Budget car rental vs Avis car rental

disneyger

I'm a woman on the EDGE!!!!!!!!!
Good morning 😊just in the process of booking our trip for end of April😀 with British Airways and have always had a hire car through Avis with them as avis always were cheaper ,but this time around it looks like budget are now much cheaper than Avis😕. Has any one used Budget through British Airways and if so how do they compare with Avis. We have always found Avis to be good never had any problems. But the difference with Avis andBudget this time round is quite a bit😣 Thank you 😊

Avis and Budget are part of the same group. Avis is the supposedly more up-market 'brand' of the two, but both seem to provide compact and intermediate cars. If the Budget price is much cheaper, I would go with them.

By the way, cheapest price I was able to find was through the British Airways website - found an intermediate car through Avis for 18 nights, and was only £485, plus 10,000 Avios. Also found decent deals through the AA website if you are a member - intermediate car for the same length was £583 through National.

Avis and Budget are part of the same group. Avis is the supposedly more up-market 'brand' of the two, but both seem to provide compact and intermediate cars. If the Budget price is much cheaper, I would go with them.

By the way, cheapest price I was able to find was through the British Airways website - found an intermediate car through Avis for 18 nights, and was only £485, plus 10,000 Avios. Also found decent deals through the AA website if you are a member - intermediate car for the same length was £583 through National.
Thank you when we went to book Avis came out cheaper😊so we are now booked and waiting to go and of April😀😀

Actually Budget is the Franchise operation side of Avis. In some cases Avis may own their own franchise, which can happen in places like airports.

National is always expensive.
If you want to compare to National, look at Alamo.
They're related companies.
Alamo is the discount operation, National the very expensive side.
if you do consider alamo, i find that the brit guide discount always comes out cheaper than just going into the regular alamo site.
Even if you use "pay when you pick up the car" (instead of pay in advance), the price is usually much cheaper.

Last edited:
National is always expensive.
If you want to compare to National, look at Alamo.
They're related companies.
Alamo is the discount operation, National the very expensive side.
if you do consider alamo, i find that the brit guide discount always comes out cheaper than just going into the regular alamo site.
Even if you use "pay when you pick up the car" (instead of pay in advance), the price is usually much cheaper.

Not on AA - it had Europcar, National and Alamo quotes, and National came out cheapest when I looked. Just shows you need to shop around. But certainly good advice to avoid going onto the hire car companies own websites.

If you do use Budget, Just check your paperwork when you drop the car off. Once they charged me $450 for nothing, absolutely nothing. I went to the desk and queried it and they said,'Oh sorry, that's a mistake". Another time, I haggled for a discounted upgrade at the desk on the way out, only to be charged more than the original price when I dropped it off!. Good job I'd made the guy write on my original documents and date and sign it. I would have been $480 out of pocket. It's dark in the garage and the printing is small on the slips, but do check carefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!