Bummer CityWalk Rumors

I'm actually bummed about Island Clothing Co. closing. We bought many things from this store over the years.
I've never been a fan of Bubba Gump, so I don't really have any opinion about that....

Never heard much of anything good about the Bubba Gump chain Boomie. Hope it is replaced by something good.

I'm actually bummed about Island Clothing Co. closing. We bought many things from this store over the years.
I've never been a fan of Bubba Gump, so I don't really have any opinion about that....

Been in the planning for a long time Lori.......

I‘ve never actually been in that store you mentioned. And yes, Bubba Gump is one of the worst restaurants in City Walk. Never quite understood the love for it.......although they do a few good cocktails.......::yes::

That article is a bit misleading. The Island Clothing store is the part with the low roof closest to Universal that sold Tommy Bahama, etc. Quiet Flight, the part that sells Billabong, etc., is still remaining open.

I hadn't eat at Bubba Gump's for ages. Last time we ate there I wasn't impressed, so we just never even considered it again.

I've always enjoyed the food at Bubba Gump. Shrimp is tasty and there's a tilaia dish with mashed poatatoes and spinach which is very good. Service is very friendly as well. To be fair, I'm also a fan of Rainforest Cafe, so not exactly what you would call a foodie.

I agree that the retail at Citywalk definitely needs a refresh - Fossil seems out of place and I don't think we ever even went into Fresh Produce but my daughter is going to be super-sad to see P!Q go - she loves that store! Also, as it has become a family tradition to get a pic of my daughter here, I really hope they somehow keep the surfboard if Quiet Flight closes! :(

My daughter loves this store! When we visit in the spring we would always buy her swimsuit for the upcoming summer. They had super cute clothes too! I will also be very disappointed to see it go. Was planning on picking up something next week while I’m there for her birthday.

That article is a bit misleading. The Island Clothing store is the part with the low roof closest to Universal that sold Tommy Bahama, etc. Quiet Flight, the part that sells Billabong, etc., is still remaining open.

Maybe there’s hope we can still shop! Billabong is her favorite brand in there but we’ve found billabong items on both sides or both stores I guess.

Motown was one of the original restaurants when City Walk was created

When Universal opened, it was just one park
I did day side trips there when I stayed at Disney

Wow interesting article! Admittedly, I hadn't heard any of these rumors but a comedy club and escape room are welcome additions for me. DH and I are not club goers so something else to do in the evenings (other than Pat O'Brien's) would be great! As long as Quiet Flight stays open though - we love that store. And I know DH will miss the long island iced teas at Bubba Gump!

My wife and I are planning to go to rising star at least once during our adults only trip the last week of March.

Every meal we have ever had has always been good, nothing to brag about but good. I must admit we visited this restaurant more because of what the restaurant is vs what the restaurant serves, the movie was pretty popular........not a favorite movie but still cool and the theme alone probably draws in more people then the food ever did.

Last edited:
SNL comedy club makes sense. Considering they cashed in on the Tonight Show. SNL is iconic. It will be interesting on how it will be executed if it is true. I never done an escape room, but the concept always intrigued me. It would be fun to do something like that, especially if it was Harry Potter themed. Unsure what the theme would be, but that would personally be what I'd want.

As for Bubba Gump there are good and bad things on the menu. Can't remember the one at CW that well (only been there once), but I do enjoy the charm of the one we have in Daytona due to all the props and costumes of the film. Not only a huge fan of the film, but I like behind the scenes stuff and Bubba Gump is the closest thing to a "Planet Hollywood type" of thing where you can see props, costumes, and little BTS tibits on plaques.

As for the shops, I'm not a big shopper, but I would hope they do keep the surfboard for the families who seem to enjoy taking photos of it.

Personally it would be nice if they kept all the little known chain QS places for the families who'd like a nice affordable quick bite. Of course, that seems to be barely under the radar according to the article as they made it sound as if anything to deal with those restaurants might be well into the future if it happens. However, if they do get rid of them, it would clearly be a sign of attempting to be in competition with DS. Just the other day they opened another restaurant and I thought they were done with opening their new restaurants by now.

Oh man, we really liked the fast food court. the food was your average fast food, but both DH and DD lurve panda Express and DS and I dislike it intensely. We don't have Mo's here and I like their food and DS was happy with a burger. It was a cheap(er) quick place to eat where all of us could get something we like that we don't get very often. I'm going to be bummed if it closes.

Motown was one of the original restaurants when City Walk was created

We loved Motown Cafe too! The ‘Supremes’ came out half way through dinner! We have a Motown Cafe souvenier glass my OH wont anyone drink out of he says it’s a collectors item!
Went to Bubba Gump once, not impressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter