Bus or Uber?

Disneyguy1

Earning My Ears
We have a trip coming up next week and I have read where the bus transportation system is taking a lot longer than normal. We will be staying at Disney's Pop Century so we will be able to use the Skyliner for HS and Epcot (which, from our understanding is running normal and quickly?) However, for MK, AK, and DS, would it be better to use Uber? I would love to hear everybody's thoughts and opinions on this who has been there since reopening (If you have not been there, please reserve your opinions - I am only looking to hear from people who have personal experience with the bus system since reopening).

I have bussed from Disney Springs and also from the parks to various resorts and back to parks. I can tell you that at peak times (park opening times) it is quiet hectic but off peak is not that bad. If you are budgeting right now, I would save some for Uber/Lyft for those days that you absolutely need to hit rope drop

We will be staying at Disney's Pop Century so we will be able to use the Skyliner for HS and Epcot (which, from our understanding is running normal and quickly?)
Set you expectations for the Skyliner. In the morning there are some long delays as large groups of guests line up before the Skyliner routes open. They normally open right at 9 AM but it can take up to 45 minutes to reach HS from Pop.

Only one party per gondola and the opening of CBR has slowed the transfers (morning rush). After the initial rush there are no Skyliner issues as long as the weather cooperates.

Dave

To add to @yulilin3 comments about park opening / peak times on the buses. If you chose Uber/Lyft don't plan to arrive too early as the parking / drop-off (Toll booths) don't open until right round 9 AM (few minutes early or late) for HS.

Dave

We have a trip coming up next week and I have read where the bus transportation system is taking a lot longer than normal. We will be staying at Disney's Pop Century so we will be able to use the Skyliner for HS and Epcot (which, from our understanding is running normal and quickly?) However, for MK, AK, and DS, would it be better to use Uber? I would love to hear everybody's thoughts and opinions on this who has been there since reopening (If you have not been there, please reserve your opinions - I am only looking to hear from people who have personal experience with the bus system since reopening).
The bus for our party of two was fine. We got to the bus about 30-45 min before park open to MK (we were assuming they were to open the park gate earlier than the stated time) and had no issues. If you have a larger party it may be an issue to all be on the same bus as the bus seating is approx 50% or less capacity than what it normally would be. You can’t stand on the buses anymore as the straps to hold on to have all been zip tied off. For park open and close I could see how the buses might make you wait longer than pre covid times. We had no issues for the skyliner to HS. We got in line 30 min prior to the stated run time open of 9 am and were one of the first few parties on. At 8:50 or so there was a relatively long line to get on from the riviera. My suggestion if you want to rope drop HS is to plan on being to the sky liner 30 min prior to the stated time the skyliner runs which is 1 hour before park open. Epcot with the later park open you should have no issues with the sky liner.

I have bussed from Disney Springs and also from the parks to various resorts and back to parks. I can tell you that at peak times (park opening times) it is quiet hectic but off peak is not that bad. If you are budgeting right now, I would save some for Uber/Lyft for those days that you absolutely need to hit rope drop

I arrive Thursday. I appreciate the opinion of someone who was just there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts