Buying US gift cards in New England

Mollygirl21

Mouseketeer
We're from NS, we have some US cash saved up and I'm going to Vermont this weekend. I'd like to buy some US Disney gift cards to use to buy park tickets for our 2024 trip.

Any advice on where to buy? We'll be in Bangor overnight and then a few nights in the northern part of Vermont.

Thanks!

The same type of places that sell them here will sell them there. Walmart is probably the most ubiquitous option. Just be careful with the money going back and forth from the US. CBP's limit I believe is still 10,000 without need to report. Canada is ambiguous currently, most paperwork says 10,000 but CRA requires reporting on any movement of cash money over 3,000 now.

There are a couple of really detailed threads here on the Boards that dive into gift card discounting. Using a Target red card and purchasing Disney gift cards at Target for a decent discount is one of the strategies. Of course, when I just looked, I can't find the threads. But if you do a search you should find the threads with a bit of digging.

There are a couple of really detailed threads here on the Boards that dive into gift card discounting. Using a Target red card and purchasing Disney gift cards at Target for a decent discount is one of the strategies. Of course, when I just looked, I can't find the threads. But if you do a search you should find the threads with a bit of digging.
I've come across those before and found they discussed a lot of different retailers that I'm not familiar with and most are regional. Hoping someone can chime in with New England specific advice 😊

I was looking into a target red card to get the 5% discount there but I don't think I can use cash to load the card and I don't think Canadians are eligible anyway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter