Breakfast In the Dining Rooms

Hopefully with less kids on the WBPC Cruise it should be less of a crowd at Cabanas.

I think at most. These cruises would have 300 or so kids. Maybe more adults go to the MDR?

Do you need to tip your waiter for breakfast and lunch since its probably not the same staff you have during dinner?
No, you don't. Your regular tips cover it--your dinner staff also works breakfast/lunch--but could be anywhere--Cabanas, MDR, etc. The theory is that everyone has tipped at least the standard amount, so the staff will be covered, no matter who you had for other meals. I did add a note to the comment card praising one of the wait staff we had at the character breakfast--he was great with our seasick daughter and even recognized us the following day in Cabanas, asking how she was feeling. So if you have someone that goes above and beyond what you expect, be sure to write their name on the comment card--that is supposed to be really helpful for waitstaff--possibly leading to time off, promotions, etc.

We did breakfast in the MDR on our excursion days. It's just too hectic to find a table in Cabanas midst everyone else with similar plans. It was great, if a littl slower, since you are being served, but not horribly slower. Also, the coffee is much better in the MDR than upstairs.

I have to wonder if there are peak times. We never had crowds, but we rarely were there before 10 am.

Sorry to ask my question on this thread but it seems appropriate - do they have Weetabix on the breakfast menus? I have two picky eaters and I need to know whether I should carry it.

Sorry to ask my question on this thread but it seems appropriate - do they have Weetabix on the breakfast menus? I have two picky eaters and I need to know whether I should carry it.
Have you been able to find it in the menus online? I have no idea what that is. Perhaps you should call DCL sounds like it could be a hard to get specialty item and see how to get it on board.

Last edited:
You might need to bring some with you if that's all they'll eat. This can be a great time to experiment and try new things though. Maybe in a different environment from what they're used to you can cajole them into into it.

I googled the brand name. I don't recall every seeing that brand on the ships. Maybe they would on European cruises since it's a brand over there but not likely on US based cruises.

No shredded wheat at all.

Lunch at cabanas is far worse than breakfast. Breakfast on sea days is more extended.

Also, do the MDR for lunch on embark.

You might need to bring some with you if that's all they'll eat. This can be a great time to experiment and try new things though. Maybe in a different environment from what they're used to you can cajole them into into it.

Yeah. Bottom line is there is simply no way they can stock every single possible variation on foods just in case someone on board will "only eat this brand". And especially for a preference/picky thing they do not want to set a precedent for providing it in case vendors change and they are later unable to. The thing worse than "We do not carry that on board" is having to say "Ok, we did in the past, but we cannot any longer".

If a particular brand of cereal is truly the "only" thing they will eat, I'd have them packing unopened boxes in THEIR luggage. Not mine - THEIRS.

It's basically a brand of shredded wheat.
Well if it’s dry cereal that could come on as a factory sealed item. And I agree with MelSpees that this could be an opportunity for Ntoes. My daughter was an incredibly fussy eater at age 11 and it was through Disney Cruise that we were able to expand her pallet(by her choice) and now why she likes to go on Disney Cruise just so that she can eat. And I would never have believed that of my child prior to her first Disney cruise. I gave my daughter all the control in the situation it was totally up to her which made her feel empowered by being able to make her own choices. In the MDR‘s since you have two children perhaps you could select two different plates, divide each of those plates in half so that they went equally to both children. The important thing here is have them smell each one of the items on the plate. After that ask them to say the most positive thing about each item. (Color is pretty red or yellow, shiny, smells like butter, looks like trees was my daughters comment on broccoli at a younger age) The beauty of it is nobody makes it better than Disney anyways and secondly you’re not paying for plates upon plates of food for this taste test. I never forced her to eat any of them but after smelling them a couple of times she was more willing to try them.
Not that you don’t already have a good method quite possibly and most likely better than mine anyway.

Last edited:
I googled the brand name. I don't recall every seeing that brand on the ships. Maybe they would on European cruises since it's a brand over there but not likely on US based cruises.
Thanks. I always get it in Publix in Orlando so maybe I will just grab a box before the cruise

Thanks! I will def use the opportunity to encourage them to try more and new dishes.
Dog gone it I hit the send button too fast I’m still editing this.
Well if it’s dry cereal that could come on as a factory sealed item. And I agree with MelSpees that this could be an opportunity for Ntoes. My daughter was an incredibly fussy eater at age 11 and it was through Disney Cruise that we were able to expand her pallet(by her choice) and now why she likes to go on Disney Cruise just so that she can eat. And I would never have believed that of my child prior to her first Disney cruise. I gave my daughter all the control in the situation it was totally up to her which made her feel empowered by being able to make her own choices. In the MDR‘s since you have two children perhaps you could select two different plates, divide each of those plates in half so that they went equally to both children. The important thing here is have them smell each one of the items on the plate. After that ask them to say the most positive thing about each item. (Color is pretty red or yellow, shiny, smells like butter, looks like trees was my daughters comment on broccoli at a younger age) The beauty of it is nobody makes it better than Disney anyways and secondly you’re not paying for plates upon plates of food for this taste test. I never forced her to eat any of them but after smelling them a couple of times she was more willing to try them.
Not that you don’t already have a good method quite possibly and most likely better than mine anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!