Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

It is not discrimination in which someone/entity can be sued. It is not one of the "classes" of anti-discrimination in which a person launch a lawsuit.

As a Florida resident, at this point I think the EO is pretty much a joke. Trying to figure out why DeSantis doesn't lift the EO. Remember he is the guy that did not acknowledge Florida recevied Remvid (or whatever that medicine is called that helps on Covid cases) from guess where? Yep from New York state.
I know it’s not technically discrimination. It sure feels like it though.

Got the same answer to my email

Okay I have to ask then what was your initial question to them in the email? I'm just trying to figure out why they would give me a complete opposite response. In my email I directly asked if my residence is in NJ and I fly out of PA would it fall under the EO quarantine - and was told yes it goes by residence. o_O

I was in chat pop up on WDW site just to see what kind of answer I would get. I asked regarding the quarantine orders what kind of proof do I need to show at check in once I arrive on property. This was the reply:

Upon arrival at your Disney Resort hotel, you may be requested to provide a valid form of photo identification. Valid forms of identification include driver's license, government-issued passport, government-issued photo ID or active military ID. Resort will probably ask the travel dates and other questions that prove you have already quarantined.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I was in chat pop up on WDW site just to see what kind of answer I would get. I asked regarding the quarantine orders what kind of proof do I need to show at check in once I arrive on property. This was the reply:

Upon arrival at your Disney Resort hotel, you may be requested to provide a valid form of photo identification. Valid forms of identification include driver's license, government-issued passport, government-issued photo ID or active military ID. Resort will probably ask the travel dates and other questions that prove you have already quarantined.

Don't physically check in at the desk, try to use the APP instead?

Also I just wanted to clarify on the EO wording, point of departure sounds like could be related to flight, but technically it only suggests what origin did you depart your trip from. Unless you can prove you stayed elsewhere between leaving your home and traveling to FL, point of departure is the primary home address used for your ID.

The whole matter is questionable. Smells bad, looks like peacocking. I hardly think the FL Gov holds the Tri-State's interests over his own, so while he might be doing the area a favor I doubt it was ever his intention. Just made things harder than they need to be, on par for him in 2020.

Yup it's unbelievable, everyone gets a different answer :crazy::rotfl2:
Once, when I had more time I called Comcast 6 x about a legitimate question regarding my cable. Each time I recorded the answer on paper and each answer was totally different. LOL.
What a shame though, because this entity is in charge of public health!! Big difference between laws and protocol regarding a Pandemic and a question about a residential cable TV account.

https://www.news4jax.com/health/2020/07/20/floridas-covid-19-checkpoint-on-i-95-finally-closed/
in case no one seen this posted in one of the other threads. it's being reported that it is officially closed and now this as well:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...-tri-state-flights-for-quarantine/ar-BB16Y9Zi
I kind of knew already about the incoming flights because I did read back a few weeks ago they had stopped giving people forms to fill out but anyway....

something is happening....but i really don't want to get my hopes up, been through this too much the last few weeks :P

I checked in last Monday and was not asked for ID or anything. I was not given a form at the airport, either.

https://www.news4jax.com/health/2020/07/20/floridas-covid-19-checkpoint-on-i-95-finally-closed/
in case no one seen this posted in one of the other threads. it's being reported that it is officially closed and now this as well:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...-tri-state-flights-for-quarantine/ar-BB16Y9Zi
I kind of knew already about the incoming flights because I did read back a few weeks ago they had stopped giving people forms to fill out but anyway....

something is happening....but i really don't want to get my hopes up, been through this too much the last few weeks :P
Yes I think something is finally happening.

Interesting new developments. Thank you.

Still waiting a few more weeks before we decide if our October trip is a go

MID Aug here coming from Buffalo NY, not the TRI-State area..... I know they are classifying the entire state as part of the Tri-State Area. I'm still planning on going, taking extra precautions, checking in on the app. I need this vacation, and I'm ok with quarantine for 2 weeks when I get back. I can work from home, so extra time to enjoy.

MID Aug here coming from Buffalo NY, not the TRI-State area..... I know they are classifying the entire state as part of the Tri-State Area. I'm still planning on going, taking extra precautions, checking in on the app. I need this vacation, and I'm ok with quarantine for 2 weeks when I get back. I can work from home, so extra time to enjoy.
I’m from Buffalo too , our trip is mid September. Planning on going.

We were asked for ID when we were arrived at the gate for both CR & BWV, but the guards did not ask any questions about when we arrived in Florida nor asked if we had quarantined prior to arriving to Disney. My license obviously said New Jersey. Both guards let us through once they confirmed on their list we had reservations to stay. Since we did online check-in, no one in the resorts asked us any questions either.

So looks like Florida is now turning a blind eye to their quarantine. What are thoughts/plans regarding return quarantine? I am back in my office so 14 days upon return is not possible.

Something for Gov deSantis to consider with his tri state quarantine (found on accuweather.com):
Daily coronavirus briefing: Florida surpasses New York state in confirmed cases

After a dramatic spike in new cases, Florida now officially has more confirmed cases of COVID-19 than New York, the previous epicenter of the virus in the U.S.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter