But Did You Die? A December 2019 TR *COMPLETE 12/13*

It’s supposed to be ooey gooey, I feel lied to

After Haunted Mansion, it was time for a new to us dining experience. First though the boys had to be put in the stocks, for disliking some classic MK attractions that morning.

Our ADR was at Liberty Tree Tavern.

We were seated right away, which was a blessing, we were all starving. The boys had fun coloring.

I contemplated getting the feast, but opted for the turkey instead.

This was AMAZING! I have never had turkey so moist before. Joe got the pot roast.

This was so tender and flavorful. We had each given the other a slice of meat so we could try both. Each of us loved our own the best though. We had a truly enjoyable experience here, I think it has to go on the list for a revisit. For dessert we got the ooey gooey toffee cake.

Joe loved it, he said it was up there with Ohana’s bread pudding, which coming from Joe is a high honor. I on the other had was disappointed. I found it neither ooey or gooey. The cake itself was crumbly and dry. The flavor was good, but I just went in expecting something different and was let down. Overall though, I would definitely come back here, we all left happy and full.

The original plan had been to head out for the day, but it a sin for our family to come to MK and not ride the peoplemover, so we trekked across the park. We came across Mickey’s Friendship Faire and stopped for a minute to watch.

Then we were back on our way to Tomorrowland.

Once we get on the Peoplemover, we feel like we’re home.

It had been a perfect morning, but now it was time to head back to the hotel to relax. We got an old bus and N wanted to sit on the weird two-seat front facing row.

When we got back to the room we had this waiting on the bed.

The offer for the DVC tour was only three free FPs, which I’m sorry but if I’m gonna take hours out of my vacation you better at least give FP that are worth something. You can’t even use these on any rides that have opened 2014 later, no thanks.

We got changed into our swimsuits and headed to the pool. This time we hung out in the main pool area. We all went down the slide a few times. It was cold getting out and weird to walk out with people coming to and from Epcot, but we had fun. Then the boys played trivia in the big pool, while Joe and I just relaxed.

Thoroughly rested and pooled out, we get ready for our evening in Animal Kingdom. I loved the garland at the AK bus stop.

Each evening we would go into the parks bagless. It was so nice to be unencumbered and free. Joe had been videoing the Animal Kingdom tree as we walked through the entrance. Since there were so few people going through the bagless line, I guess we stood out and a security guard pulled us aside. She asked Joe what he had videoed, and he said the tree. She went on to explain that videoing is not allowed until you are in the park, which I have never heard before. If they are going to harass innocent families, they should probably post that to avoid such awkward encounters. She then asked to view Joe’s video, because she didn’t believe that he was videoing the tree. He obliged and she told him to delete it. It was honestly not a super pleasant experience. My kids were worried we were in some kind of trouble, and we assured them we weren’t. I do understand why they don’t want their security filmed, but as Joe pointed out, once we were behind them we could video all we wanted and they wouldn’t know because their backs were turned to us. I just feel like stopping a family just wanting to have fun in the parks was a little over the top. If we really had nefarious intentions there’s about a hundred ways we could get a record of Disney’s security proceedings, and secretly filming them while pretending to video a tree wouldn’t be one of them.

Quickly trying to move past our less then friendly welcome to Animal Kingdom, we stopped for a picture in front of the tree.

One of my favorite pictures from the whole trip.

When we got to Discovery Island the Merry Menagerie was out, so we stopped to check it out.

N was intimidated by the bigger puppets, but he loved the ones that were his size.

For months the boys, particularly J had been bugging me about Dinosaur. They wanted to ride it as many times as possible, so the priority for the night, was to get on it. I couldn’t get a fourth FP for it, so standby it would be. On the way over, Kevin was out. C stopped to say hello.

Sadly, there was a sign out that said Dinoland USA would be closing at 6. It was a little frustrating, because other than the signs this was not publicly posted anywhere. I had planned on seeing it all lit up at night, and J wanted to spend a lot of time here. We basically had to get in, get that dino, and get out.

Last edited:
I don't think I commented on your last post- but I LOVE your HM shirt! My 4 year old watched Home Alone for the first time this year, and said that tagline a bazillion times this holiday season! What did Joe's shirt say?

I am trying LTT for the first time in April. Trying to decide if the Feast will be worth it. LOL!

SOOOO weird your welcome to AK! I've never heard of such a thing- and what a bummer they closed DinoLand so early! I hope the rest of your night goes more smoothly.

