Bummer CityWalk Rumors

Motown opened 1999 and officially closed January 2005
BG took over that space

Hope whatever comes in that spot is appealing to all

I think they had to do this. Compared to Disney Springs, CityWalk feels dated and lackluster by comparison.

The audience for these is really locals, not tourists. You have to have places that will bring them in, and it sounds like there are several unique experiences coming here.

As a New Yorker, I can't help but cheer the closing of a Bubba Gump Shrimp. It's the worst restaurant in Times Square. (And Victoria Peak in Hong Kong. And the Santa Monica Pier. Etc.)

My sons girlfriend has to go to the UK a couple of times a year for college and they both love the escape rooms over there. He says they are everywhere and they have them for different skill levels. I mentioned the possible addition of an escape room and a comedy club to him and he thought they were a great addition. When they were last at Universal one of his complaints was there just wasn't enough to do at night for the twenty something group.

DH loves a good Long Island Iced Tea and says Bubba Gump has the best one he's ever tried. He looks forward to that drink every time we visit Universal. We are now open for other suggestions of Bubba Gump is truly on the chopping block!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!