Buying the dining plan on a ticketless package for one guest with AP and one guest without

YawningDodo

DIS Veteran
Phew, long title there--in case it isn't clear from that, here's the scenario:

I have an annual pass. The friend with whom I'll be traveling next January does not have an annual pass and it's not a good value for her to get one, so we're planning to book a room-only reservation and get her ticket separately through UT for the discount. We will be staying in the same room, and want to add the dining plan to our reservation. Can we do that? If so, what hoops will I have to jump through as the one making the reservation? I'm not counting on getting an AP discount on the room since we're traveling during Marathon Weekend and I would bet our resort(s) of choice won't be included/won't have discounted inventory; I've heard that if you book a ticketless with an AP discount you can add the dining plan to it online, but if I'm not getting an AP discount can I still add the dining plan?

Currently we've got a reservation request on hold with a DVC broker, but only one of our picks had availability and they didn't have any DVC members with the resort-specific points needed to book that one. My understanding is that I can add a dining plan to a DVC reservation with no issue, which was one of the reasons we tried for a DVC rental (besides, you know, the upgrade to deluxe). Right now we're leaning toward waiting to see if they're able to get someone to book that for us, but if it all falls through we need to know what our other options are--namely, if we end up booking a regular resort room direct from WDW, whether we'll have to give up on the dining plan. For a variety of reasons, being on the dining plan would make things simpler and more enjoyable for us--we've already done the cost/benefit analysis pretty thoroughly. Switching to out of pocket would be doable but not preferable.

Phew, long title there--in case it isn't clear from that, here's the scenario:

I have an annual pass. The friend with whom I'll be traveling next January does not have an annual pass and it's not a good value for her to get one, so we're planning to book a room-only reservation and get her ticket separately through UT for the discount. We will be staying in the same room, and want to add the dining plan to our reservation. Can we do that? If so, what hoops will I have to jump through as the one making the reservation? I'm not counting on getting an AP discount on the room since we're traveling during Marathon Weekend and I would bet our resort(s) of choice won't be included/won't have discounted inventory; I've heard that if you book a ticketless with an AP discount you can add the dining plan to it online, but if I'm not getting an AP discount can I still add the dining plan?

Currently we've got a reservation request on hold with a DVC broker, but only one of our picks had availability and they didn't have any DVC members with the resort-specific points needed to book that one. My understanding is that I can add a dining plan to a DVC reservation with no issue, which was one of the reasons we tried for a DVC rental (besides, you know, the upgrade to deluxe). Right now we're leaning toward waiting to see if they're able to get someone to book that for us, but if it all falls through we need to know what our other options are--namely, if we end up booking a regular resort room direct from WDW, whether we'll have to give up on the dining plan. For a variety of reasons, being on the dining plan would make things simpler and more enjoyable for us--we've already done the cost/benefit analysis pretty thoroughly. Switching to out of pocket would be doable but not preferable.
Yes you just need to call and tell them you're booking a ticketless package. Then once your friend gets her ticket, you can link it to the reservation later

We have an ap ticketless package with dining booked for our upcoming trip in April.
there is only one ap holder in the party & we encountered no issues at all.

Awesome! Thanks for the replies, everyone! It's really reassuring to know that we don't have to totally overhaul our budget for food if we end up booking direct from Disney.

Just know that if you end using a DVC rental broker, you cannot call Disney yourself and add the dining plan. You'll have to go through whoever is handling your rental, and get it through them. Full payment is due at the time you book the dining plan doing it that way.

Does anybody know if you can still do the dining plan as an AP holder if you have a reservation through a group rate??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter