Bridge from SSR to DTD

ercrbc

Mouseketeer
Is the new bridge to DTD open at SSR yet? We just booked a June stay and I would request Congress Park if the path is open. Otherwise I think we may opt for the Paddock or Springs as a request. We have 3 kids, 8, 5 and 2 and enjoyed a stay in the Paddock area last year. I see all kinds of good reviews for CP and figured the path would be a big plus of that area. Thanks!

As of a few days ago, it was not open. It is basically up, but they are still working on it.

One thing I noticed is that it appears that a new Marketplace boat dock will connect directly to the middle of the bridge. The old marketplace boat dock is gone.

There is much construction going on at DtD right now.

As of a few days ago, it was not open. It is basically up, but they are still working on it.

One thing I noticed is that it appears that a new Marketplace boat dock will connect directly to the middle of the bridge. The old marketplace boat dock is gone.

There is much construction going on at DtD right now.

Thanks for the update! I'll be interested to see how the new bridge looks in a month :thumbsup2

Does anyone have any current pics of the bridge or can you point me to a place where I can find some? TIA!

Here now at Congress Park at SSR - bridge still being worked on, but you can still walk to DTD just out and around on the nice sidewalk - already walked to DTD twice and going back tomorrow, so much quicker!

This will be a nice addition! We like to stay in Congress Park. It'll be nice not to walk out by the street and past the bus stop area.

We just returned and saw the SSR sidewalk construction coming along nicely. But I have to say that DTD was just meh. Construction going on all over the place and a bit chaotic. Just not too pleasant right now and I'm sure it will be great once the construction is complete -- new stores in all areas, the new parking garage going up.....just a lot of work going on. We only spent a couple of hours there this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter