Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

Has anyone flown into BDL lately? I'm wondering if you fill out the quarantine form at the airport or do you have to do it online?

MID Aug here coming from Buffalo NY, not the TRI-State area..... I know they are classifying the entire state as part of the Tri-State Area. I'm still planning on going, taking extra precautions, checking in on the app. I need this vacation, and I'm ok with quarantine for 2 weeks when I get back. I can work from home, so extra time to enjoy.
Mid August here too but from Rochester! We have tickets to fly in but decided to drive. Will save SWA credits for Feb trip. Have a great trip!!!

Well that’s great, except now NY has checkpoints up the a$$ and fines for days if you don’t quarantine coming back home! Useless!!
True! NJ has been less aggressive in enforcement, but that could change. That's why, ahead of time, I did some research and discovered that my 2 grown sons (coming with us to wdw in Sept) are in professions defined as essential by the NJ mandate and my DD and I are not employed outside the home. According to NJ mandate I will be allowed to leave the home for necessary things like grocery shopping. (Of course I will be fully masked... I do that now). So, to others: Read the actual wording to see if some of these things apply in your case.

NJ quarantine is not technically required by law, it is suggested and expected to be followed, but essential personnel can do as they need. This came directly from the lawyer of the company I work for. If I was to travel to Fla I would absolutely quarantine for 14 days upon my return.

Well that’s great, except now NY has checkpoints up the a$$ and fines for days if you don’t quarantine coming back home! Useless!!
Where are the checkpoints? Just at airports? I live near Buffalo and I don't know of any on the Thruway for drivers?!

Great work rescinding the quarantine order months later than it should have been >:( Maybe sign the mask mandate also... Hoping the numbers go down drastically in the next few days.

Well my terrific TA was able to get my trip moved to second week of November and got to keep my 35% lost free DDP discount! So far, SWA has non stops from BDL at great times and even cheaper than I had originally. Feeling much better about the whole thing now,

Where are the checkpoints? Just at airports? I live near Buffalo and I don't know of any on the Thruway for drivers?!
I also live in Buffalo and there are no checkpoints on the roads, but you're required to fill out the travel form on the ny.gov web site if you're traveling by car. There is a checkpoint at the airport, and they have been calling people to verify information.

I heard something about being placed at Penn Station in Manhattan for train travelers, and a couple of bridges I believe for drivers.
https://abc7ny.com/health/travelers-face-quarantine-checkpoints-at-major-nyc-entry-points/6355344/
We live near Buffalo, which is upstate NY and ~7 hours from this area. NYC was the hot zone, so enforcement has been less upstate.

I would think the PA state line would have them . But not certain.
They don't on the 90, at least.

I also live in Buffalo and there are no checkpoints on the roads, but you're required to fill out the travel form on the ny.gov web site if you're traveling by car. There is a checkpoint at the airport, and they have been calling people to verify information.

We live near Buffalo, which is upstate NY and ~7 hours from this area. NYC was the hot zone, so enforcement has been less upstate.

They don't on the 90, at least.
Left for FL today by car. Didn't see any roadblocks at PA line heading into NY. I fig NYC would be more of a concern to officials vs Western NY.

I'm traveling from NY in April and we have to be tested before leaving. Do you know of any testing sites conveniently close to WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!