Buena Vista Palace

tybella

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed here recently we are planning to stay there for 12 nights for our holiday any reviews would be awesome its our first time in Orlando so we have no idea what to look for lol

We stayed there over Christmas & enjoyed it alot. We stayed in the Island building in one of the suites. It was very nice. We loved its proximity to Downtown Disney & and it is also located close to SSR so we hopped the SSR bus to get back from Magic Kingdom vs going to TTC to get back to the hotel, then just crossed the street.

Thanks for the reply fairyprincess1 did you find it was a good hotel for kids we have a 15,14,7,5 I'm not sure what ssr and ttc are so I haven't figured the lingo out yet lol

tybella - We stayed at the Palace last April. Was there for a conference so the 3 kids were at home (and unimpressed their parents went to Disney w/out them). We had a tower room on the 23rd floor with great view of DD (Downtown Disney). With your family you would need a larger room, likely in the 'Island' section.

The proximity to DD was a bonus (across the street), but the non-Disney hotels on Disney property have their own free shuttle. While not as frequent as the Disney Buses they have routes direct to the parks.

There were many families staying at the hotel - there are two pools, one with a decent sized shallow end and a perfect, partially enclosed hot tub - where our large group ended every night...

Since this is a property on Disney property the onsite restaurant prices are high and the 'market' where you can buy snacks, baked goods, etc is more affordable but still quite pricey.

We are taking the entire brood in Nov. and considered staying here but had a better deal elsewhere that we could not pass up.

Enjoy your trip!

It's been a couple years since I was there, but we loved it. It was nice to be so close to DTD and the shuttle was very convenient. I don't have kids so I can't help you there, but the rooms were beautiful. I think you'll enjoy it.

We stayed there last June for one night before checking into the Beach Club. The hotel was very clean and nice. The kids swam and the pool was okay - nothing special with slides or anything but big and lots of chaise lounges. We didn't spend a whole lot of time at the hotel but we saw was very nice. It was very easy to walk over to DTD.

We always stay here. You can check out more detailed reviews on tripadvisor.com We LOVE it at this hotel. We always get a suite.

Does BV Palace have a free airport shuttle? Do you think that it's reasonable to stay there without a car and have a great WDW experience?

We stayed there over Memorial Day weekend. We had an Epcot view. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

This is actually our first choice when we stay offsite. We like being able to walk across the street to DTD and the rooms are large and very comfortable. The staff is always friendly and the breakfast buffet is really pretty extensive. They had a character breakfast with Goofy and Minnie the last time we were there (2 years ago at Christmas). The parking lot is HUGE and quite a haul if you don't valet.

There's no free airport shuttle. We have stayed there a few times, and it's one of our favorite off-site hotels. BVP shares a free shuttle to the Disney parks with a couple of other downtown Disney hotels. We never had to wait too long for the shuttles (we waited just as long when we stayed onsite). If you don't have a car, it's really convenient being able to just cross the street to get to downtown Disney. Often, when my daughters are too tired and cranky after a full day at the parks, DH would just go over there to pick up food from Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express, and bring it back to our room to eat. There's also a character buffet breakfast on Sundays, which the girls enjoyed.

We loved this hotel!! The staff was so helpful and friendly and the rooms were great! Clean and spacious the balcony was small but perfect to enjoy a cup of cofee in the morning.

The walk to DTD was less than 10 mins!!!

Transportation: We did not have park tickets ( i didn't want to fight the crowds) but we did use the bus to go to MK to resort hop. This hotel does share their bus with othe resorts in the DTD area so by the time it came to us it was pretty much full. So the following day we just walked to to Disney bus stops and went directly to the Beach Club.

And one tip please use the crosswalks. We watch a family of four teetering on the median as traffic wizzed by all to shave off a few mins. Not worth it my opinion.

All in all loved this resort and will be back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter