Buying Disney gift cards with Target gift cards

bweagle

DIS Veteran
Can it be done? Will Target allow you to use Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards? I just received $175 in Target gift cards through our insurance as a part of a health incentive rewards program and would like to apply them to our upcoming Disney trip.

Here is what we do. We go to Target to buy other things (milk, diapers, etc.) and then also purchase a bunch of Disney gift cards. We don't ask if we can use the Target cards (from the buy 2 get a $5 gc) nor for the Red Card. We just let them scan everything and go. We never have an issue.

I agree with PP. Thats the way we do it. I'll get a thing of milk and a few other things that I need to buy anyway and they never even question it.

mistysue said:
You wont need the extra stuff. Or I should say we don't at my store.

Same here. I don't buy extra stuff.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

You can buy disney gift cards on lilne at Target.com. You can enter your Target gift card information to purchase the card.

Here is what we do. We go to Target to buy other things (milk, diapers, etc.) and then also purchase a bunch of Disney gift cards. We don't ask if we can use the Target cards (from the buy 2 get a $5 gc) nor for the Red Card. We just let them scan everything and go. We never have an issue.

At my local Target this is what you have to do. They won't let you buy just a gift card using a Target Gift Card.

It works this way at my local Walgreens too.

Our local target allows you to buy a Disney gift card or ITunes or whatever type gift card (not sure about the visa or American express ones?) directly with target gift cards with no other purchase required. Never had a problem and have done it a dozen times or more. I guess it is a store by store policy?? :confused3

Our local target allows you to buy a Disney gift card or ITunes or whatever type gift card (not sure about the visa or American express ones?) directly with target gift cards with no other purchase required. Never had a problem and have done it a dozen times or more. I guess it is a store by store policy?? :confused3

It is not set by store. It's just that some store managers don't know their own corporate policies. Using target gift card to buy entertainment cards is allowed, to buy gift cards is not (like a Visa gift card).

I purchased Disney GCs using Target GCs I cashed in from Mypoints on Saturday. No additional purchases & no problems :thumbsup2

Yesterday I used my shopkicks to buy Disney gift cards. I redeem my points for Target gift cards and bought two Disney gift cards $50.00 each and paid with the target gift cards directly from my phone. I got $100 worth for free.

No other items bought, no questions asked.

I do it all the time. I also use target gift cards to buy xbox points and other cards. I do not make other purchases.

Last night I used the promo $10 card I got from buying laundry detergent to buy another gift card, no issues. You can't buy another target gift card and I don't know if you can buy a visa or mastercard but you can buy disney or any of the other cards they sell.

I did it last year before my last trip and plan on doing it again this year.

I'm bumping this up. I am so bummed. I just tried to purchase a $100 Target gift card using 4 $25 Target Gift Cards I earned through Swagbucks. I have used these in store before with no problems, but it has been about a year. When I went to check out I get this message:
  • Sorry, you can't use a Target GiftCard to purchase this type of card. Please choose another payment method.
Is this a new policy?

You can buy disney gift cards on lilne at Target.com. You can enter your Target gift card information to purchase the card.

I am so bummed. I just tried to purchase a $100 Target gift card online using 4 $25 Target Gift Cards I earned through Swagbucks. I have used these in store before with no problems, but it has been about a year. When I went to check out I get this message:
  • Sorry, you can't use a Target GiftCard to purchase this type of card. Please choose another payment method.

Wait! Did this happen at a Target store or online? I know one can no longer purchase the Disney gift cards with a Target gift card online, but you still can at the stores.

I am so bummed. I just tried to purchase a $100 Target gift card online using 4 $25 Target Gift Cards I earned through Swagbucks. I have used these in store before with no problems, but it has been about a year. When I went to check out I get this message:

Wait! Did this happen at a Target store or online? I know one can no longer purchase the Disney gift cards with a Target gift card online, but you still can at the stores.
You're correct @Purrrrfecta. It's been quite a while since Target .com made the change. But you can still buy a Disney GC with a Target GC in the store. I just did it yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!