Sounds like a fun time at the pool!

What a super strange situation walking into AK! Seemed so unnecessary!

Love the pics you got in front of the Christmas tree though!

Since there were so few people going through the bagless line, I guess we stood out and a security guard pulled us aside. She asked Joe what he had videoed, and he said the tree. She went on to explain that videoing is not allowed until you are in the park, which I have never heard before. If they are going to harass innocent families, they should probably post that to avoid such awkward encounters. She then asked to view Joe’s video, because she didn’t believe that he was videoing the tree. He obliged and she told him to delete it
At last year's Dreams 20th Party the podcast team did a live podcast. At one point Pete described Disney security as "a bag of ducks!"* Based on your experience and what another poster experienced at Hoop Dee Doo with security plus a few things that I've seen/experienced he's not wrong. *I'm pretty sure it was "ducks";)

Loving your report too as I wanted to see what Christmas looked like at WDW as I haven't been...yet!

This was so tender and flavorful. We had each given the other a slice of meat so we could try both. Each of us loved our own the best though. We had a truly enjoyable experience here, I think it has to go on the list for a revisit. For dessert we got the ooey gooey toffee cake.
I loved LTT when I went! Definitely get the feast another time - I loved the mac and cheese!
Each evening we would go into the parks bagless. It was so nice to be unencumbered and free. Joe had been videoing the Animal Kingdom tree as we walked through the entrance. Since there were so few people going through the bagless line, I guess we stood out and a security guard pulled us aside. She asked Joe what he had videoed, and he said the tree. She went on to explain that videoing is not allowed until you are in the park, which I have never heard before. If they are going to harass innocent families, they should probably post that to avoid such awkward encounters. She then asked to view Joe’s video, because she didn’t believe that he was videoing the tree. He obliged and she told him to delete it. It was honestly not a super pleasant experience. My kids were worried we were in some kind of trouble, and we assured them we weren’t. I do understand why they don’t want their security filmed, but as Joe pointed out, once we were behind them we could video all we wanted and they wouldn’t know because their backs were turned to us. I just feel like stopping a family just wanting to have fun in the parks was a little over the top. If we really had nefarious intentions there’s about a hundred ways we could get a record of Disney’s security proceedings, and secretly filming them while pretending to video a tree wouldn’t be one of them.
Ugh, that just sounds ridiculous! It's not like it's an airport or any type of security like that!

I love your Haunted Mansion shirt and I have almost the same ears!

We always liked Liberty Tree but were disappointed last time we ate there but maybe it's time to give it another chance.

I've heard different vloggers mention that they don't like them to film when they're going to security but that lady seemed to take it too far. Once it was clear he was filming the tree, she should've apologized and left you guys alone or just approached the whole situation differently.

Your morning in MK sounded perfect. Looked like everyone was happy and having fun. I love LTT and have a reservation there for our March trip. I agree the dessert isn't ooey or gooey but I do love it. Your favorite picture was frame-worthy for sure! Wow - I was really taken aback reading about your AK security issue. I've never heard of that "rule". Asking him to delete it was really over the edge! Hope the rest of your evening goes well!

This was so tender and flavorful. We had each given the other a slice of meat so we could try both. Each of us loved our own the best though. We had a truly enjoyable experience here, I think it has to go on the list for a revisit.
I love LTT! I'm glad you enjoyed your meals there, even if the dessert didn't meet your expectations.
The offer for the DVC tour was only three free FPs, which I’m sorry but if I’m gonna take hours out of my vacation you better at least give FP that are worth something. You can’t even use these on any rides that have opened 2014 later, no thanks.
Yeah... 3 limited use FPs are not going to make up for spending a few hours listening to a sales pitch. Sorry.
Each evening we would go into the parks bagless. It was so nice to be unencumbered and free.
That has to feel amazing to finally get back to that point.
She asked Joe what he had videoed, and he said the tree. She went on to explain that videoing is not allowed until you are in the park, which I have never heard before. If they are going to harass innocent families, they should probably post that to avoid such awkward encounters. She then asked to view Joe’s video, because she didn’t believe that he was videoing the tree. He obliged and she told him to delete it. It was honestly not a super pleasant experience.
This could really ruin an evening. I'm frustrated just reading that. Are you telling me the thousands of Disney bloggers and Youtubers don't take videos outside the entrance. What if you'd just showed up, took a video and left without ever approaching security? Would they run you down in the parking lot? This is just stupid. There's just something about AK security. We've had several instances going into that park where security just seems over the top compared to the other parks and just some awkward interactions with security CM's there.
Sadly, there was a sign out that said Dinoland USA would be closing at 6. It was a little frustrating, because other than the signs this was not publicly posted anywhere. I had planned on seeing it all lit up at night, and J wanted to spend a lot of time here. We basically had to get in, get that dino, and get out.
That stinks. I'm sorry that you had that unpleasant surprise when you got to Dinoland, but at least you made it in time to ride.

WOW! That AK security thing would have really upset me. I've taken photos of my boyfriend being searched in security there (its always him!) and security have never said anything. Sounds like you got someone really over the top.

First though the boys had to be put in the stocks, for disliking some classic MK attractions that morning.
😆
She went on to explain that videoing is not allowed until you are in the park, which I have never heard before.
????? I find this weird and not cool the way she handled it. While I GUESS I see a little bit of a point(?) I have never heard of this and I have good friends who vlog down there all the time! Sorry you had to deal with that it does truly affect the rest of the night.
When we got to Discovery Island the Merry Menagerie was out, so we stopped to check it out.
We were able to see this in Dec. and I thought they were adorable! I good addition to the holiday offerings at AK

We were already ahead in our touring plan, so we stopped to do a classic, Tiki Room.
Nothing like the Tiki room!
Big Thunder is always a hit with my boys. They have varying levels of thrill enjoyment, so it’s a blessing to find a thrill ride we can all enjoy. We had ridden BTMRR, and the end of the window, which meant we could hop right over and do our second FP at Splash. C hates Splash, because he thinks he is going to fly out, N just hates it, and J has never ridden it. All three were not happy about having to ride. I used to be of the school of thought that I would never make my kids ride something they are scared of. But now having been so many times, I have learned that kids just don’t know what they want. I have had them be terrified of a ride, and come off loving it. I have had them excited to conquer a ride, and come off hating it. My new rule is, they have to try the ride once a trip, and if they come off hating it, I won’t make them ride it again that trip. I warned them way ahead of time, but none of them were too happy with us.
We made our boys try a ride once too. My favourite line is from Jamie (then 6) after riding the Great Movie Ride saying "Mummy, you must hate me to make me do that". Poor little guy....he was not impressed with the alien dropping down!
I asked Joe to take a picture with me in my Merry Christmas Ya Foolish Mortals shirt, and this is what I got.
Husbands!!
Our ADR was at Liberty Tree Tavern.
Thinking of booking this for my trip with Jack this summer.
The original plan had been to head out for the day, but it a sin for our family to come to MK and not ride the peoplemover, so we trekked across the park. We came across Mickey’s Friendship Faire and stopped for a minute to watch.
Riding the Peoplemover is a must!
What???? What is going on with Disney security lately? So many bad stories!
One of my favorite pictures from the whole trip.
Love it!

Hi there! Following along your trip report and I am loving it!

You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing your photos of YC. My husband I are taking our daughter there for the first time in the fall and we cant wait to stay there. Your days seem so well organized. I like the idea of breaking up the parks by going back to the hotel to relax and swim. I can't wait to read more.

I don't think I commented on your last post- but I LOVE your HM shirt! My 4 year old watched Home Alone for the first time this year, and said that tagline a bazillion times this holiday season! What did Joe's shirt say?
Thanks, I love combining my fvaorite Christmas movie with Disney. Joe's shirt said, "I'll do it Tomorrowland", which is a very Joe thing ::yes::

I am trying LTT for the first time in April. Trying to decide if the Feast will be worth it. LOL!
Based on what we had, I would go with yes. Everything was so good, and you can never have too much of a good thing right?

SOOOO weird your welcome to AK! I've never heard of such a thing- and what a bummer they closed DinoLand so early! I hope the rest of your night goes more smoothly.
I think its ridiculous they stopped and harassed us, but whatever. The Dinoland thing was super disappointing, we did have a good time though.

Sounds like a fun time at the pool!

What a super strange situation walking into AK! Seemed so unnecessary!

Love the pics you got in front of the Christmas tree though!
It was not welcome hello to animal kingdom, but the tree pics definitely make up for it.

At last year's Dreams 20th Party the podcast team did a live podcast. At one point Pete described Disney security as "a bag of ducks!"* Based on your experience and what another poster experienced at Hoop Dee Doo with security plus a few things that I've seen/experienced he's not wrong. *I'm pretty sure it was "ducks";)
:rotfl2:I've heard the Disney security is mostly security theater. I still appreciate the security, but this felt completely overboard.

Loving your report too as I wanted to see what Christmas looked like at WDW as I haven't been...yet!
Thanks, I went overboard on my Disney Christmas pictures, so hopefully you'll get a good feel. Hope you get there over the holidays soon.

I loved LTT when I went! Definitely get the feast another time - I loved the mac and cheese!
I think I will go for the feast, it will be worth it.

Ugh, that just sounds ridiculous! It's not like it's an airport or any type of security like that!
She kinda seemed like she was on a power trip :rolleyes2

I love your Haunted Mansion shirt and I have almost the same ears!
They're my favorite ears. Got them on Etsy, before Disney was making new ears every week.

We always liked Liberty Tree but were disappointed last time we ate there but maybe it's time to give it another chance.
You should, we all thought it was good. Maybe you went on an off night.

I've heard different vloggers mention that they don't like them to film when they're going to security but that lady seemed to take it too far. Once it was clear he was filming the tree, she should've apologized and left you guys alone or just approached the whole situation differently.
After it happened to us, I had a vague memory of this happening to another vlogger. But to literally ask to see our video, and our kids were just standing there very afraid, it was sooooo inappropriate.

Your morning in MK sounded perfect. Looked like everyone was happy and having fun. I love LTT and have a reservation there for our March trip. I agree the dessert isn't ooey or gooey but I do love it. Your favorite picture was frame-worthy for sure! Wow - I was really taken aback reading about your AK security issue. I've never heard of that "rule". Asking him to delete it was really over the edge! Hope the rest of your evening goes well!
Like if they are going to have this rule, have a sign posted. Don't accost unsuspecting guests.

I love LTT! I'm glad you enjoyed your meals there, even if the dessert didn't meet your expectations.
We can't wait to go back.

Yeah... 3 limited use FPs are not going to make up for spending a few hours listening to a sales pitch. Sorry.
:sad2:
That has to feel amazing to finally get back to that point.
I thought I would miss having a stroller, and I did sometimes, but it is so freeing too.

This could really ruin an evening. I'm frustrated just reading that. Are you telling me the thousands of Disney bloggers and Youtubers don't take videos outside the entrance. What if you'd just showed up, took a video and left without ever approaching security? Would they run you down in the parking lot? This is just stupid. There's just something about AK security. We've had several instances going into that park where security just seems over the top compared to the other parks and just some awkward interactions with security CM's there.
I agree, AK does have the worst security. I was too shocked and a little embarrassed at the time, but looking back it making me mad. At least now we know not to do it.

That stinks. I'm sorry that you had that unpleasant surprise when you got to Dinoland, but at least you made it in time to ride.
Thank goodness we went there first, can't imagine the whining I would have had to endure had we not.

WOW! That AK security thing would have really upset me. I've taken photos of my boyfriend being searched in security there (its always him!) and security have never said anything. Sounds like you got someone really over the top.
Yeah, I really don't know what this security person was thinking, all that "power" gone to her head I suppose.

following ....
:wave2: Thanks for following

😆

????? I find this weird and not cool the way she handled it. While I GUESS I see a little bit of a point(?) I have never heard of this and I have good friends who vlog down there all the time! Sorry you had to deal with that it does truly affect the rest of the night.

We were able to see this in Dec. and I thought they were adorable! I good addition to the holiday offerings at AK
We forgot about it quickly, but looking back it does make me mad. I mean our kids just stood there watching their dad get harassed for something that really ins't a big deal. >:(

We made our boys try a ride once too. My favourite line is from Jamie (then 6) after riding the Great Movie Ride saying "Mummy, you must hate me to make me do that". Poor little guy....he was not impressed with the alien dropping down!
That's so funny, because I didn't want to take my boys on that because I thought the Aline would scare them. But they ended up loving it, and that was the only trip we rode because then it got shut down :sad1:

Husbands!!
He takes the worst pictures of me, it's like he does it on purpose :rotfl2:

Thinking of booking this for my trip with Jack this summer.
Do it! I don't know why we slept on this so long.

Riding the Peoplemover is a must!
::yes::

What???? What is going on with Disney security lately? So many bad stories!
Oh no, what stories have you heard :oops:

Hi there! Following along your trip report and I am loving it!

You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing your photos of YC. My husband I are taking our daughter there for the first time in the fall and we cant wait to stay there. Your days seem so well organized. I like the idea of breaking up the parks by going back to the hotel to relax and swim. I can't wait to read more.
Thank you! We love the Yacht Club, hopefully you'll enjoy it. When I was planning my first trip the Unofficial Guide and Touring Plans, were my holy grail items. It is how I have continued to plan our trips each time, and I highly recommend it if you're an planner/organizer.

My Balls Are Hurtin’

The wait for Dino said 45 minutes, and the boys wanted to wait. Just after we got in line N had to go potty, so Joe got out of line with him and we agreed to meet up after the ride.

The wait was actually just 20 minutes, and we passed the time playing heads up.

Notice J’s head is down, that is his default position on any thrill ride. Despite what the picture shows, the boys love Dino. Meanwhile, Joe and N were meeting some characters.

Launchpad really liked Joe’s Ducktales shirt.

Since Dinoland was closing soon we decided to head out. J was very upset about having to leave, so he was in a bad mood from there on out. We decided to do It’s Tough to be a Bug next. We spotted Dug and Russell's cute Christmas trees.

There were some very unhappy kids in this show, they weren’t mine though. It was getting time for dinner, and we only had one restaurant in mind. We made our way over to Pandora, just as the sun was setting.

The area was even decorated for Christmas.

Our dinner this evening was at Satu’li Canteen. We did mobile order, but it was not busy here at all. Joe and I went with our usual beef bowl, with creamy herb sauce.

I think the boba balls might have been different this time they were fruity, and a little tart. Either way, every component of this dish is amazing! If I had one criticism this particular time, it was that the sauce was too much. It covered up some of the other flavors, but really it was still good.

We got our first Christmas cup too, so I was happy.

For dessert we got the white chocolate peppermint mousse. This was a seasonal offering that had just debuted the day before.

It was very good, the peppermint didn’t overpower it at all, which I am always worried about with minty desserts. After a filling dinner, we were off to use our final FP of the night. We passed through Asia which had been decorated for Diwali.

There was some dancing going on.

The boys had been promised an ice cream, so we were trying to get their ice cream and over to our ride quickly. We could see Rivers of Light ending and knew the area was about to be flooded with people. We got them their ice cream and then camped out in the stroller parking area next to EE, for them to eat. I could see some RoL and I am glad I made the decision to skip it, I don’t like what they’ve done with this show since my first viewing. Once their ice cream was devoured we got in line for our last FP, Expedition Everest. N needed to be measured and we all waited with bated breath to see if he made it. He was just tall enough to ride! Land of 44” rides here we come.

C and J were scared to ride, but we pressed on.

N was super excited though.

When I win mother of the year, they should show this picture.

N was so happy for the first bit of the ride' screaming weeeee!! About the part we started going backwards, the wees stopped and he was silent :oops: .

Let’s just zoom in on N here.

I changed my mind, they should show this picture when I win mother of the year.

The verdict from all three boys, they hated it. And with that wonderful memory, it was time to leave for the night. Animal Kingdom would still be open for another hour, but we had big plans the following morning and needed our beauty sleep. We stopped to view the Christmas Tree of Life Awakenings.

As we were leaving for the evening, Joe commented how well I was doing walking. I have been having some feet issues lately. I wanted to express how the balls of my feet were very sore. For some reason felt that saying all that was too much so what came out was, “My balls are hurtin’”. Not what I intended to say, but it got the message across:blush:.

When we got back to the hotel, it was all business. They boys got dressed in the next day’s clothes, to make getting ready easier. Joe and I prepped everything that we would need for the following morning. We were in bed and asleep by 8.

Tomorrow was going to be a very BIG day.

Last edited:
Great Pandora pics!

Oh no, sorry the boys didn't like EE! But other than that, sounds like a nice night at AK!

And sorry about your balls :rotfl2::rotfl:

I hope your balls are better :scared::smooth:
Your EE pictures remind me of the pictures from Chris's first ride on TOT, he looked like he was in the middle of a slow motion scream :rotfl2:and as a fellow mom of the year I found that hysterical!

Can't wait to see what you had planned for the next morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter