But Did You Die? A December 2019 TR *COMPLETE 12/13*

Bo-at, I don’t Speak French

As per usual at Disney, I could not sleep. I must have woken up five times in the night. By 6, I was done pretending to sleep, and up for the day. C is an early riser any day of the year, so he also got up, when he heard me getting ready. We went down to the Marketplace and got breakfast for everyone. I toasted a bagel for Joe and I, and then had to find a way to carry it all upstairs. C was very little help, and I could feel the bagel burning a whole in my arm. I was so grateful to get to the room. I actually did get a little burn.

Connor and I took our breakfast out on the balcony to not disturb anyone one.

The view isn’t much, but I did like the porthole design.

My delicious breakfast

Joe and J woke up as we were eating, so we swapped out with them.

We let N sleep as long as possible, which is for the good of the family.

Once everyone was up and ready to go, we headed out for the day. N was leading the way in his Pluto hat.

We had the best bus luck this trip, which honestly is a nice change of pace from our usual terrible bus luck. The app never worked for me the whole trip, for bus times or checking dining credits or room charges, so we were always unsure when a bus would come until we actually got to the bus stop. We never waited more than 10 minutes anywhere, and more often than not we were walking up and within a few minutes on a bus. That was the case this morning.

We got MK about 20 minutes before the park opened. We were in no real rush, so we stopped for some photos in the hub area.

The best we could get when a 9-year-old is your photographer.

We gathered near the Adventureland entrance, so wait for the “rope drop”.

Once the park opened, we headed straight for Jingle Cruise. We’ve gotten pretty stale with our MK touring, but it works, and we always get so much done, so we stick with it.

I loved all the homemade decorations in the queue.

We got on the second boat of the day, the Icicle Irma.

Look at this snowman:lovestruc

We really enjoy this holiday overlay. The jokes are just as good, and I don’t feel the decorations detract from the attraction. The boys really enjoyed it, C is always one for a good pun.

Overall, we really enjoyed Jingle Cruise. Our next stop of the day was at Pirates. The walkways had cleared after the initial rope drop crowd, and the Pirates League pirates were out having some fun with the guests. They were thoroughly confused by N extra set of ears.

On pirates, I had tried to get everyone to pose for the picture. This is what I got.

C and J’s faces are hilarious though. My goal this trip was to take pictures of ride scenes that I haven’t captured before. I always end up taking pictures of the same things every time. SO here are my “different” and crappy Pirates pictures.

It’s different because the Redhead isn’t the focus.:rotfl2:

Despite the bad pictures, it was a good ride. N however hated it, so there’s that. We stopped to use the restroom, and found this little treasure cove I’ve never noticed. Future pirates needed their picture for their vision boards.

We also did some pic trading in the Pirates store, which the boys really enjoyed. Our final ride stop in Adventureland would be on the Magic Carpet ride.

N seems unsure.

Last edited:
You have to if you’re staying at the Poly! Thye have ALL the kid food, they don’t always remember to offer it, but we just ask now when they bring out the salad. It’s perfect for our family.
Ill be adding it to the list... hopefully i can find one!

As per usual at Disney, I could not sleep. I must have woken up five times in the night. By 6, I was done pretending to sleep, and up for the day. C is an early riser any day of the year, so he also got up, when he heard me getting ready. We went down to the Marketplace and got breakfast for everyone. I toasted a bagel for Joe and I, and then had to find a way to carry it all upstairs. C was very little help, and I could feel the bagel burning a whole in my arm. I was so grateful to get to the room. I actually did get a little burn.

EKK that doesnt look to good! Hoping it looks worse then it was!

I hear this, Can someone let me sleep for the good of the family :rotfl2:

Off to a good MK start! Pirates and Jingle Cruise... not a bad start to a morning in my book!

Sounds like a great start to the day! And hey if you're touring plan isnt broke, why fix it? I'm glad you have a routine that works for you!

I’m always wondering why they even bother to ask you if you’ve dined there before and when you say yes they proceed to tell you how ding there works. Why ask then?!
Because somebody once answered that they had dined there before, but it turns out that was 30 years ago. Then when they didn't understand how it worked, they got irate. Disney has to treat us all like idiots because of the idiots.
Good call!
e really enjoy this holiday overlay. The jokes are just as good, and I don’t feel the decorations detract from the attraction. The boys really enjoyed it, C is always one for a good pun.
I like it a lot too! I always enjoy the Jungle Cruise, but the holiday overlay makes for a nice change of pace and I love that it gives the skippers some new material to work with.
On pirates, I had tried to get everyone to pose for the picture. This is what I got.
Well, at least you tried! looks like Joe should have explained the idea a little bit sooner! :rotfl:

EKK that doesnt look to good! Hoping it looks worse then it was!
It was, the redness only lasted a few hours, but man it hurt.

I hear this, Can someone let me sleep for the good of the family :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: right?!

Sounds like a great start to the day! And hey if you're touring plan isnt broke, why fix it? I'm glad you have a routine that works for you!
So true! We always get so much done doing it this way.

Because somebody once answered that they had dined there before, but it turns out that was 30 years ago. Then when they didn't understand how it worked, they got irate. Disney has to treat us all like idiots because of the idiots.
::yes:: This answer is amazing, and sadly probably true.

I like it a lot too! I always enjoy the Jungle Cruise, but the holiday overlay makes for a nice change of pace and I love that it gives the skippers some new material to work with.
Wouldn't it be awesome if they changed up the spiel more often? Think of how fun it would be then.

Well, at least you tried! looks like Joe should have explained the idea a little bit sooner! :rotfl:
We talked about it in line, but my guess is he is too late in reminding them :rotfl2:

Can't wait to read more! I gigle every time I read your title...it was a phrase I used often when my son was young! :)

Love your trip report so far! We live on Lake Michigan about 40 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids. We are taking our boys for their 3rd trip in April. They are so excited for Galaxy's Edge. Can't wait to hear your experience there.

Great start to yalls day. I have to say I love his Pluto hat! It is so cute!
I know, I love his Pluto hat. I don't think they sell them anymore, which is sad. But he loves that thing.

Can't wait to read more! I gigle every time I read your title...it was a phrase I used often when my son was young! :)
I mean it is an accurate phraser to use in all sorts of parenting situations.

Love your trip report so far! We live on Lake Michigan about 40 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids. We are taking our boys for their 3rd trip in April. They are so excited for Galaxy's Edge. Can't wait to hear your experience there.
So cool, we used to live in Big Rapids, an hour north of Grand Rapids. We loved GE, I can't wait to share all about it here.

Joining in, looks like a great start. I love all your Epcot pictures!
We had a corner room at YC and Loved it! It was so awesome and we had a view of Crescent Lake. YC has soared up to the top of my resort lists now!
The boys sure look like they are enjoying themselves so far!

Joining in, looks like a great start. I love all your Epcot pictures!
We had a corner room at YC and Loved it! It was so awesome and we had a view of Crescent Lake. YC has soared up to the top of my resort lists now!
The boys sure look like they are enjoying themselves so far!
Thanks for following along! I didn't think I'd like Yacht Club as much as I did, but we quickly fell in love.

If I took you out of school for vacation, than you’re gonna learn

We were already ahead in our touring plan, so we stopped to do a classic, Tiki Room.

N made himself right at home.

The boys really enjoy this show, I think they are fascinated my the animatronics. Still ahead of schedule, we decided to reward are hard touring with a dole whip. J doesn’t like pineapple, so I got us a vanilla float, and he just scraped the vanilla parts that weren’t touching juice.

Everyone else shared a regular float.

Tummies filled with pineapple goodness, we of course needed to shake that up. We had our first FP for Big Thunder. The boys were very excited to find out that they all could ride together.

This here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness.

I love seeing the castle from the Frontierland rides.

Big Thunder is always a hit with my boys. They have varying levels of thrill enjoyment, so it’s a blessing to find a thrill ride we can all enjoy. We had ridden BTMRR, and the end of the window, which meant we could hop right over and do our second FP at Splash. C hates Splash, because he thinks he is going to fly out, N just hates it, and J has never ridden it. All three were not happy about having to ride. I used to be of the school of thought that I would never make my kids ride something they are scared of. But now having been so many times, I have learned that kids just don’t know what they want. I have had them be terrified of a ride, and come off loving it. I have had them excited to conquer a ride, and come off hating it. My new rule is, they have to try the ride once a trip, and if they come off hating it, I won’t make them ride it again that trip. I warned them way ahead of time, but none of them were too happy with us.

I distracted them by pointing out how prominently Brer Bear’s butt is displayed throughout the ride. I have boys, I know my audience. :rotfl2:

J initially said he hated it, but then he admitted he actually loved it and wanted to ride again. The other two initially hated it and still hate it. You win some, you lose some.:confused3

We tried to do Country Bear Jamboree next, but sadly it was not operating that day. This is an attraction that the boys have yet to do. We opted for another show instead, Hall of Presidents.

The boys weren’t super thrilled about it, but I told them if they were going to miss school then they we’re gonna learn on vacation. That is my free parenting lesson for the day.
Your Welcome GIF by memecandy

Our final FP for the day was at Haunted Mansion.

I asked Joe to take a picture with me in my Merry Christmas Ya Foolish Mortals shirt, and this is what I got.

Excuse me hun, you kind of missed most of the shirt, so he gives me two more gems.

:rolleyes2This is why I am the photographer in the family. N was very scared of this attraction, but the other two love it.

We were pretending to be scared, I think N’s is real though.

Last edited:
N made himself right at home.
Well, most of the show is overhead, so it makes sense.
Big Thunder is always a hit with my boys. They have varying levels of thrill enjoyment, so it’s a blessing to find a thrill ride we can all enjoy.
Love BTMRR! I'm glad they all enjoy it and can enjoy it together as long as they all 3 fit in that seat.
J initially said he hated it, but then he admitted he actually loved it and wanted to ride again. The other two initially hated it and still hate it. You win some, you lose some.:confused3
I get it… I used to hate Splash, but it was because I didn't like getting my clothes and shoes all wet. Now I just dress more appropriately in clothes that will dry quickly instead of cotton.
The boys weren’t super thrilled about it, but I told them if they were going to miss school then they we’re gonna learn on vacation. That is my free parenting lesson for the day.
I like it!
:rolleyes2This is why I am the photographer in the family. N was very scared of this attraction, but the other two love it.
:rotfl2: At least he tried! And tried again! And again!

Sounds like a great time! I had to laugh at DH's attempt to take a pic of you with your shirt :rotfl:
I'll never have an Instagram husband, that's for sure.

Well, most of the show is overhead, so it makes sense.
I think it was more laziness, but your interpretation is nicer :rotfl:

:rotfl2: At least he tried! And tried again! And again!
A for effort

I like it!
I gotta at least pretend I'm a responsible parent, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!