Brown Derby Bummer

lucysdad

<font color=teal>You've touched my heart<br><font
As much fun as it was to talk to Donald Duck (A.K.A. Don) at AKL concierge just now, it was disappointing to get a 3:30 dinner time at Brown Derby with the Fantasmic Package, when the show is at 9P.M.!! MGM is not my favorite place to spend the afternoon. It's so crowded and hot! I don't think there's a tree in the whole park! I was hoping for a 7 or 7:30 dinner and a quick walk into the show. Does anyone have a suggestiion? I didn't realize that getting into the Brown Derby was as hard as getting into Cindy's Breakfast. Someone, hellllppppp!
Lucy's Mom

I think they make you eat that early if you get the darned package -- not worth it if you ask me! I was just a few weeks ago asking about it the dinner package and many nice folks told me about it -- they said that you had to eat early and that there was a big gap of time until the show.

On the other hand, we love the Brown Derby -- it's one of my daughter's favorites. (she's 19)

If you do eat that early, don't forget that you would have time to go elsewhere (out of the park and shady) after your meal and still be able to re-enter the park later to go to Fantasmic. It would be very handy when you return since the entrance you use with FDP tickets is right by the park entrance.

You could have a late bkst that day and then treat your 3:30 PS as a late lunch instead of dinner.

I can understand why a 3:30 "dinner" seating would be a bummer. But I wanted to make sure you realized you can work around that time and still have fun.

Have you thought about Mama Melroses. We like it because it tends to be quieter then most of the other St restaurants and we find the servers very friendly. It always seems like an oasis from the hustle and bustle of the park and the food is pretty good too.

Have to say I fell like the BD has gone down. The menu selection is not has good as it used to be and the servers used to be more fine dining oriented.

Just posted on the other thread regarding Fantasmic....call back. The CM said to me "oh, they must have just release the later times"....just got a 6:50 PS at MM(originally had a 4:20 one). I did not want that big gap between dinner and a 9:00 Fantasmic. Good luck!

We have the same time gap for our FDP at BD in May. Here are the postives:

You will not have to wait in line for Fantasmic.
Most people are stopping for dinner while you are finished, or they are waiting in line for Fantasmic.
Because of the above the park is quieter in the early evening, we walked on to many rides last time and were able to 'finish up' the rides we wanted to ride one last time, etc. without lines.

Look at the positives and it's an easier pill to swallow. I once had a negative view on the timing as well, but it is a nice time to take a breather from walking amongst the crowds! Enjoy!

The same thing just happened to me. I received my updated itinerary for July from the BWI concierge, with a 4:00 PS for the Brown Derby, rather than 6:00. Since the theme park PS window has changed from 60 to 90 days, the system is not able to assign later PS because the park hours aren't released. As the date approaches, you can usually get a later seating. Just make that request to the concierge/itinerary planners.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll keep trying for a later time and if it doesn't work out, we'll just have to work around it. Thanks again.
Lucy's Mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter