"bump and cancel" timing?

houseofduck

DIS Veteran
We recently returned from Disney World. One day, I accidentally booked an "eat to the beat" dining package at Chefs de France instead of just a regular dinner reservation. I made the reservation about 3 hours in advance. I attempted to move the reservation with the intention of canceling, but got error messages (with both the MDE app and the web site). I had just made the reservation and noticed the "eat to the beat" when I got to the confirmation page. So, we were still several hours away from the reservation time. How close to the reservation time are you able to "bump and cancel" a reservation?

In the end, it was ok because we were able to just have dinner and were not charged for the package.

Bump and dump is a loophole. Nobody can accurately assess how much time you may have, nor can we predict if you’ll be able to continue to use it in the future.

The couple of times I've tried it day of or hours before, it wouldn't let me. Had to call and they would change it without any issue.

Not necessarily true. I've changed it on the app up until 30 minutes before the ADR a few times. Haven't tried closer than that, so not sure if it works or not.

This has not been my experience. Glad it works for you though!

The couple of times I've tried it day of or hours before, it wouldn't let me. Had to call and they would change it without any issue.

Same here!

This has not been my experience. Glad it works for you though!

Same here!
Interesting. That's the first time I've heard someone say they have to call within 24 hours. It's one of those tips I've read on here probably 100 times to avoid the no show fee, always just in the app. It worked for me a few years ago as well as in January and May of this year. So consistent enough for me (and others that have said the same thing), so that's weird that it doesn't work for others. Thanks for pointing that out!

I've never been able to change the reservation online. But I have had success doing it on the phone. We had a reservation in Epcot and were staying at the Contemporary and I wasn't feeling well so took a nap. Woke up too late and there was no way we'd make our reservation time. We called and there was availability at a later time and moved it for us. They also asked if we wanted to move it to a different day, but the later time worked for us. Next time try calling and seeing what they can do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter