Buying DVC-discounted APs on-site?

ammo

DIS Veteran
I have seen a lot of threads about buying AP vouchers ahead of time with the DVC discount and then waiting to activate them until you arrive on property. Here is my dumb question: can I wait until I arrive at WDW, walk up to a ticket counter and easily buy discounted APs by presenting my member card?

Thanks!

I have seen a lot of threads about buying AP vouchers ahead of time with the DVC discount and then waiting to activate them until you arrive on property. Here is my dumb question: can I wait until I arrive at WDW, walk up to a ticket counter and easily buy discounted APs by presenting my member card?

Thanks!

Yes, you can do that. We did that earlier this month on our trip and it went very smoothly. We went to guest relations to purchase them at DTD. We were told at check-in we would probably have to wait in long lines to get them at the parks. Just make sure that you, as you have said, have you DVC membership card, photo ID for each adult guest, and CC if you are paying for it that way. They would not let me charge it to our room for some reason.

IndianaMouseLover saud, you need to go to Guest Services, either outside one of the parks or at DtD. The regular park ticket windows and the concierge desks at the resorts do not handle APs.

Thanks Indy.

No problem! :goodvibes

Just as a side thought they will give you a little AP benefits booklet when you purchase. Make sure you keep the APs in the booklet or in another protector sleeve to protect the passes. They are pretty durable but can take a beating if not protected.

Also, if you should lose one or all of the APs Guest Services can reissue them as long as you show your DVC member card. Some how they keep it in their system that you bought and your activation date.

Enjoy!:thumbsup2

Thanks!
We always do that-I don't trust the mail system, nor do I trust the vouchers. One time they sent me a Florida residents AP voucher by mistake, so it's just easier to wait until we get to WDW. I've bought DVC APs at DTD, IG, and AK.

Great info. I'll be in FLA. for business soon. I guess I'll stop at DTD for my AP pass.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter