Burning Question about photo package.

Thank you so much for your reply. Your sailing is indeed recent and insightful. Once again, this is exactly how I have come to understand this photo package for such a long time.

Can I ask you a few follow up questions?
Were your rooms linked in any fashion? Dining Time?

>> yes we were linked together at dining time and table. when they came to take group shots at dinner, I would hand them my badge, they would take the pics.

Did they charge you extra for pictures of people not on your photo package? The one rep said they would charge you extra. Yeah... extra.

>> I had the all inclusive package. not sure what they are calling it, but on vacation I dont sweat the details so yep, prepaid the 'unlimited' plan. No they didn't charge me in addition for pictures with other members of the family with me. And for the most part ALL of our pics were group shots . sounds like you had quite the rep there!

"Once I had them to download I could distribute as I pleased" <--Right. And when I told her this, I had this unwarranted guilty feeling. I shouldn't have felt guilty. This is the most rational thing. Like sorry Disney, of course, I would share it with my family.... of course. And no, it makes no sense to have the other party just to have access... to the same photos.

From some reason I thought the photo thing was a third party thing like some of their shops. But yeah, it's crazy someone would try to suggest you cant distribute pics you bought. If they were that concerned they would have put in some DRM tool.

"In your case, I would be 95% sure it works as you think it does. For that nagging 5% doubt (and really, 2024 doesn't matter they could change it right before your cruise, or at least thats my kind of luck) Get the boarding group shot with everyone in it. And then go to the photo center (probably next day) and see if it's in your account. Trust but verify."

Exactly this. Trust but verify.

I do recognize a fellow planner, I tend to dive deep into details like this myself. In this case, I think you will be good to go.

It sounds as though the bulk of the party is your sister's family. In this situation, she should buy the unlimited photo package through her stateroom. Minor children in your stateroom would be included in her package. Then it's up to you to decide if you want to buy a package or simply buy a few extra pictures that are just you+DH.

Based on a later post about your party, you are trying to find a loophole. Your stateroom should NOT be receiving pictures of the other stateroom. Only pictures that include all of you. Why? Because it's the rules and you are trying to skirt around the rules to save money.
Thank you for the response. I am glad you mentioned this because I also asked of the scenario if it's best if my sister's stateroom has the package. She said it would not matter - I would have to buy one too. Like I said, the goal is to take group photos. She specifically mentioned that as long as someone in the other room is over 21 (me), using the rep's word, my sister wouldn't be able to get it. Also, one of the kid in my stateroom is my other sibling's kid. It's not her my sister's kid.

"Based on a later post about your party, you are trying to find a loophole. Your stateroom should NOT be receiving pictures of the other stateroom. Only pictures that include all of you. Why? Because it's the rules and you are trying to skirt around the rules to save money."

Is it a loophole? I guess so, but let's say the rules are as strict as the rep are saying. I speak plainly - sure! Am I trying to save money? Yes.

I paid for the entire party. Everyone on the trip - I paid for. It cost an arm and a leg to have this experience. So, forgive me, truthfully, to try to save some money over pictures. I would 100%. This whole entire trip would cost me nearly $20K. If my sister were to have the photo package, I'd be paying for it.

But, again, respectfully, is it really skirting the rules though? Or is the rules really not that strict based on everyone else' experience? There are people who have gone through this and have stated how they were able to get pictures of poeple included in their accoutn when the other party doesn't have it. My situation would be no different. And by the masses that have experience this, I wouldn't feel so bad to "skirt the rules" too. :) I haven't skirted any rule yet. I'm here out of curiosity.

And to answer the obvious question - "but you would it if you have the chance?" - well, yes! Because I feel so safe to do so if everyone else's experience give me peace to do so. You have mentioned it's likely the reps don't know what they're talking about. I am in agreement with that.

Last edited:
>> yes we were linked together at dining time and table. when they came to take group shots at dinner, I would hand them my badge, they would take the pics.

>> I had the all inclusive package. not sure what they are calling it, but on vacation I dont sweat the details so yep, prepaid the 'unlimited' plan. No they didn't charge me in addition for pictures with other members of the family with me. And for the most part ALL of our pics were group shots . sounds like you had quite the rep there!

From some reason I thought the photo thing was a third party thing like some of their shops. But yeah, it's crazy someone would try to suggest you cant distribute pics you bought. If they were that concerned they would have put in some DRM tool.

I do recognize a fellow planner, I tend to dive deep into details like this myself. In this case, I think you will be good to go.

Thank you for your response! :)

I think your experience will be the experience that I too will have.

She specifically mentioned that as long as someone in the other room is over 21 (me), using the rep's word, my sister wouldn't be able to get it.

I think we are dealing with a question of semantics here. "To get," What does that mean?

My experience has been when I am paying for the package (unlimited digital package), and I am in the picture, if I give the photographer my badge, I "get" the picture regardless of whoever else is in the pic or their age. To "get" means to me, the photo goes into my account and I am given the option to download it later. If my son (age 32) is in the picture and has his own stateroom, and he has not paid for the package, he does NOT "get" the picture to download later from his account. If he wants to do that, he has to buy a package. That makes perfect sense to me.

And then after I download the pictures they are mine to do with what I want. Disney's photo page is VERY clear on that, "The professional photos you purchase during your sailing are printable, shareable, frameable reminders of your favorite moments with us. Plus, you can download all your photos to your personal device to easily share with family and friends."

It does NO say "unless they are on the cruise, then they have to pay for the package too. And by sharing we mean showing someone your scree, you are not allowed to send them a copy."

So it's clear to me, and has been my experience, I pay for the package, I am in the picture, I get the picture to download and do with what I want. I dont see how that can be construed as 'cheating.'

Likewise, I pay for a package, but I am NOT in the picture, I do NOT 'get' the picture. Didn't pay for it.

I think we are dealing with a question of semantics here. "To get," What does that mean?

My experience has been when I am paying for the package (unlimited digital package), and I am in the picture, if I give the photographer my badge, I "get" the picture regardless of whoever else is in the pic or their age. To "get" means to me, the photo goes into my account and I am given the option to download it later. If my son (age 32) is in the picture and has his own stateroom, and he has not paid for the package, he does NOT "get" the picture to download later from his account. If he wants to do that, he has to buy a package. That makes perfect sense to me.

And then after I download the pictures they are mine to do with what I want. Disney's photo page is VERY clear on that, "The professional photos you purchase during your sailing are printable, shareable, frameable reminders of your favorite moments with us. Plus, you can download all your photos to your personal device to easily share with family and friends."

It does NO say "unless they are on the cruise, then they have to pay for the package too. And by sharing we mean showing someone your scree, you are not allowed to send them a copy."

So it's clear to me, and has been my experience, I pay for the package, I am in the picture, I get the picture to download and do with what I want. I dont see how that can be construed as 'cheating.'

Likewise, I pay for a package, but I am NOT in the picture, I do NOT 'get' the picture. Didn't pay for it.
I just want to give you a hug. Can I give you a virtual hug? Lol.

Exactly this.

What you’ve written here is exactly how I understand it.

“To get” as in access to see them, download them.. to the same photos literally because most if not all will be group.

Again, my entire party would be give the memo: my stateroom has the photo package, if my sister and her husband wants a photo, they can take it with me, or one of her kids that are in my room. Cause if I buy the package, it applies to everyone in my stateroom. Her daughters are with their cousin in my room. LOL. You know? I’m such a good uncle, they will be sleeping in the bed, I am sleeping on the couch. XD. I love my family. And I can’t stand them at the same time.

And if my sister and her husband wants pictures by themselves - we do have iPhones. Ahahaha, they would need to accept that. I am okay with that. They will be OK with that - you know why? I paid for their cruise fare. End of story.

Oh not end of story yet - we also have swimming with dolphins. I know dolphin discovery gonna have to make me put on my bargaining hat to get that photo package down from $400 to $200. Anything it takes to save money: psh, in a heart beat!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter