Brightline and Virgin Trains end partnership

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
The Brightline high-speed train, currently expanding their service all the way from Miami to MCO, has ended their partnership with Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Trains.

The partnership is apparently a casualty of the covid pandemic. Branson's other airline and cruise operations have been crushed by covid and they are scrambling to downsize. The attraction of Virgin for Brightline was always MONEY, and with the money dried up I guess the partnership no longer makes sense.

Construction of the high-speed line to Orlando continues, as well as other Brightline projects in Miami.

This story is not terribly well-written, but you can get the gist of it.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article244829717.html

The Brightline high-speed train, currently expanding their service all the way from Miami to MCO, has ended their partnership with Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Trains.

The partnership is apparently a casualty of the covid pandemic. Branson's other airline and cruise operations have been crushed by covid and they are scrambling to downsize. The attraction of Virgin for Brightline was always MONEY, and with the money dried up I guess the partnership no longer makes sense.

Construction of the high-speed line to Orlando continues, as well as other Brightline projects in Miami.

This story is not terribly well-written, but you can get the gist of it.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article244829717.html
I'm glad the Brightline construction to Orlando is continuing and hope it is able to connect MCO to a near-WDW station at some point in the future. But just having the option to travel by train between Miami and MCO would be wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter