Bring Diapers or Buy Them When You Get There?

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
My DH and I are planning our first trip to WDW with our son who will turn one when we are there. I know he'll be in fairly large size diapers, and I don't want to have to pack a suitcase just full of diapers. Especially now since some airlines are charging to check extra bags. So I was thinking of putting about a dozen or so diapers in my carry on with other baby items like formula and food and then stop at Goodings and buy several packs of diapers (depending on how many he uses at that point). Does this sound like a good idea? I'd also pick up any baby food items I'd need for the length of our stay when we get there. Have any of you done this? Any recommendations? Thank you!

Actually what we plan on doing is packing some diapers for the plane ride and then going to Win Dixie (which is few blocks up from Goodings). WinDixie is much cheaper and you can go to their website and fill out a rewards card application. You should be able to get some good deals with the card. Just bring the application to the customer service desk. If you go to Disney often you'll use it again and again.

We have 2 in diapers and no way are bringing enough for each.

That is what we did. Packed enough diapers for the day, picked up more when we got there. We had two in diapers.

The other option is to ship diapers down - or have Netgrocer deliver them to your hotel. If you are on a tight time frame, or taking a shuttle, this is a good option (I wish I would have just had netgrocer deliver a bunch of stuff - it would have saved us a little time and taken some of the arrival pressure off of us - our plane was a little late, our rental car took an hour to get, by the time we were getting diapers I was really cranky). Netgrocer can ship formula and baby food as well.

If you have a rental car, it is easy to slip out and buy the diapers. If you don;t, try netgrocer.com. We rented a car & stoped at Wal-Mart on our way in to pick up a whole bunch of things last year - it was a lifesaver! (wipes, babyfood, formula, diapers, diapercream) I bought a nominal amount of stuff while I was down there so that if I had a little bit leftover, it didn't fill up my luggage or I just left it. We are planning to do the same thing this year. Good luck!

I do pack a whole package of diapers. Because then that extra space in the suitcase at the end of the trip is for all our souvenirs!

Works out perfectly for us!

We do pretty much what everyone else does. I have always packed enough daipers in the daiper bag for my flight, plus an extra day, since you just never know. We fly often in the winter and you never know when you might hit weather-related delays. In fact, one day plus is my rule for formula/baby food. This way, if we are ever stranded at the airport, we have enough to get by. We rent a car, so we drive to a publix by Sea World (my aunt lives over in that area, and it is on the way to her place) and purchase the rest of our baby needs. We also get a styrofoam cooler. They are amazing. This way we can keep the baby food/formula cold and have milk, cold water, oj, and fruit in the room. I always bring coupons from home to use at the grocery stores.

Gooding's is just too expensive. It will do in a pinch, but it is worth the trip to a regular, off property grocery store. I learned my lesson after one trip there, when our first DD was just under a year. What a rip off. One small jar of baby food (the 4oz ones) was 75 cents. Granted, here in NY I pay 59 cents, but the prices for that killed me. Plus, they only had Premium papmpers. And if I remember correctly, they only had one brand of baby food. The selection was very small.

Leaving tomorrow and packing now. ... just took the whoppo bug diapers out. We'll buy them there. Too much to bring for now!

I can't wait to just BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The VWL Five
Actually what we plan on doing is packing some diapers for the plane ride and then going to Win Dixie (which is few blocks up from Goodings). WinDixie is much cheaper and you can go to their website and fill out a rewards card application.

Is Win Dixie on the same street? I've never been to Goodings or any other off site store but I'll sure be looking for diapers when we arrive!!!!

To Plutosmyfav,

This is right off mouseSavers.com:

Winn-Dixie Supermarket - This grocery store is new and has a good selection including a deli, in-store bakery, pharmacy, and 1-hour photo services -- all at non-resort prices. You may want to get a free Winn-Dixie Customer Rewards Card (print out the application online or ask for one at the store) in order to take advantage of the many special prices that are only available to card holders. Located at 11957 S. Apopka/Vineland Road (SR 535), about 3 lights north of the intersection with Hotel Plaza Blvd and just north of the intersection with Lake Avenue, on the east side of the street.

We'll be stopping there right from the airport tomorrow afternoon.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter