bunkbeds at AKL

DisneyFan09

DIS Veteran
Can I get a standard room with bunkbeds or are they only in deluxe rooms. There will be 5 of us and that is the only way I can think of that we'll all have someplace to sleep. Is there also a queen bed and a daybed?

We had a standard Savannah view room w/twin size bunk beds and a queen. I believe there are daybeds only in the deluxe category.

Hello. Yes, you can get bunkbeds i standard view rooms at AKL. Ours were wonderful and used to separate our boys! Also, Port Orleans Riverside has 2 double beds and a daybed. Hope that helps. Have fun planning your trip.

A standard room only sleeps 4 and an infant under 3. If you truly have 5 people above 3, you'll need to book a deluxe room at AK. I believe that there are bunks in the standard rooms.

There are definitely bunk beds in the standard rooms, we've had them twice. But, as the previous poster said, unless you have a child under 3 that can sleep in the pak-n-play, 5 people would not fit.

So will they even allow me to have 5 in a room? DD's are small and would fit okay in a twin bed. Everytime I think I have this 5 in a room thing figured out I get thrown a curve!!

Not in a standard room, if all people are over 3 years old. You'll need to get one of the deluxe rooms at the AKL then. If price is a concern, you can get 5 people in a room at PO Riverside in the Alligator Bayou section.

Using rack rates aprox $130 per night. A code rate would lower that difference to around $80 per night.

I just went to disneyworld.com and they have nothing at all available for AKL for Oct. 26 - Nov. 2. When I talked to them on the phone 3 days ago there was availability, how could that resort fill up that quickly?

When checking on Disneyworld.com, if you're looking to book anything else but a standard room, you must choose the custom package. That way you'll see all available room categories.

I just talked to CRO and they confirmed that there is availability but I need to book a deluxe savannah to sleep 5 and that is $87 more per night!! Ugh!! I think what I'm going to do is do the first 3 nights at AKL with just my dd's and when friend and her son come on day 4 we'll switch to the Poly. Or we may just do Poly for the first 3 nights and switch to POR on day 4. Oh this decision making is killing me!! I just thought dd's would love starting our vacation so close to MK but they would also love the animals and theme at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter