Budget, where we're going we don't need any budget

primalJ

DIS Veteran
After a LONG 8 year Disney Hiatus we said "hey us, let's treat ourselves".
Budget be gone. We worked hard since the last trip. Started a successful business
paid our house off 27 years early so we are going top shelf. Prices be dammed.

First off we do not travel anywhere without our dog Waffles and he needs a fancy place to
rest his furry keppy so we got him a V.I.P (very important pooch) luxury suite at the Disney Best Friends pet hotel.
You know a dog needs 226sq of room when you occupy less than 2sq ft.
Does he need 3 beds,TV 24/7, bedtime story time and a private covered outdoor play yard
all with his own personal pet concierge. Does he need all that. No, he demands it.
So we got his room all covered.
Plus the wife loves that while in the parks we can spy on him with the camera in
the room. Hope he's not misbehaving.

We never wanted to spend the money before for a luxury resort so we went for the Villas at
the Polynesian for my wife's "Hawaiian" trip. All the 17 previous trips were at the values, moderates and several times at the Wilderness lodge,
but never at a monorail resort so this trip is gonna rectify all that and then some.
We figured 8 nights would be good to see all the new stuff that opened since our last visit.

On our ride down from Philly we were originally going to stay overnight
in Jacksonville since we would be getting to Disney late and when we were in Georgia
I had the itch and had the wife call Disney and see if we could get a room at Port Orleans for a few hours since they are dog friendly.
We scored! It was worth it just to complete our drive and get in the Disney bubble right away. We
got there around 11pm but no regrets. No budget so I made it happen.

For many of our past trips we had the dining plan and never felt that it was worth it, so
we're eating where we want and ordering what we want will ease the burden of being locked into
meals planned 6 months ahead. Many times in the past we usually weren't in the mood or
even hungry enough for all the food allotted.

Link to my past trip reports: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-yes-i-said-videos-all-right-giggity.2618408/

Trip factoids: total miles walked 101 / weight gained ZERO! ( shocked myself)

COSTS:
1 night Port Orleans $330.40
7 nights Polynesian deluxe water view DVC rented points $2664 + 259 trip insurance
7 nights Disney Best Friends VIP suite $567
2) universal 2 park passes & 2) front of the line unlimited passes $594.26
2) 7 day park hopper PLUS passes $1065
souvenirs $442.42
keys to the kingdom tour $180 (after disney visa discount)
Food $976.12
Photo Pass $169.00
gas $201.25
road food $63
universal food $39
universal souvenirs $21
TOTAL $7571.45

I will not be doing this in any order since it matters to no one.
Also all the foods me & the wife split.

Our dogs VIP suite at best friends located across from Port Orleans waffles.jpg

Our room Polynesian DVC Moorea water view
poly.jpg

Now lets get to the all the food, since that's really why all you monsters are here......................

Attachments

• waffles.jpg
    waffles.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 46
  • waffles.jpg
    waffles.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Animal Kingdom corn cart (near the entry to the safari)
AK corn 2.jpg AK corn & pickle.jpg AK corn 1.jpg
We had it 3 times and still was not enough, loved it so much. Great pickle too after sweating so much it was helpful.

AMORETTES ( multiple days)

amorettes petite cake.jpgamorettes mickey cake.jpg amorettes 49th & broadway cheesecake.jpg amorettes.jpg

We obviously really liked it, so we got it often.

Last edited:
AMPLE HILLS
ample hills ice cream flight.jpg

loved all the flavors and scored a free scoop. the girl told us sally sheshell was not available and the
girl behind me was getting it and I asked her about it and she apologized and offered me a free scoop.
thanks ice cream lady, you were sweet.

CHEF ART HOMCOMIN
art homcomin.jpg
I know it's against the grain here to smite the chicken, but it was very lackluster.
Much better Disney chickens we thought were:
BLT chicken from MARA
Smoked & Fried chicken from POLITE PIG
chicken finger from GUYS
all of them much better.
Now the burger was the highlight. Very good, perfectly cooked and juicy. Lovely pickles and double patty.
Chips were better than I was imagining and happy they were.
My wife subbed the potatoes for the mac & cheese and happy she did. IT WAS AWESOME.
We had a coupon for FREE hummingbird cake from the back of Birnbaum's Disney guide and
it was amazing. loved the flavors and ice cream was perfectly paired beside it.

ART OF ANIMATION
art of animation.jpg
Since our last visit this resort was still a ghost shell we did want to check it out. It's not an official visit anywhere unless you've eaten there.
So we did. Hot & tasty but really enjoyed the hashbrown thang.

Last edited:
B.B. WOLF
BB wolf.jpg
Meh, that's about it.
The latin dog was the best out of the bunch.

BE OUR GUEST
be our guest.jpg

None of the new Fantasyland existed last trip, so our first food stop in Disney was here for lunch.
Not much appealed to us but really wanted to see the place.
Sandwich was not bad and I enjoyed the soup. We both
agreed once is enough. Way to hyped up.

Last edited:
BOATHOUSE
boathouse.jpg

One of our favorites in Disney now. First off LOVE the new Springs area. All new to us. The Boathouse
is beautiful in and out. Excellent service. Great views.
The rolls & butter, perfect.
They split the salad for us in the kitchen and brought it to us like that, classy.
Loved the salad. Fresh & crisp.
My burger was phenomenal. Fries were very good.
Wife loved the filet sliders and let me have one and it was tasty.
This is a must on all future trips for us.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

three broomsticks.jpg butter beer icecream.jpg butter beer.jpg
Loved all we had. Fish & chips were fresh.
Both renditions of Butterbeer were gooooooooood.

CAPTAIN COOKS
captain cooks tonga toast.jpg

polynesian capt cooks burger & beef .jpg

captain cooks bounty platter.jpg

In the past we always stopped at the Poly for food. Since we're staying here just made it easier.
We really liked all the food we had, got the roastbeef twice. Burger was fresh made.
Tonga toast, come on. It's tonga toast. Get it.

POLYNESIAN POOL BAR
polynesian lava flow.jpg
Only got this once, and wished we got it more. Very good and this is coming from a
person who does not drink.

TRADER SAMS
polynesian trader sams.jpg

We loved the bar. Cool stuff happens. Drink was good. Liked the dumplings.
place was too small. Did not have to wait.

DOLE WHIP (POLYNESIAN PINEAPPLE LANAI)
polynesian dolewhip swirl.jpg

Got this several times during our 7 nights here, cause it dole whip that's why.

HALLWAY BREAD PUDDING
polynesian bread pudding ohana.jpg

Grabbed your attention I did, so here's the story.....
We were leaving our room early morning to head to the parks
my wife pointed out that one of the rooms near us someone left their bread pudding
on their room service tray from the night prior.
I looked at it and noticed it was still completely wrapped, untouched and unscathed.
No cooties and ripe for the picking as I bent down to grasp it up my
wife started laughing and concerningly asking me if I was really going to take it?
You're damn right I am as I walk it back to our room to put in the refrigerator for later
so we can eat it with other treats we gathered while we watch fireworks from our room.
Later that evening as we watch fireworks she heated it up for me
and as I shamelessly started to eat it I offered her a bite she accepted and succumb to the hallway bread pudding.
I love the bread pudding from Ohana and I dislike the rest of the food their.
Our original intention was to grab a slice from Tambu lounge, but since they just closed days before our
arrival for a remodel we just chalked it up to not getting it. The tiki gods presented us with a gift of HALLWAY BREAD PUDDING
Who was I to shun such a gift. So we ate it and loved it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!