 1.:o:cool1:

On our last 7 day cruise on the Fantasy in August, we also made a concerted effort to skip Cabanas. We don't mind the food there, but weren't fans of the crowds. We also didn't think we wanted all that food. . . We ordered room service for breakfast every day, except the day of the character breakfast and the last morning. We ate lunch in the MDR everyday. We didn't miss Cabanas at all really enjoyed the relaxing mornings with kids in PJs and slower paced lunches.

On our first cruise (3 day Magic) had lines and difficulty finding a table at Cabanas. On our 2nd cruise (7 day Fantasy) never had a problem with lines and always found a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!