BWV Boardwalk view - Is it worth the extra points?

rwatson626

Mouseketeer
We are doing a split stay this Aug and the second half looking to stay at BWV 1 Bedroom. Is it worth the extra point's to stat in Boardwalk view?

Thanks
Ron

We stayed in a 1 bdr BWV there for the first time during Food and Wine last fall and loved it! We only needed a standard view studio but couldn't get that at 7 months out so were forced to use a few extra points. I expected to be disappointed but it was great - enjoyed the view and the great light. We didn't have any noise issues, which I was expecting. That said, we were there just 3 nights, so it wasn't a big point drain either. If you're staying a much longer time and since you're doing a split stay (where else?), it might not be worth it to you, especially if you won't be in the room much.

We stayed in a 1 bdr BWV there for the first time during Food and Wine last fall and loved it! We only needed a standard view studio but couldn't get that at 7 months out so were forced to use a few extra points. I expected to be disappointed but it was great - enjoyed the view and the great light. We didn't have any noise issues, which I was expecting. That said, we were there just 3 nights, so it wasn't a big point drain either. If you're staying a much longer time and since you're doing a split stay (where else?), it might not be worth it to you, especially if you won't be in the room much.

The first half would be 9 nights at a studio in BLT with a standard view. We have AP's so we don't have to hit the parks hard we can go more leisurely.

Bill, My other option would be standard 1 bedroom which is a 7 point difference. 28 compared to 35 points a night.

Thanks
Ron
So BLT for 9 nights and BWV for 9 nights? BLT is our home, and if you haven't stayed there, beware that a standard view studio there COULD have a lousy view and feels pretty cramped, so IMO after 9 days you may be very glad for the 1 bedroom and the nicer BW view. But IMO 63 points is a big chunk and only worth it to me then if you'll be in the room quite a bit. I suppose it comes down to how many points you have though. For me, I wouldn't do it but we don't have a huge contract.

DH and I were at the BW (MARCH)in a Boardwalk View room..4009....right next to BRG on our RIGHT...which obstructed all the view of the bw until we could see ESPN, Ample Hill,BW Bakery .....to the LEFT we could see all the way to Atlantic Dance.... the view across the lake of Y&BC was gorgeous....it was not as noisy as I thought it might be....it was however a long walk from the elevator....I would ask in the future to be over BRG ....

Bill, My other option would be standard 1 bedroom which is a 7 point difference. 28 compared to 35 points a night.

Thanks
Ron

For us the view from the room is as important as going to the parks. The BWV standard view is just that, standard, a view of the resort driveway. The boardwalk view is a much nicer view IMO.

Boardwalk.jpg
:earsboy: Bill

Yes! We've stayed BW view 2x (grand villa and 1 bed) and loved it! My kids loved the scenery. Honestly, we didn't find noise to be a huge factor. I know sometimes people complain it's a bit noisy. Loved the Boardwalk at sunrise/set and our kids adored the boats going by.

We own at BWV and have stayed at all views over the years. We like standard view now because its a big point difference and we really don’t mind most of the views we’ve had. But I if was going to splurge, and had the points, Boardwalk view can be great, depending on the specific room.

We had a 1 bedroom boardwalk view adjacent to The Attic function area. We had lovely views of the Epcot fireworks, and I synced the music from my laptop to the fireworks. During our stay there were no functions at The Attic, so I can't comment on the noise. The noise from Boardwalk was minimal. I greatly enjoyed the balcony in the morning, evening and it was even shaded for a lovely afternoon tea. Since I don't know if we'll stay at BWV again, I'm glad we chose the boardwalk view.

So BLT for 9 nights and BWV for 9 nights? BLT is our home, and if you haven't stayed there, beware that a standard view studio there COULD have a lousy view and feels pretty cramped, so IMO after 9 days you may be very glad for the 1 bedroom and the nicer BW view. But IMO 63 points is a big chunk and only worth it to me then if you'll be in the room quite a bit. I suppose it comes down to how many points you have though. For me, I wouldn't do it but we don't have a huge contract.

Bill,

BLT is our home resort as well and our first stay there.

Boardwalk view is the best view on site; we almost always get it rather than standard despite that standard is the best bargain on site. You should look at it this way: BWV boardwalk view 1BRs cost about the same as BLT standard view, BCV, BRV, and CCV, cost a lot less than VGF or BLT lake or theme park view, and boardwalk view beats the view of all of those. In other words, the question you should be asking is not whether boardwalk view "is worth the extra points," but instead, "how did it ever get to be so cheap."

The first half would be 9 nights at a studio in BLT with a standard view. We have AP's so we don't have to hit the parks hard we can go more leisurely.
If you're taking a leisurely approach to your visit, then definitely spend the extra points to get that BW view! I've stayed in std. view at BWV several times to save points and TBH, the views are nothing to write home about BUT... that BW view of the lake, the lights, YC/BC and possibly EPCOT is phenomenal. The only problem is that once you have experienced it, you will not want to settle for a std. view anywhere else.

I would expect it would be a great view as long as you don't have a room with a solid balcony and not near the noise of Jellyrolls. It will not be the quiet view you get facing the quiet pool though. The Boardwalk can be noisy even when Jellyrolls isn't open.

Over the years....we always take the "cheapest" view. There are times when we have been pretty disappointed, but it never ruined a trip.

I don't look at the BW View as extra points - its the same number of points as all the Preferred View rooms that overlook the pool and all the rooms at BCV and BRV - I look at the standard view rooms as a bargain.

That said, we almost always book at the eleven month window and book the Boardwalk View - in part because we have the points to spare. When I have something else to prioritize points on, I've booked Standard View.

Boardwalk view is the best view on site; we almost always get it rather than standard despite that standard is the best bargain on site. You should look at it this way: BWV boardwalk view 1BRs cost about the same as BLT standard view, BCV, BRV, and CCV, cost a lot less than VGF or BLT lake or theme park view, and boardwalk view beats the view of all of those. In other words, the question you should be asking is not whether boardwalk view "is worth the extra points," but instead, "how did it ever get to be so cheap."

The Boardwalk view really pushed us to buy BWV over BCV! That area in general made us fall in love with WDW, and when we visited BCV we realized it doesn't really have views because of where it's situated. Can't wait until we can finally use our home resort priority to book a Boardwalk view room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts