Bringing wine on board?

Keacc

DIS Veteran
Is it true that you are allowed to bring on 2 bottles of wine per room?

Correct. There is a $15 corkage fee per bottle if you have your waiter open it for you, but I've yet to have that enforced.

Yes, our experience is the same as @starvenger, although we've always consumed our wine in our stateroom so we don't have any experience with a corkage fee.

Adding on to the other comments... you can ask for wine glasses in your stateroom, then pour a glass and take it wherever you want.

MY WINE brought ON BOARD has never required a wine glass for consumption or the need to have it unscrewed by any other person other than myself since once it enters our cabin it never leaves while "in the bottle." :teeth:

MY WINE brought ON BOARD has never required a wine glass for consumption or the need to have it unscrewed by any other person other than myself since once it enters our cabin it never leaves while "in the bottle." :teeth:
Do you drink it straight from the bottle? No glass?

Well they do give you a couple of glasses in the cabin, right? I'd presume that's what was used, no wine-specific glass necessary.

Do you drink it straight from the bottle? No glass?

Depends on how thirsty I am. :drinking:

Well they do give you a couple of glasses in the cabin, right? I'd presume that's what was used, no wine-specific glass necessary.

YUP, glasses of some sort are in the cabin but I never needed a "wine glass" since my first Boone's Farm swig back in '70's.

Depends on how thirsty I am. :drinking:

YUP, glasses of some sort are in the cabin but I never needed a "wine glass" since my first Boone's Farm swig back in '70's.
Gasp!!! :crazy2:

Do the cabins have a wine opener in them or do you need to bring one of those in your checked luggage if you intend to never let your wine see anything but your cabin?

Do the cabins have a wine opener in them or do you need to bring one of those in your checked luggage if you intend to never let your wine see anything but your cabin?
Your room attendant will bring you a basic one. However, one of the bottles I took on board was impossible for me to open with that (had to ask the room attendant to try it for me) so you may want to bring a more elaborate one that gives you more leverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter