Brunch at the Top - Cali Grill *new updates from 12/11/16 on p.6*

we had the frittata (and i unfortunately can't find a photo of it!), but weren't thrilled with it. the "stuff" to eggs ratio was just off - not enough eggs to hold it all together. the balance of flavors just didn't work for us, and the consistency was kind of crumbly.

we also had the chicken and agree that was the clear winner. i rarely order chicken when out but plan to get this when we return in april.

Thank you for the frittata review. That dish never jumped out enough for us to try among the entrées. I hope you find that photo. Would love to see a pic.

So impressed with the rave reviews for what looks like a simple basic chicken cutlet. Will definitely order this when we go!
It's a magic cutlet! pixiedust:

Just back..had brunch there on the 5th...all was great.
Looked like every table was full too...first time for that(since we've been going anyway)

Pixie Dust moment for us too....A wonderful couple bought our meals!!!

Guess they had extra meal credits.
Back in the day we would buy other diners snacks or meals (we never used all the dining credits by departure day)

This is the first time we were ever on the receiving end...made our day/vacation.

We will pay it forward...
THANKS!

Just back..had brunch there on the 5th...all was great.
Looked like every table was full too...first time for that(since we've been going anyway)

Pixie Dust moment for us too....A wonderful couple bought our meals!!!

Guess they had extra meal credits.
Back in the day we would buy other diners snacks or meals (we never used all the dining credits by departure day)

This is the first time we were ever on the receiving end...made our day/vacation.

We will pay it forward...
THANKS!

No kidding...I have no idea what the couple(?) even looked like....

I so look forward to this brunch every time we start our vacay...hope you enjoy it as well.

After reading your first post I was going ask if the other diners identified themselves. Truly a magical thing for all involved! Glad you enjoyed it!

Hoping to book brunch here for our October trip if they're still doing this (please oh please oh please!)! I scanned through this thread, and I apologize if my question was already answered and I missed it. I am a little confused about the brunch cocktails and what drinks are/aren't included in the price. Namely, wanted to confirm that the mimosas are complimentary beyond the first one you are greeted with (or if there is a charge for an additional mimosa, does anybody know the cost)? Also, if you indulge in the bloody mary bar, I presume that charge i on a per-drink basis? I'm also guessing the coffee, juices, and sodas are all part of the $80 charge, so someone please let me know if that's off base. Thanks in advance for any clarification yall can offer! :)

Last edited:
Mimosas are unlimited and we had 3 refills...course it seems they only fill the glass 1/2 way and included in the price.

Had the Bloody Mary - gigantic Hurricane glass - not sure if it was refillable but...not many people could handle two of those...think the price was $15...? Never ordered it again, it was good just way tooooo much.

Never asked for juice or soda...but did see ice teas and bevs at the other tables.

Coffee is a wonderful press pot, refillable and included in the price.

We are happy with the mimosas and their fresh squeezed OJ....throughout your brunch you can hear the champagne bottles popping open...nice touch.

Mimosas are unlimited and we had 3 refills...course it seems they only fill the glass 1/2 way and included in the price.

....throughout your brunch you can hear the champagne bottles popping open...nice touch.

SOLD! That sounds divine, what a lovely way to kick off the day! I don't think I could handle mimosas AND multiple bloody marys, but perhaps DH and I will split one just for the sake of trying it out. Especially now that I know its a quite large serving. Thanks so much!

The guy who prepares your Bloody Mary's like a used car salesman...he will load you up with extras (whole celery stalk with shrimp, bacon, cheese, olives, and basically the whole produce section) for your drink garnish...pretty funny actually and kinda embarrassing when you walk back to the table with it. It looks like a flower arrangement :)

Is it still the case that if you brunch here that you can come back later that night to view the MK fireworks from the deck?

@poison ivy did you enjoy the earlier or later seating? I'm trying to decide between a 10:10 and an 11:35.

Thanks!
personally, I enjoyed the earlier seating more, but only because we had an empty house gradually filling up for the day. It was less busy and seemed more personal and relaxed vs the brunch being in full swing with most tables occupied when we were at the later seating.

Is it still the case that if you brunch here that you can come back later that night to view the MK fireworks from the deck?
I would assume so (but you can always call to make sure) since a complimentary return back to view the fireworks has always been offered for the California Grill - whether you are dining for brunch or dinner.

We're booked for this on 12/17. Hoping it's still as good?
I hope so too! They did a fantastic job both times we visited and December is a great month to enjoy this.

We too loved our brunch at CG...the pumpkin pancakes sound so yummy! Blueberry pancakes were on the menu the day I went!

This is making me even more excited for our trip. We were able to snag a dinner reservation for my birthday at the restaurant followed by the brunch at noon the next day :love:the California Grill is a place my mom has been wanting to go to the past few trips but she never did.

Im excited about this as well. Have never eaten there- doing deluxe for the first time in Dec. Doing dinner one night and also the Sunday brunch

what do you mean you can order more then 1 entree
I told our server I was undecided between the shrimp and grits and the steak and asked for his recommdation. He offered to get me both. It was way too much so he boxed up most of the steak "to go." Our desserts were boxed up as well.

I told our server I was undecided between the shrimp and grits and the steak and asked for his recommdation. He offered to get me both. It was way too much so he boxed up most of the steak "to go." Our desserts were boxed up as well.
Yes. If you wish to try more than one selection from the entree menu, they'll do that for you. Sometimes they can give you a half order, say if you want eggs benedict and pancakes they will give you a half portion of each. If that's not possible, they'll still bring you whatever you want and box up the rest. While still expensive, it winds up being a decent value given all you can get, the view, and the experience.

Yes. If you wish to try more than one selection from the entree menu, they'll do that for you. Sometimes they can give you a half order, say if you want eggs benedict and pancakes they will give you a half portion of each. If that's not possible, they'll still bring you whatever you want and box up the rest. While still expensive, it winds up being a decent value given all you can get, the view, and the experience.
I am excited by this news, as I really want to try the lobster eggs benedict AND the carrot cake pancakes. I would LOVE to be able to get a half serving of each!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter