BWV-Dirty Room AGAIN

DrTomorrow said:
Tony, it's all a matter of perspective; you see Room Service trays that need to be removed, I think "free buffet!" :lmao:

Be well!

True Dr. T., but to be honest, crusted over ketchup, cold greasy fries and crusts of various sandwiches with wilted lettuce, and lipstick markings, while some of my family's favorites, do tend to loose their appeal after 4 or 5 days of the same fixin's meal after meal after meal. Of course, at VWL where we ALWAYS get the dumspter view, the kids go Dumpster Diving several times a day, and we get a much greater variety!

See you at the VWL DB (Dumpster Buffet!)

-Tony

P.S. Now there will probably be lines at the DUmpster! I guess ADRs will be next!

Hey guys, I'm the original poster on this. My first visit, I did the freak out, call everyone , blah blah blah, wasted about 2 hours of my valuable time on my very short vacation, not to mention all that upset!! This visit, I was really grossed out, more so than upset to see what was left in the bathroom.
To get to DVC we have to get up at 3am, fly all day, cross country (from Seattle) and by the time we check in, am exhausted. I just felt defeated discovering a room pretty much in the same condition as my first visit to BWV as a DVC. My time off and my time is waay more valuable anymore than these upsets. I am so disappointed in WDW, feel it's an issue with the management in Housekeeping, it's their responsibiility and that's why they're paid what they're paid to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. So I have someone come and and clean......does anyone in DVC (i.e., Jim) hear about this, you bet not! You think the manager (unless I personally contact him/her) know about this? Nope! Well, this may be done after the fact, but I do have documentation and that will be sent along with the letters being sent. WDW/DVC should be ashamed that I view their BWV housekeeping processes and staff no better than if I stayed at Motel 6 or a Holiday Inn Express. Obviously, my upset and letters sent last time this happened to me didn't 'fix' anything with housekeeping at BWV. Ever feel defeated? Beat down? That's how I'm feeling. Starting to even wonder if DVC is the 'right thing' for me.....once is enough, but TWICE at the same resort is not acceptable. I treat DVC as 'my home' 'my investment' and always make sure that the room is tidy when we leave, making sure dishes in the dishwasher, garbage all in the garbage cans, etc. Feel badly for housekeepers, they have such hard, unpaid jobs... Not this time, just don't care......

OH! I did leave a note in the cupboard where the food was left with the date we checked in and found all the items and asking if it was still there for the next guest-be interesting to see if it's found by another guest!

That is a bummer!

Write your letters with your pics and such..maybe send to some superintendent of the resorts?

Meanwhile, next time you book your trip..stay at a different resort, sounds like BW has some issues it needs to straighten out.

We stayed at BCV and while I saw some trays in the hallways, like in the am, they were gone by the time we got back. I didn't find this to be a problem.

BTW if you are a new DVC person how would you know that trash should go to a trash room? I wouldn't know what to do with it and would have just left it to pile up in our room i guess.

DrTomorrow said:
...you see Room Service trays that need to be removed, I think "free buffet!"
In Arizona that's considered a concierge level amenity.

When I did my internship at POR a million years ago a Lead housekeeper was supposed to double check the rooms for like 6 housekeepers beneath her then call the rooms into the switchboard as ready to make sure they didn't miss a thing. I mean anything at all! If those corners on the sheets weren't perfect or there was dust on top of the armoir DO OVER. So as a previous poster said.. It may be a management issue. Just calling the switchboard/housekeeping and asking for a supervisor, lead, mgr should remedy any situation ASAP. If that doesn't or you don't want to wait calling the front desk and getting the shift mgr should get your room reassigned. They train college students in every area of the resort so a front desk person may have been cleaning rooms last week. Training and standards are usually very high. I was phisically fit and 19 years old and it was the toughest job I've ever done! Some employees have a dif. standard of living, but everybody has been trained to clean a certain way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter