Bridal shower gift

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
My future DD is having a bridal shower Sunday..
We gave the kids a few thousand dollars to to help with the wedding. We told them that this was a early wedding gift.
What do I get her for a gift? I cant go empty handed ... and If I buy cheap bowel set I will look cheap

In my mind a wedding gift is different from a bridal/wedding shower gift...but that is just MY interpretation of it.
I'd get her a gift that your budget allows for and go and enjoy the shower! You could always just got with a Victoria Secret gift card!

LOL, apparently not the bridal showers that I go to.

Same here. Might be an age or regional thing. But a big portion of bridal showers I have gone to involve lingerie. Not so many blenders and dishes since most people already live on their own or together prior to marriage. And I don’t know anyone who has done a wedding registry.

We call them "household showers" and "bridal showers" where I am from. Blenders verses lingerie.

I agree, look on the registry. My poor mom got invited to all three of my "household showers" and by the last one, which was just a couple weeks before my birthday, she said "I'll buy your bedding from your registry but that's your birthday present too". She got me a vaccuum for one, and I'm not sure about the third.

Look on the registry. Isn't a bridal shower mainly supposed to be about lingerie, etc.?
I once went to a lingerie shower and I was the only one who actually brought lingerie because the moms and grandmas were there, which I didn't know. Everyone else brought things like fancy robes and pjs. I felt very uncomfortable.

Same as above, a bridal shower (never heard it referred to as wedding shower) gift is separate from a wedding gift, which is 99.9% of the time cash.
I'd get her(them) something off the registry or maybe something else like a new bedding set or a luggage set if they aren't on there.

I had two... one with lingerie with my friends (and the game about breaking the bows being the number of kids), and one with my mom and aunts, etc., with household items. I don't think there was any distinction in the name of the party or the invitation, but two different audiences.

For the OP, you could give a card with something tucked inside. No one else needs to know what was in there. It could be just a note about the wedding money, but the audience would think it's a gift card, check, etc. I think it would be rude to announce "it's a check for $100" so when we open cards we just read them and move on and let the audience fill in the blanks.

While a gift from a registry would be awesome, since the shower is Sunday, may be a little late for that. So, I’m going to toss out a couple of other ideas. What about an Mpix gift card, so they can print out some wedding pictures? Or perhaps a nice frame to display a picture? What about a penzeys gift certificate, so they can get some nice spices?

both MPix and Penzeys have reasonable minimum purchases to get free shipping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter